Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Forever ? That is some ask, that !

bob bobwood
KVRAF

1793 posts since 24 Apr, 2010, from Nottingham

Postby bob bobwood; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:57 am Forever ? That is some ask, that !

Your entry should be fully functioning and remain fully functioning forever.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-Z of Plugins, etc updated 22.35 December 24th 2016
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7878 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:53 pm Re: Forever ? Some ask that.

Should not use an installer that includes toolbars that have known viruses.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams
Perimeter Sound
KVRAF

1672 posts since 11 Oct, 2007

Postby Perimeter Sound; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 pm Re: Forever ? That is some ask, that !

Your entry should have the minimum # of controls (needed) to get the job done, and please have them (those controls) as clearly (in laymans terms) labelled as possible ? Just a humble request is all, not a demand or anything silly like that. :D Some plugs are pretty -experimental- in nature, and I/we do love that, they can just be tough to tame and work with (and really determine the use-value of in a relatively short amount of time, to *judge* them in). There's no putting rules on creativity of course, just some general guidelines/advice to consider aiming for maybe. :)
Pytchblend
KVRist

493 posts since 4 Jul, 2011, from UK

Postby Pytchblend; Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:14 am Re: Forever ? Some ask that.

RunBeerRun wrote:Should not use an installer that includes toolbars that have known viruses.

I don't like any .exe installers. Almost all my favourite plugins are installed by copying a folder that contains the .dll to my VST path.
jobromedia
KVRAF

4918 posts since 10 Feb, 2006, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby jobromedia; Mon May 26, 2014 12:41 pm Re: Forever ? That is some ask, that !

I personally prefer installers since if VST plugins contains separate folders for all files, it feels like when uninstalling the plugins then there is the risk that some files remains.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge Chat