Spectrum Analyzer S8

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spectrum Analyzer S8 v2.0 Ready!!

What is new:

- Support ReWire protocol (no need for virtual cables)
- User can set the range of frequencies that the analyzer will show
- Logaritmic and Linear views
- An always-stay-on-top option
- Freeze option
- GUI improvements

This version will be released few days after the end of the DC12! Stay tuned and keep supporting this project! Cheers!!

kevinkripper wrote:Spectrum Analyzer S8 v2.0 Ready!!
Hey Kevin. That's great. Will it remain freeware? Does this mean SA S8 v1.0 won't be getting any revisions for the rest of DC12? A lot of the DC12 entries remained at version 1.0. And one is even 0.0. When exactly is the absolute last day of voting? In terms of support, I have yours in the top 5. :)

harryupbabble wrote:
kevinkripper wrote:Spectrum Analyzer S8 v2.0 Ready!!
Hey Kevin. That's great. Will it remain freeware? Does this mean SA S8 v1.0 won't be getting any revisions for the rest of DC12? A lot of the DC12 entries remained at version 1.0. And one is even 0.0. When exactly is the absolute last day of voting? In terms of support, I have yours in the top 5. :)
Harry, thank you very much for supporting us! And yes, of course it will remain freeware!!!

About the v1.0 I guess there is nothing to revise except the CPU usage (that i manage to reduce it a little bit in the 2.0). But on the whole, there are no bugs to fix so new features are the answer! And as you know, I can't update it now if it has new features...so, i'm sorry (really) but you'll have to wait a week to try the S8 2.0 (but it will be worth :) )

Well, today is the last day to vote so I want to thank KVR for the opportunity and all who voted and supported (and still do) this software :)

Stay tuned,

Kevin.-

harryupbabble wrote:Oh wow! It's super-easy to get Spectrum Analyzer working with Reaper.
Harry, in what version of Reaper are you working? I can't find the ReaRoute thing! :shock:

Here is a sneak peek of version 2.0. Hope you like it!

if you could only add a bargraph view with 128 bands/bars (1/12th octaved), octave ranged rather than decades over the frequency, plus useradjustable db weighting over the frequency span and upper/lower db range, and freely adjustable pluginwindowsize, that would be it... i'd nearly kill for it...
you could draw the curved view over/above the bargraphs, just like the seven phases analyzer does it.
i wouldn't use it als multi analyser, but as an individual plugin on the respected tracks...
there's no analyzer plugin that does that all (though the seven phases analyzer is close), only some of which do parts of all that... i would _love_ that...

well, i tried... at least... one can dream, right? :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

kevinkripper wrote: Harry, in what version of Reaper are you working? I can't find the ReaRoute thing! :shock:

Here is a sneak peek of version 2.0. Hope you like it!

Hey Kevin. Version 2.0 looks great. When can we test it? :)

I am using Reaper 4.31. You probably can't find ReaRoute because it wasn't installed. During the install, under Additional Functionality, you need to put a check mark beside the "ReaRoute ASIO driver" option.

I voted your plugin into one of the top 5. Yours and the Maxwell Smart plugin are so useful - is used a lot in Reaper and so high points from me. I hope you did well in DC12. All developers rock. Thanks very much.

harryupbabble wrote:Hey Kevin. Version 2.0 looks great. When can we test it? :)
Harry, thanks! I guess in a few days, I have to finish the new manual!
I am using Reaper 4.31. You probably can't find ReaRoute because it wasn't installed. During the install, under Additional Functionality, you need to put a check mark beside the "ReaRoute ASIO driver" option.
Okay, I will try that! I want to add an extra part in the new S8 manual explaining how to route audio with ReaRoute!
I voted your plugin into one of the top 5. Yours and the Maxwell Smart plugin are so useful - is used a lot in Reaper and so high points from me. I hope you did well in DC12. All developers rock. Thanks very much.
Thank you very much. This is my first software and your words makes me really happy and more confident about my job. :)

17th place on 55 apps. Not bad, not bad at all! Thank you guys! :)

kevinkripper wrote:17th place on 55 apps. Not bad, not bad at all! Thank you guys! :)
You had my vote! Looking forward to your next updates!
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Ha! Kevin. I think your app is under-ranked. It's super-useful, to me at least. I suspect that the virtual cable setup difficulties baffled a lot of Windows user. If not for that, I think your app would have done even better in the DC12. Anyways, I'm glad you are happy with the DC12 results. Congrats. :)

Tomorrow will be available version 2.0!!! Thanks for your patience!!! If you want to keep supporting the project please make a donation through PayPal by clicking the "Donate" button below. Thanks a lot!!!!

kevinkripper wrote:17th place on 55 apps. Not bad, not bad at all! Thank you guys! :)
With VST DLL module you would have been in the 5 best :)

Jean-Loup J wrote:With VST DLL module you would have been in the 5 best :)
Maybe, I don't know!! For the time being you have the Standalone version and the M4L version (which is a VST but only for Ableton Live). Probably in the future I'll build a DLL version and, of course, I'll notify you in advance! Cheers and thanks for the suggestion!

Screenshot for the v2 looks great.
Honestly, I haven't tried it yet, since the ease of use of this plugin is seriously reduced as long as it isn't available as a VST plugin.

But generally speaking, a Spectrum Analyzer like this with multiple inputs can be very helpful.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”