It's 1st august today - can't find the entries?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

arkmabat wrote:SS over tubes?
Yes. It's a lot easier to get huge amounts of distortion out of solid state amps than tube amps, and typically for 1/5 the price... or less. I paid $70 for one of my GX-130C combos. :hyper: There's tons of tube amp sims out there, and I can get great sounds out of most of them, but I still find myself using solid state amps as preamps and running the effects send out into the computer and adding power amps/cabs.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

JoBroMedia has an interesting stab at finding/sorting samples. Kind of makes me miss certain offline tools like "check host projects for plugin use" or the one that was a "time manager" in combination with either Cubase or StudioOne. Might take a look at it, but don't know if it would be of any use.
Online sample lookup. Unfortunately no download of those samples directly into your DAW though.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Might come in handy at some point, but I barely need samples outside of bundles I have collecting dust on my HDD already.

I can imagine however that sound designers and foley editors might definitely appreciate that tool.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Aloysius wrote:Well done everybody. You're all winners in my book.

Looking forward to trying these out.
+1

And as others have said, thanks for your hard work, Ben (and everyone else at KVR)!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

FYI the voting tool says voting will close in December :D

Great work from several of the devs. There are some nice surprises in there too, including but not limited to those very nicely done Bazille presets. :tu:

Did anyone else have issues with Paraphrasis showing up in your DAW? I have the dll in my VST directory but it's not showing up in Reaper...

lachrimae wrote: Did anyone else have issues with Paraphrasis showing up in your DAW? I have the dll in my VST directory but it's not showing up in Reaper...
Install Microsoft Redistributable for Visual C++ 2013 - vcredist_x86.exe.

Paraphrasis is LOTS OF FUN!!! But I had to increase latency to avoid some clicks.

Lucid is very good too. Very modern sound. Serious contender.

Crio sounds powerfull.

and... The Multiply chorus is absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Dominus wrote:
arkmabat wrote:SS over tubes?
Yes. It's a lot easier to get huge amounts of distortion out of solid state amps than tube amps, and typically for 1/5 the price... or less. I paid $70 for one of my GX-130C combos. :hyper: There's tons of tube amp sims out there, and I can get great sounds out of most of them, but I still find myself using solid state amps as preamps and running the effects send out into the computer and adding power amps/cabs.
Yes, but a Crate??? My first Amp twenty something years ago was a crate, and it was a perfect example for analog not always sounding better than digital. Well, I try to overcome my trauma and give it a fair test run. :ud:
Also looking forward to testing the vladg, lkjb, acon and lvc plugs, and that fractional delay thingy. I just hope it won't be as hot anymore in the following weeks so I can turn on my computer without heating up my apartment even more...
Also, let's hope that the donations hit at least the $2000 mark now that the plugins are out...

Compyfox wrote:A bit of a turnoff is WOK.
Nothing against his creations, but two entries? Is that allowed according to the rules? And I'm sure I've seen INSTRETCH before? Unless I'm having a serious deja vu right there.
I did not read that it's not allowed (and Ben could have cut one if it was).
Instretch with it's live recording ability is similar but not the same as stretcha, that loads WAV files :wink:
(anyway it's only about taking part that counts - no big chance to win something regarding several great works there from the others... :tu: )
ImageImage

alvfaria wrote: ... The Multiply chorus is absolutely INCREDIBLE!
Thanks, very much appreciated! 8)

Best,
Stian

alvfaria wrote:Paraphrasis is LOTS OF FUN!!! But I had to increase latency to avoid some clicks.
Glad you like it! :tu: I hope I will figure the performance ASAP...

fese wrote:
Yes, but a Crate??? My first Amp twenty something years ago was a crate, and it was a perfect example for analog not always sounding better than digital. Well, I try to overcome my trauma and give it a fair test run. :ud:
Yes, a Crate. Bands like Cannibal Corpse and Ministry got some great tones out of Crate solid state amps. Usually the weak spot with amps is the speaker, so combo amps fall short a lot of the time. Use better speakers (or IRs) and you'll get better sounds.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

At first glance, looks like a lot of previously been done designs, looking forward to something original from Xoxos. Not going to download a lot of these.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Anoher surprises!

Strum from VST Zone: Love this one too. Maybe the FX section can be released as a separate plug in? :)

Mormox Imitate: I don't like the GUI. And I was expecting nothing from this one. But... Holy Cow! What a sound!!!

Snuck right up on me.
Ho boy! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”