Nova-67P DC14 topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nova-67P

Thanks for this plugin. Seems very good.
Right now it seems a little complex, although I believe you've done a good job making it simple.
But it will take me some effort to understand and use it.

highkoo wrote:I couldnt really figure out either of this years dynamic fx entries.... :shrug:

Im familiar with the concepts, and I thought Id dig em, but I literally couldnt figure them out.
I tried just a simple kick/bass duck set up. I got the side chain coming in but I really could not figure out what either of em was doing beyond that.

I fully consider that I am just getting dumber.
Read the manual and Vlad's blog post! I had to do it as well. ;)

Keep in mind it's a parallel equalizer, so any band-specific business will be limited in operation (in the good sense). It's almost impossible to overdo.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)

bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)
It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:
bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)
It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.
I agree. Thanks, I totally missed that. The GUI is kind of flat-to-a-fault.

GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

vladg wrote:GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. :hihi:

Can't wait for the Tokyo Labs version; TL stuff is a big part of my mixes now!

Vlad, thank you for your nice plugins ;)
I'm glad to read that you have plans for updates.

This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:
The GUI is faulty and the plugin lacks some really useful features and there was no proper beta testing done... I'm really happy with the 2nd place!

I was skeptic about this plugin but a lot of people used it and liked it so I just must to fix all bugs and usability stuff!
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
+1
My congrats too.

If you plan to win in future a finished GUI is required :pray:

@vladg: Sincere Congrats, I hope You'll continue the develope with other new fixed versions because this plug deserve! For Me N°1!!! :tu: :clap:

Congrats +1. For strict matter of personal usage, I've given my 5 points to another plugin (the excellent ReFine by lkjb that produces subtile enhancement to almost anything), but I've given you my 4 points and join the congrats party. You've made an amazing plugin, to my view you've been 4 steps ahead from the very beginning of the contest. I was fully convinced you'd place 1st too. You're not supposed to thank us, we are supposed to thank you for your work. Thank you. :)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Congratulations! You absolutely deserve it Vlad!

Some points on the gui. Aside from the skin itself, it's a little hard to distinguish band modes just by looking at the colors. Better color variety I think would help.

Absolutely well deserved :tu: (psstt... IMO it should have gone no 1 as the things that one can get away with, with it...how can I say it ? well, in the words of Fabien : "It's almost impossible to overdo")
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”