AXP Flextron DC14 support [1.0.03 / 11.08.2014]

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Flextron DC14

One bug I found: when first loading the plugin I get no sound unless the tube is off, or the amp is in bypass and tube in pre-amp. Changing the oversampling to anything else fixes this, though, even after changing the oversampling back to the default 1X. I can reproduce this by removing and reloading the plugin, too. I'm in FL Studio 11 and using the 64-bit version.

Still, even with that it's gotta be the most convenient amp sim out there. One plugin has the amp, spring reverb and cab, and it plays nicely with stereo samples by default.

Dominus wrote:
Wolfen666 wrote:Have you tried to remove the x86 version when you try to use the x64 one ?
I only used the x86 version after the x64 version failed to load.

I even did a test with only 4 plugins in a new VST64 folder. Flextron and Emissary (both which failed to load), NadIR which loaded fine, and Acon Digital's Multiply, which also loaded fine. Emissary gave an error message, Flextron didn't do anything. When I rescanned with the option for VST Names unchecked both plugins would load, Emissary would crash Reaper and Flextron would get disabled immediately.

I'm pretty sure FM25 worked before I upgraded my computer, so it really seems like a compiler/CPU/Chipset issue. I haven't gotten a chance to try another host yet, but I'll try to do that tonight.

Tried VSTHost, same issue. SoftDrive GV loads, Flextron and FM25 don't.

Here's some people on the Reaper forums having similar issues with other plugins:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=141826

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=143410

One of them also just upgraded their computer, so I was wondering if it could be some incompatibility with the chipset/CPU, as strange as that sounds.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Guys, thanks for putting all those reports here. I was swamped with work for a few days, but I'll get to your issues over the weekend. Those crashes on new hardware might very well be due to the different compiler. I'll look into this.
My free VST guitar effects
www.soft-amp.com

AXP wrote:Guys, thanks for putting all those reports here. I was swamped with work for a few days, but I'll get to your issues over the weekend. Those crashes on new hardware might very well be due to the different compiler. I'll look into this.
Drop a PM to Wild Hades (IgniteAmps), he's working on Emissary to see if he can find the issue. Maybe you guys can brainstorm together. He sent me a few different builds. One of them acted the same way that Flextron x64 does in Reaper. (Loads but is disabled.)

Yeah, we are already in touch. I'll get to it tomorrow and will make a few test builds too.
www.soft-amp.com

Problem identified. New build incoming. Stay tuned. :D
www.soft-amp.com

AXP wrote:Problem identified. New build incoming. Stay tuned. :D
:tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

New version is available. DC entry has been updated, as well as my site. "Update" button in the plugin's GUI will take you to the download page.

Thanks to Dominus and Wild Hades (from Ignite Amps) for contributing to the workaround identification.
www.soft-amp.com

AXP wrote:New version is available. DC entry has been updated, as well as my site. "Update" button in the plugin's GUI will take you to the download page.

Thanks to Dominus and Wild Hades (from Ignite Amps) for contributing to the workaround identification.
New version works great!

The update button wouldn't work in my case though, as the plugin wouldn't load originally. :lol:

I hate having to click the on button for every time I change a patch but this delivers a very nice sound.

The Cranked Up built-in preset was used for most of this video. At about timeline 5:20 is where external cabinets is switched off and going through Flextron's other built-in presets begins. The external cabinets come back at about timeline 7:05. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4U7v6YFcY8

The problem with the lack of output on the initial plugin loading with the Tube stage enabled has been resolved. Please update to ver. 1.0.03. I'd appreciate if those who previously observed it (particularly in FL Studio) could confirm that.
www.soft-amp.com

harryupbabble wrote:The Cranked Up built-in preset was used for most of this video. At about timeline 5:20 is where external cabinets is switched off and going through Flextron's other built-in presets begins. The external cabinets come back at about timeline 7:05. :)
too much gain! :D
Thanks for doing that. I'll try to get myself to record some examples too.
www.soft-amp.com

too much gain! :D
Thanks for doing that. I'll try to get myself to record some examples too.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure metal music can't have too much gain. :)

No problem. I like doing it, making videos is pretty much the only way to show this recipient's gratefulness to developers. I'm going to try to make videos of everything that was entered in DC'14. I hope other developers are okay with that. I hope my vst-testing videos are not supercrappy.

Anyhows, looking forward to your examples of less gain. :) Thanks again. :tu:

Here's a quick demo I've put together tonight (warning: sloppy playing!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZaYBQpShM
www.soft-amp.com

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”