Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
G-Sun
KVRist

103 posts since 31 Jul, 2011, from Norway

Postby G-Sun; Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:48 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Thanks for this plugin. Seems very good.
Right now it seems a little complex, although I believe you've done a good job making it simple.
But it will take me some effort to understand and use it.
FabienTDR
KVRian

975 posts since 23 Feb, 2012

Postby FabienTDR; Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

highkoo wrote:I couldnt really figure out either of this years dynamic fx entries.... :shrug:

Im familiar with the concepts, and I thought Id dig em, but I literally couldnt figure them out.
I tried just a simple kick/bass duck set up. I got the side chain coming in but I really could not figure out what either of em was doing beyond that.

I fully consider that I am just getting dumber.

Read the manual and Vlad's blog post! I had to do it as well. ;)

Keep in mind it's a parallel equalizer, so any band-specific business will be limited in operation (in the good sense). It's almost impossible to overdo.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!
bduffy
KVRAF

19074 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)
Lesha
KVRian

1356 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)

It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.
It's easy if you know how
bduffy
KVRAF

Postby bduffy; Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

lesha wrote:
bduffy wrote:Is it just me, or does this plug-in mono-ize a track when it's inserted? (Mac OSX 10.9/VST)

It's set to mono by default, you can change the setting in the upper row of commands.

I would like it to be set to stereo when I open the plugin, as most of my channels are in stereo.

I agree. Thanks, I totally missed that. The GUI is kind of flat-to-a-fault.
vladg
KVRist

177 posts since 15 Jul, 2009, from Russia

Postby vladg; Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:47 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)
bduffy
KVRAF

Postby bduffy; Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:57 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

vladg wrote:GUYS, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! I’M HAPPY A LOT WITH THE 2ND PLACE!

– Vlad

My plans are:
1. Re-skin it ASAP
2. Re-release it under Tokyo Dawn Labs in 4-5 weeks (including "professional" beta-testing and GE version with more features)

Congratulations! You totally deserve it. :hihi:

Can't wait for the Tokyo Labs version; TL stuff is a big part of my mixes now!
sinkmusic
KVRAF

6146 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Vlad, thank you for your nice plugins ;)
I'm glad to read that you have plans for updates.
Lesha
KVRian

1356 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:15 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:
It's easy if you know how
vladg
KVRist

177 posts since 15 Jul, 2009, from Russia

Postby vladg; Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:35 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.
Can't wait for further improvements! :tu:

The GUI is faulty and the plugin lacks some really useful features and there was no proper beta testing done... I'm really happy with the 2nd place!

I was skeptic about this plugin but a lot of people used it and liked it so I just must to fix all bugs and usability stuff!
lobanov
KVRist

310 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby lobanov; Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:09 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

lesha wrote:This plugin was my favorite in this competition, congratulations on the 2nd place, although it deserves the winner position IMHO.

+1
My congrats too.

If you plan to win in future a finished GUI is required :pray:
Turello
KVRAF

3138 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:14 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

@vladg: Sincere Congrats, I hope You'll continue the develope with other new fixed versions because this plug deserve! For Me N°1!!! :tu: :clap:
DJErmac
KVRist

449 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from France

Postby DJErmac; Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Congrats +1. For strict matter of personal usage, I've given my 5 points to another plugin (the excellent ReFine by lkjb that produces subtile enhancement to almost anything), but I've given you my 4 points and join the congrats party. You've made an amazing plugin, to my view you've been 4 steps ahead from the very beginning of the contest. I was fully convinced you'd place 1st too. You're not supposed to thank us, we are supposed to thank you for your work. Thank you. :)
backb0ard
KVRer

5 posts since 9 Mar, 2013

Postby backb0ard; Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:16 pm Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Congratulations! You absolutely deserve it Vlad!

Some points on the gui. Aside from the skin itself, it's a little hard to distinguish band modes just by looking at the colors. Better color variety I think would help.
Tp3
KVRAF

2100 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:29 am Re: Nova-67P DC14 topic

Absolutely well deserved :tu: (psstt... IMO it should have gone no 1 as the things that one can get away with, with it...how can I say it ? well, in the words of Fabien : "It's almost impossible to overdo")
What is best ? How do you define 'best'? If you're talking about what you can think, what you can feel, what you can listen and hear, then 'best' is simply marketing signals (ie. hype) interpreted by your brain.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge 2018