All-DC12 Track

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, this thread nearly turned useful! :)

I didnt pick up on harryupbabble's specifics initially.
Acrobat wrote:
highkoo wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
highkoo wrote:I guess it is free advertising...
not from developers themselves,
I've seen at least 3 youtube videos on Alieno,
never commissioned any... A.
If the vids are shown like a demo vid for a particular synth, I can see where there might be a gripe if it is done poorly.
sorry but I don't understand your deep english :o
Well from a devs point of view, a video from a user is a very different thing than a song/preset from a user. Especially if that video is a 'demo', or an assessment of the quality of the tool. That is not necessarily a users job, and not every user may do a proper job of 'advertising' a tool. That is fair.
Im not really clear on how user videos tend to be. I would feel weird making an un-solicited video that approached anything like a demo video. What if I missed some features? What if my voice sucks? What if I am not using it right? Its not fair to the dev trying to do right by their work.
But a song is the intended purpose, that is the line to cross that is safe, imo.
Acrobat wrote: Anyway I think video-tests can be assimilated to audio tests and free songs, as long as they are freely available. :)
There we go. That is the gray area for me.
Anything 'audio' should be assumed ok imo, but what kind of vid is only an audio test?
I dunno. :D
But, I am surprised that harry actually didnt get responses from some devs. I mean, I cant believe they wouldnt at least ask what you were going to do in the vid.
harryupbabble wrote:include permission for videos too, not just audio tracks. :)
:tu: Grrreat idea!
Youtube is a bit popular these days. Some people post their music there before anywhere else. If I were a dev, Id throw a sentence in the license about it.

And hey thanks for the nice words bout my track everyone!

I think Ima make another one and start with Kamiooka. With the raves, I dont think I gave it enough of a chance. I am pretty bigoted toward graphical cables... :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Well, here a tune from our "speed scrabble champion"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eev_Lw23 ... e=youtu.be

I got permission btw.
Last edited by Ichad.c on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hah! I'm no speed scrabble champion since there are no speed scrabble championships. Besides, there are a handful or more people better and faster. But I'm definitely way, way better at speed scrabble than at making tunes. Hey how about you guys post your tunes too huh? :)

Cool tune!
Pretty pleasant sounding for something inspired by cat fights! :P
Dig that HYDi patch.

A 'sequencer vid' like that is a cool way to present a track, especially in this context. And its a great use for 'Inspiration'!
I always enjoy "seeing" productions like that.
:tu:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Cool tune!
Pretty pleasant sounding for something inspired by cat fights! :P
Dig that HYDi patch.

A 'sequencer vid' like that is a cool way to present a track, especially in this context. And its a great use for 'Inspiration'!
I always enjoy "seeing" productions like that.
:tu:
:tu: :wheee:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”