Guitar Gadgets support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Gadgets

" Some of them should have been “unlockable” with stupid achievements, such as “playing ten minutes with each gadget”, “using extreme parameters on the crusher” or “playing the intro of Smoke on the Water from Deep Purple”. "

Two out of those three, I did on day one ... coulda saved me a lot of time ... (and pain) ... jus' sayin' ...
Well, I will remember every plug-in users won't like to have "game stuff" embedded in plug-ins for my future projects :wink:
(... and did you just call me 'stupid' ?)
Sorry ? I will never do such a thing ??

Wolfen666 wrote:
with stupid achievements, such as “playing ten minutes with each gadget”, “using extreme parameters on the crusher” or “playing the intro of Smoke on the Water from Deep Purple”. "

Two out of those three, I did on day one
I really must learn to use those 'smiley' things!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Ah ok I got it :D

Else, the automation bug has been solved I think. I will update in a few minutes the windows version, and maybe tomorrow the Mac OS X one :wink:

Wolfen666 wrote:... the automation bug has been solved ...
31 minutes -
- including interruptions!

It's taken me longer than that just to make coffee (and I haven't started actually drinking it yet).
I guess that's why you make productivity tools - and why I need them.

Thank you - yet again!
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

I cheated, I guessed right where the bug is when I see your description :hihi:

This thing has a very pleasing general aesthetic.
All around, its great.

I agree with others;
Chaining and reordering the effects would bring it to another level. Might also bring cpu use to another level, but it would make it quite a useful beast.

Thanks! :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

How do you get this ini file to open up the hot knob?

Cool - the crusher can even replace a cab sim in a way. Load an Emissary lead channel instance, put Guitar Gadgets' Crusher after it, a tiny amount of amount and filter at 2 o' clock. Put phazor in front of it and it sounds awesome.
Before and after, some cheesy example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/241 ... gadget.mp3
(Damn, how do i get this embedded mp3 player thingy to work?)

Liking it. Makes my guitar playing sound better than it really is :wink: Just upped my vote for GG.

aMUSEd wrote:* It sounds great
I can confirm that. I never had that much fun testing a tool as part of a longer VSTi beta test.
aMUSEd wrote:* Easter eggs -fun and games
Care to fill me in, please?
Didn't find any of those sorts. I'm happy that it's working right out of the box.

aMUSEd wrote:* Encourages further development of a product with potential (or several)
Yes please - maybe a routing matrix in a future version, where you can chain several plugins in a row rather than loading each individually.

The only issue I have, is the reverb. It's almost too much, even at very small values.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I like it that way - it's very unique - I see it more as a character effect reverb than a transparent space type of reverb

This thing has a very pleasing general aesthetic.
All around, its great.

I agree with others;
Chaining and reordering the effects would bring it to another level. Might also bring cpu use to another level, but it would make it quite a useful beast.

Thanks! :tu:
Thanks a lot :wink:
How do you get this ini file to open up the hot knob?
To open up the hot knob, you need to access to the easter egg game (see the first post in the topic) and have 5000+ points. Else, I can send a ini file eventually to people who ask it by PM ;) The ini file saves some information including the high score you got in the game, and so it can be used to unlock the hot switch, or to transfer your information from one computer to another without losing the functionnality.

Cool - the crusher can even replace a cab sim in a way. Load an Emissary lead channel instance, put Guitar Gadgets' Crusher after it, a tiny amount of amount and filter at 2 o' clock. Put phazor in front of it and it sounds awesome.
Before and after, some cheesy example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/241 ... gadget.mp3
(Damn, how do i get this embedded mp3 player thingy to work?)

Liking it. Makes my guitar playing sound better than it really is :wink: Just upped my vote for GG.
Hehe I didn't think it would be used like this. Indeed, some people still prefer to use lowpass filters instead of convolution based cab simulation to get some kind of sounds. Thanks for having shared this sample of Emissary and Guitar Gadgets :tu:
Care to fill me in, please?
Didn't find any of those sorts. I'm happy that it's working right out of the box.
See the first message of the topic, there is a game you can make appear, and if you get a high score you will be able to unlock the hot switch :wink:
I like it that way - it's very unique - I see it more as a character effect reverb than a transparent space type of reverb
That's the way I wanted it to be ;)
Last edited by Ivan_C on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Else, I'm planning as I told before to add some new functions in Guitar Gadgets after the KVR Developer Challenge :

- The MIDI Learn, so it will be easier to control Guitar Gadgets with - say - an external MIDI controller such as a pedal !
- Some fixes on the algorithms (mainly the Miaou Miaou pedal and the Larsenator)
- the ability to chain up to 4 gadgets in the same Guitar Gadgets instance
- one new effect (I still don't know the one I will choose) since I did one more drawing for the KVR DC, but I didn't have the time to use it ;)

I may make a poll later to know what kind of effect will interest people the most :hihi:

A catacomb filter would be very KvRian ;)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”