Nova-67P DC14 topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nova-67P

lesha wrote:Here is the new GUI version with better knobs, hope you guys will like it.

PLEASE post the resources :hyper:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I think vladg said he will do something about it after the KVR DC ;)

Hey but he didn't forbid posting resources for the GUI :wink:

And the lesha one is AWESOME
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I just hope for GUI customization in a future update, or just a "new custom GUI" overall.

Still need to grab the No6 "update"/GUI as well. But I'm on windows, so GUI exchanging is not possible without hacking the device.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:But I'm on windows, so GUI exchanging is not possible without hacking the device.
Very easy to do...
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Hey but he didn't forbid posting resources for the GUI :wink:

Thanks, I've changed it a bit since the last update, but I will wait for the voting to finish to release it, or wait for Vladislav to implement the GUI change option.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Hey but he didn't forbid posting resources for the GUI :wink:

Thanks, I've changed it a bit since the last update, but I will wait for the voting to finish to release it, or wait for Vladislav to implement the GUI change option.
Arggg... 7 more days

OK :)
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Compyfox wrote:And I think I found a design flaw...

Cutting (bell filters) with parallel EQ's is kind of moot. It's less prominent than serial bands, while boosting in parallel to have a more subtle effect makes absolutely sense.

Another FR for a GE edition:
Cutting (either dynamic or regular) should be selectable to use in "series mode". If it's even possible without a rewrite.
I had written a pretty long explanation about Nova internals:
http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2014/08 ... explained/

Cut filters are connected in feedback after boost filters. This trick makes this parallel equalizer fully symmetric. For example if you boost 1 kHz +6 dB and 2 kHz +6 dB and then you change boost to cut +6 dB to -6 dB, you have got the same curve but mirrored around 0 dB.

So it's serial connection of boosts and cuts. But all bands of the same type (boost or cut) are connected in parallel.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

I just have nailed the bug related with working at >= 88.2/96 kHz, which caused Mac UI freeze and strange UI behavior on Windows. The update will come soon.

Hm... should have read the article more closer. Still, it feels like it's "barely" cutting anything.

Either way - excellent tool. Can't wait to see ALL your plugins being updated so that custom skinning without "hacking" (which I really don't know how or even want to do).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Hm... should have read the article more closer. Still, it feels like it's "barely" cutting anything.

Either way - excellent tool. Can't wait to see ALL your plugins being updated so that custom skinning without "hacking" (which I really don't know how or even want to do).
From my side the cutting works as expected. Could you make the screenshot or describe your cutting settings? It is possible there's a bug somewhere in the cutting stage.

Hmm. It seems official re-skinning support is really underrated area from my side. I have to think about it :-)

Nova-67P v1.0.2 update

Fixed bug with UI freeze when working on 88.2/96 or greater sample rates:

http://static.kvraudio.com/files/1451/n ... indows.zip
http://static.kvraudio.com/files/1451/n ... _2-mac.dmg

Please report me your experience.

I don't even need a screenshot for that.

Let's assume I want to notch out something from a full spectrum vocal part for example:

I used one band, made it as narrow as possible and then swept through the spectrum. I barely noticed anything - at least nothing drastic. Even though the cut was really wide (can't make it any smaller in terms of Q). Or it was due to the fact that the input signal was around -20dBFS and the cut only -12dBFS. Or the vocals weren't a good source material.

I don't know - but maybe you should take another look at that. Because this gave me the impression that the cut bands are not run in series, but in parallel.

Brushed aluminum looks more natural.
Download and put into resources folder inside of a component.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/10337364-post42.html

Fixed bug with UI freeze when working on 88.2/96 or greater sample rates:
It works now with Reaper / Windows XP in 88.2/96, thanks :tu:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”