Spectrum Analyzer S8

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Screenshot for the v2 looks great.
Honestly, I haven't tried it yet, since the ease of use of this plugin is seriously reduced as long as it isn't available as a VST plugin.

But generally speaking, a Spectrum Analyzer like this with multiple inputs can be very helpful.
Thanks! You can try out v2, is already available http://www.kvraudio.com/product/spectru ... in-kripper.
If you are not an Ableton Live user you can use the Standalone version with Soundflower (mac) or Jack (windows), also with ReWire protocol in both OS. All the conections are explained in S8's user manual! Otherwise you can download the VST that runs on Live. Anyway, I guess I should build a VST .DLL version in the near future :P

Happy new year mates!

#S8 on ipad (2nd screen)

Hi Kevin, I just bought your product and downloaded Soundflower but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm trying to use it with Logic but I'm not skilled with technical stuff.

I'm not really sure what to do. Please help!

samdowd95 wrote:Hi Kevin, I just bought your product and downloaded Soundflower but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm trying to use it with Logic but I'm not skilled with technical stuff.

I'm not really sure what to do. Please help!
Hi, thanks for purchasing S8 and supporting the project!

I don't use Logic, but I guess the only thing you have to do is to go to the I-O section of each track you want to send to S8 and route audio to it. For example: track 1 (out Soundflower 1-2 instead of Master), track 2 (out Soundflower 3-4). There is no need to open Soundflower, just open Logic and S8 and choose Soundflower in the audio settings.

Drop me a line if you still have problems to solve this!

ps: what OS are you using? Have you tried using ReWire instead of virtual cables?

Cheers!

Thanks for responding. I tried setting the output of a track to Output 3-4 but there's still no sound coming out and no frequencies on S8. It also only says "Output 3-4" instead of "Out Soundflower 3-4", and output 1-2 isn't an option, it only goes from output 3-4 up. I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.5 and Logic Pro 9.1.8.

I downloaded ReWire but I'm having trouble using it. I don't know how to "Choose the software you will use as ReWire Slave. A list of all the software available to do this will appear in the Rewire pop-up menu." like it says in the manual. A pop-up menu isn't coming up and I don't know how to get it up as there doesn't seem to be an application called ReWire to open. Sorry I'm so bad at this, thanks for the help.

No problem. Lets try to solve this!!!

1) Please read Audio Settings 2 from the manual. Maybe it is something with the I-O of S8.
2) What version of Soundflower are you using? With OSX Lion I know it is kind of buggy.
3) Its okay it won't show Soundflower 1-2. Its going to show only 1-2, 3-4, etc.
4) What version of ReWire are you using?

1) Output 3, Output 4 aren't available in the I/O Mappings window. Image
2) Soundflowerbed v1.6.6
3) Okay
4) ReWire 1.7

Should the output for S8 be changed? I know the input for S8 and the output for Logic Pro are both Soundflower, but I'm not sure if their respective output and input should both be "built-in" output and "built-in" input.

I also tried setting the driver to ad_rewire and got this:

Last edited by samdowd95 on Thu May 09, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi!

- "Output 3-4" won't appear if your soundcard don't have more than 1 stereo output!
- Soundflower version its ok. Also ReWire (please read the instructions carefully)

* Maybe this is silly of me but in every picture you posted "Audio" is turned off. Be sure is turned on!

Cheers!

Finally! You were right, I had Audio turned off. I guess I am really a noob at this. Thanks for your help, great to see it finally works so I can hopefully master stuff better!

samdowd95 wrote:Finally! You were right, I had Audio turned off. I guess I am really a noob at this. Thanks for your help, great to see it finally works so I can hopefully master stuff better!
Don't worry! I'm glad we solved this so you can start using S8!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”