Guitar Gadgets support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Gadgets

vic_france wrote:
Miles1981 wrote:Did you validate the AU version with the command line tool Apple provides?
No, I used the AU Plugin Manager inside Logic Pro, to rescan the plugin.
It was a question for Wolfen ;)
I do that usually in addition to AULab and DAWs (Live or Tracktion).

I did that inside Logic Pro to be sure everything is fine ;)

Yep, all fine in Logic Pro X now (including automation ;) )
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

I did an article on my blog about the making of Guitar Gadgets. It may give you information about my future projects :wink:

http://musicalentropy.wordpress.com/201 ... r-gadgets/

I like that philosophy.

I think for me it's about discovery, whether I'm making music with the simplest instrument or a complex track, or trying instruments or effects, or writing plugins. And I want the plugins I write to also give that experience to other people. (I don't tend to think that way consciously with the music I make, but maybe there's something to that... I'll have to think about it.)

Sorry, double.
Last edited by foosnark on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good article. I've always found a sudden great sound you get from a new piece of equipment/software to be one of the strongest sources of inspiration.
My free VST guitar effects
www.soft-amp.com

Thanks :wink: I agree with you, even if I consider finding inspiration only in new gear is a trap, and that we all fall for it all the time :hihi:

Anyway, I have just seen that a guy has posted on youtube videos of almost every KVR DC 2014 entry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0fuT7JPLdM

Ahhh, it's the same awful synthetic guitar he put through my plugin! Anyway he did a great job.

One more idea for further work:
Make Larsenator track the input signal frequency and adjust the feedback freq to match it. I've got the impression that currently it depends only on the knob position, so it behaves more like an acoustic speaker/mic feedback, rather than feedback through guitar strings.
www.soft-amp.com

One more idea for further work:
Make Larsenator track the input signal frequency and adjust the feedback freq to match it. I've got the impression that currently it depends only on the knob position, so it behaves more like an acoustic speaker/mic feedback, rather than feedback through guitar strings.
Yes that's what I would like to do when my input signal frequency follower will be good enough :D I told before I'd like to work again on the Larsenator when the DC is over :wink:

Wolfen666 wrote:Yes that's what I would like to do when my input signal frequency follower will be good enough :D I told before I'd like to work again on the Larsenator when the DC is over :wink:
In this particular case good enough should be easy to achieve, because you don't strictly need a fundamental. Just any periodic tone in the signal will do. Add some smoothing and/or logic to avoid jumps. Plus there's plenty of time for deciding what frequency to resonate between the note onset and release to the level when the feedback should kick in.
It's something I have been interested in doing for quite a while but never had enough time. So good luck, looking forward to it!
www.soft-amp.com

You're right, we will see in September ;) Thanks for the comments !

Here is a video of Guitar Gadgets having its effects firstly on a drum loop, secondly on a synth loop, and thirdly on a guitar riff loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmv3pTG5jI

Thanks a lot for the video ! ;)

This entry has already been a bunch of fun. It's made me grin numerous times while checking it out. That doesn't seem to happen much when testing plugins! Great job!

anyone found the easter egg yet?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”