Made with SynthEdit, so what?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly i don't care if it is SynthEdit or PimpEdit as long as it is sounding good.. :? 8)

Burillo wrote:so please, keep your "x64 is the same as x86" to yourself. i know it's not. i don't want to introduce instability and inconvenience just because i have to run a few sample libraries.
Easy man, this is just a friendly exchange of ideas.

What I wanted to say is, don't hurry for a 64bit host if you're still using many 32bit plug-ins. And in case of Reaper, if the 32bit version process internally in 64bit (not sure) I think it's the best choice right now. Using bridges and that sort of magic adaptors will mostly be troubly.

Regards,

Walter

I Think people tend to look as plugins made on this sort of pre-fab modules like inferior when compared to other released plugins, but honestly its really a matter of missdjudge

Synthmaker or Synthedit are very powerfull aplications that when well handed can do pretty much anything you want as vst plugin.

the fact is, most of people who work with this this both aplications release simplistic, sometimes ugly and buggy plugins that make people think they suck

but they dont... i dont have 100% sure, but when i see "synthmaster" wich is a pretty hyped vsti this days, i think it was made on synthmaker... and there are very, very solid stuff made on synthedit also, you can check elektrostudio plugins, wich most of them are emulations, they sound absolutly superb, without being cpu intensive...

when people think about synthedit or synthmaker, they think about: ugly GUI's, tipical slugish sound coming from bad factory presets design, all that comes from lack of experience or knoledge from the people who made the stuff, and not because of the program, making a plugin its an art also,if the artist lacks of talent and knoledge it will end up not being a good plugin, but if the artist is good and the knoledge is there... then doesnt matter where, it will apeal the use of it...

Even if some people claim the sound of this cant be never as good as other coded, people should remember that sound is what modules define... the arquitecture, the way they are modelated, the way you design sound, that's all it matters, the source its mostly tiny cycles of wave wich will be transformed, they can be addictevly modelated, or frequency boost or cut modelated.

made on synthedit? synthmkaer? it doesnt matter, it matters who did them...
and in fact there are people releasing amazing stuff made on this app's.

Cosmo Circle wrote:but when i see "synthmaster" wich is a pretty hyped vsti this days, i think it was made on synthmaker...
Excuse me??? a SynthMaker made plugin running on OSX as AU/RTAS, :shock:

Please dont make any claims without knowing what you're talking about!
Synthmaster is written with C++ / VSTGUI.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Read this thread. Still don't know why people are dissing synthedit stuff.

Never had a technical problem with any of it.

kv331 wrote:
Cosmo Circle wrote:but when i see "synthmaster" wich is a pretty hyped vsti this days, i think it was made on synthmaker...

I think he meant he just confuses the two words, no need to get so defensive. You make it look like you have something against SE/SM...

The way I see it is that since synthedit has a lower threshold of get started making plugins and that path from start to finished product is shorter there are a lot more "throw together"-plugins. It doesn't mean it is not possible to make good plugins but it means one has to go through quite plenty of not so good plugins.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote:The way I see it is that since synthedit has a lower threshold of get started making plugins and that path from start to finished product is shorter there are a lot more "throw together"-plugins. It doesn't mean it is not possible to make good plugins but it means one has to go through quite plenty of not so good plugins.
that's correct, and it is the same thing that happens with electronic music.
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

well folks, the way i see it, having been a kvr member for a while now, it's 2013 and we're still talking about how we evaluate software items.

musicians often have an innate interest in what everybody else thinks... i like to bring this to the forefront of the discussion because, oddly enough, a lot of people are interested in what everybody else thinks, and if you pay close attention, you may start to become aware of it.

:)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

kv331 wrote:

it isnt? didnt meant to offend...
i honestly thought it was a synthmaker made synth

:lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

For me:
SynthEdit is NOT a problem because it doesn't sound good - Sylenth 1 used it in first versions.
SynthEdit is NOT a problem because its 32 bit.
SynthEdit is NOT a problem due to instability.

SynthEdit IS a problem because it is not compatible with OSX.

In today's world if a plug doesn't run on both MAC and PC I will not try or buy.

and Linux
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

C-note wrote:For me:
SynthEdit is NOT a problem because it doesn't sound good - Sylenth 1 used it in first versions.
SynthEdit is NOT a problem because its 32 bit.
SynthEdit is NOT a problem due to instability.

SynthEdit IS a problem because it is not compatible with OSX.

In today's world if a plug doesn't run on both MAC and PC I will not try or buy.
Hi,

Are you right?
Perhaps a lot apple users doesn't buy any license of theirs softwares? right? They do not need freewares or cheap softwares because they use a lot pirated plugins... The PC users do also the same... So the reality for the devs it's to work a lot for nothing!

This track is available on my url in 24 bit/48k WMA:
http://kx77free.free.fr/data/wma/2015/F ... o-Jeff.wma

A lot of people, musicians, hobbyist devs should be happy with Synthedit but some of them prefer to see the negative points about that Jeff doesn't finish to transpose his baby to Apple and to the 64 bit but waiting we can use SE vsts with jBridge. That works!
SE1.2 can done VST3 in 64 bit and compatible with OSX but it is in development and actually it has limits of its GUI features but step by step Jeff debugs SE 1.2. This is why some devs like me prefer to wait a little to provide some VST3 in 64 bit but the best way to help Jeff is to test his alpha 1.2 or simply to send him a support for his hard work!

http://www.synthedit.com

http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge (20$ only)

I done this track on my usual PC on Vista 32 bit and I imported the *.cpr file to a laptop with Seven 64 bit , to play my Cubase session with Cubase Element 6 64 bit.
I just need to run Cubase in administrator mode after that I created a jBridge database based on my usual 32 bit vsts (mame.64).
After I can run my session without any modifications in Cubase element 6 used for my tests of jBridge. Of course the manipulation is the same for all 64 bit daws, except Reaper which has a really good internal 64 bit wrapper.
I recorded this track directly with an AUREON XFIRE HD USB audio card (48k to 44.1k).

For my 2 last tracks I used the really good reverb Space 360 made by Cytosonic with SynthMaker for the KVR challenge of 2012.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/space360-by-cytosonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Qq8cB2j84

Xavier

little one :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”