are all prices shared out yet? is the random winner picked?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bob bobwood wrote:Had a reply from Ben, and since he has delegated various duties relating to DC12, he has to make enquiries himself.
Cool, at least a reply. Hope he can solve this quickly

Just got an email telling me I won a prize for being part of DC12 :)

Tehnik wrote:Just got an email telling me I won a prize for being part of DC12 :)
Hey hey hey! Congrats!

ah, the cogs are finally turning then. Thanks for letting us know.

Tehnik wrote:Just got an email telling me I won a prize for being part of DC12 :)
Congratulation!
yzcoruhT

thanks! it was a big surprise as I totally forgot there were going to be some prizes for non-devs ;)

Whilst I didn't expect a list of winners or that every winner would announce themselves, I did expect some sort of official confirmation on KVR that the donated prizes have been shared out.

So, I'll fire another pm off to Ben.

Yes, all been sent out, expect official announcement in the next week.

or not, as seems to be the case. Done with asking and looking.

If it bothers you, I can only suggest you pm Ben.

bob bobwood wrote:or not, as seems to be the case. Done with asking and looking.

If it bothers you, I can only suggest you pm Ben.
How can I pm Ben, this is disrespectful!

kevinkripper wrote:How can I pm Ben, this is disrespectful!
Find a post by Ben [KVR] (see site stuff) and pm in usual manner or
Forum > Member List

bob bobwood wrote:
kevinkripper wrote:How can I pm Ben, this is disrespectful!
Find a post by Ben [KVR] (see site stuff) and pm in usual manner or
Forum > Member List
already sent!

The competition finished months ago so did the devs get their prizes yet?

I remember in previous years prizes were shared out in public and it was nice to see the competitors being rewarded. I presume it is either secret this year or not even happened yet???

I don't know anything. I have created an app, and I believed that every developer would win something. The answers Bob got suggest that it is not the case, and that the people who have won something during the KVR DC have received their prize yet.

Seriously, I don't like at all the total lack of communication about the end of the competition. I mean, I can understand if the staff of KVR is too busy, for any professional or personal reason. But we have no information for 3 months about these prizes (the licenses), and this is really disrespectful for all the people involved in this competition. Moreover, the answers that Bob got seem to be very evasive, like nobody of the KVR staff really cares anymore about this issue.

And once again, they may have a reason for that, but at least they should communicate about it !

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”