All-DC12 Track

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I created a track in the process of testing out the DC entrants.

It is 100% DC2012, from soup to nuts.
I used sixty-four total instances of synths/effects, and a few samples.
Im pretty sure at least 3/4 of the entries are in there somewhere...
I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of plugin/daw crashes I had to deal with while testing em out.

Its a couple minutes of sloppy grinding mayhem at like seventy-something bpm.
Hope ya dig!

http://soundcloud.com/highkoo/sourcerous-kvr-dc2012
ImageImageImageImage

:tu:

nice to have an audio thread!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Well done mate! :band2:

Thanks guys!

Anyone else with a track?
Feel free to post em!
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Im pretty sure at least 3/4 of the entries are in there somewhere.
That's a butt load of synths and effects. :) I want to emulate your "just do it" spirit but I am not sure about having to ask permission to use all that synths and effects and soundwares. Or is permission even needed? I recently have become aware of a YouTube channel that has at least 1400 videos of nothing but VST plugins being used. So, when it comes to freeware, does anybody have the right to just make videos and audios using those freewares without permission? I am hoping that no permission is needed. :)

harryupbabble wrote: That's a butt load of synths and effects. :)
Yeah, lil bit overboard.
Of course some are sort of 'unheard', both because of what they are designed to do, and just by my creative process...

Yeah, there are Youtube channels that are nothing more than a demo of the latest demo VST, clicking through presets on C5, or at best, on a looped midi loop.
I guess it is free advertising...

But yeah, uh this track isnt going to be released on SONY or anything,.. yet! :hihi:
No really, I assume people making tracks and posting em is exactly what the devs want. :shrug:

I considered listing out all the instances of what I used, but I didnt want to imply the ones I didnt use were shit to me, cuz it actually didnt even work out that way. Plus I am lazy. Just counting how many plugins was a chore. :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Being a developer myself, I'm all for such tracks, thank you for your effort!

highkoo wrote:I guess it is free advertising...
not from developers themselves,
I've seen at least 3 youtube videos on Alieno,
never commissioned any... A.

highkoo wrote: I assume people making tracks and posting em is exactly what the devs want.
If you were to have asked permission from all those (30 or more?) developers to do your soundcloud audio track it would have probably taken weeks or more because although most of the developers will give you permission right away, some will not even give you a reply of "No, you may not use my freeware in your video or your audio track!". For all anybody know, they died, or went on a vacation or just too busy to reply. :-o :)

harryupbabble wrote: If you were to have asked permission from all those (30 or more?) developers to do your soundcloud audio track
I dont really understand why I would.
That is the function of the tools that were given away.
Is the assumption that these tools exist only in the context of the DC?

Tbh, the notion that someone produced and gave away freeware, in a contest, and does not desire, let alone expect, that it will be used is pretty funny.

If a dev did come to me after the fact, I would respect their wishes, but I would shout it from the rooftops, because it would be ridiculous.
Acrobat wrote:
If the vids are shown like a demo vid for a particular synth, I can see where there might be a gripe if it is done poorly.
ImageImageImageImage

AXP wrote:Being a developer myself, I'm all for such tracks, thank you for your effort!
+1 on the above statement. I find it encouraging :) - that somebody actually takes the time out to do a song/presets/video - all good in my book. Most "freeware" devs - just don't have the time to do everyhing -> actual coding, bugfixes, new features, manual, website, graphics, songs, admin, video tutorials, presets, new products etc. Most are 1 man shows - so any help is good, IMHO.

Regards
Andrew

highkoo wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
If the vids are shown like a demo vid for a particular synth, I can see where there might be a gripe if it is done poorly.
sorry but I don't understand your deep english :o
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Actually, I do encourage folks to use my stuff and publish theirs too, so I am totally with you guys here! :lol:

Thanks highkoo & cheers!
Björn

highkoo wrote:Tbh, the notion that someone produced and gave away freeware, in a contest, and does not desire, let alone expect, that it will be used is pretty funny.
I totally agree but do all developers agree? Of the developers that included a license agreement, this is typically what it says:
You MAY use this plugin however you wish, any sounds you create are yours.
You MAY use the presets however you wish, commercially or otherwise.
You MAY NOT distribute this plugin without my permission.
You MAY NOT alter the plugin.
I think only about 10% of all developers included a license agreement. It would save a lot of guesswork if they all include such license and to include permission for videos too, not just audio tracks. :)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”