Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

ReFine support topic

DJErmac
KVRist

327 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from Fr

Postby DJErmac; Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:41 am Re: ReFine support topic

Totally agree about the master channel : the settings are already perfect. But the plugin also works great as a "soundgoodizer" on individual instruments, and for this the settings aren't strong enough in my opinion.
www.youtube.com/ErmacFrance
(at the moment I'm having fun remixing Sonic The Hedgehog songs again)
Widowsky
KVRer

24 posts since 20 Aug, 2008

Postby Widowsky; Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:31 am Re: ReFine support topic

Found a glitch with Refine 1.0.5 VST3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8:
It makes Cubase 6.5.5 crash and disappear after being loaded on a mono channel, as soon as the sound is going thru it.

Great plugin anyway that I use a lot!
lkjb
KVRist

102 posts since 13 Oct, 2012

Postby lkjb; Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:17 am Re: ReFine support topic

Thanks for the report. I fixed the crash with mono instances and uploaded 1.0.6 on kvr.
I'll also have a look to add a "channel" toggle or something similar that'll increase the effect with a further update.
DJErmac
KVRist

327 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from Fr

Postby DJErmac; Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:18 am Re: ReFine support topic

One last suggestion if you allow me to : everytime you use ReFine on your master channel, each tweak slightly boosts the global volume, right ? So if your master channel was already close from maximum volume, using Refine will saturate the sound. Meaning you have to lower all your tracks if you want to use ReFine, or insert another plugin on your master channel that allows lowering volume. Why not simply add a "out vol" knob or auto-lower volume on ReFine instead ?
www.youtube.com/ErmacFrance
(at the moment I'm having fun remixing Sonic The Hedgehog songs again)
Lesha
KVRian

1258 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 am Re: ReFine support topic

DJErmac wrote:One last suggestion if you allow me to : everytime you use ReFine on your master channel, each tweak slightly boosts the global volume, right ? So if your master channel was already close from maximum volume, using Refine will saturate the sound. Meaning you have to lower all your tracks if you want to use ReFine, or insert another plugin on your master channel that allows lowering volume. Why not simply add a "out vol" knob or auto-lower volume on ReFine instead ?

Good idea, or some kind of auto-gain.
It's easy if you know how
hardyhard
KVRer

1 post since 30 Oct, 2007

Postby hardyhard; Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:34 pm Re: ReFine support topic

is there any chance for a audiounit version of Refine? I would like to use it in Logic X..
lkjb
KVRist

Postby lkjb; Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:03 am Re: ReFine support topic

It took some time, but I just release an update for ReFine which includes AudioUnit support and adds a x2 toogle to increase the effect.
The plugin can be downloaded on kvr.
Michael L
KVRAF

1823 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:27 am Re: ReFine support topic

A welcome improvement to one of 2014's KVRDC standouts. That 2x is x-nice on tracks with subtle changes, to heighten them in a different way than comp or eq. Thank you!
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
Lesha
KVRian

1258 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:16 am Re: ReFine support topic

Thank you!
It's easy if you know how
caiua
KVRer

5 posts since 6 Aug, 2013

Postby caiua; Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:42 pm Re: ReFine support topic

Is it possible to get 1.0.6 version of Refine as 1.1.0 does not start at Vista in MuLab 6? It returns a message saying that it is not able to start as the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll has not been found. Or maybe it's possible to debug it. Mac version works on 10.6.8
lkjb
KVRist

Postby lkjb; Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:56 am Re: ReFine support topic

You can use these links for 1.0.6: Windows / Mac
It might be I forgot to link some stuff statically; I'll have a look.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge Chat