[Update 10/08/2014] Ignite Amps Emissary support

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emissary

Thanks for the nice video, Harry! :D
klaggu wrote:I've also been having the same issue in Reaper. I believe the issue is something to do with the VST bridge thing that Reaper uses.
Still no success in replicating this problem, can you please list me your computer specs? Motherboard and processor. Windows, right? Which version?

Thanks

klaggu wrote:I've also been having the same issue in Reaper. I believe the issue is something to do with the VST bridge thing that Reaper uses.
The problem I'm having in Reaper can be duplicated in VSTHost though, so it's not a Reaper issue. It's something specific to a few plugins, with my computer. (100+ other plugins in that folder work fine. :x )
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Dominus wrote:
The problem I'm having in Reaper can be duplicated in VSTHost though, so it's not a Reaper issue. It's something specific to a few plugins, with my computer. (100+ other plugins in that folder work fine. :x )
AXP just sent me a new build of Flextron that worked!! Hopefully we're on the way to a solution.

Dominus wrote:AXP just sent me a new build of Flextron that worked!! Hopefully we're on the way to a solution.
Check your PMs

This plug sounds better than Rammfire. Very crisp distortion. Catches palm mutes well.

Wild Hades wrote:
Dominus wrote:AXP just sent me a new build of Flextron that worked!! Hopefully we're on the way to a solution.
Check your PMs
We have ignition!

:party:

Ok, thanks to Alexander from AXP and Dominus, it seems like we've finally found a solution.
Update coming in a few hours, I need some sleep first... :help: :D

Windows VST version updated to 1.0.1!

Download the new version here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/emissary-by-ignite-amps

Changelog:
- Fixed bug causing Win VST version to not be recognized by some hosts
- Increased .fxp preset slots to 16

Just a quick word of thanks. Great freebie.

Just one Q:
Is it normal that this amp produces feedback loops really quick?

I had a demo loop from Steinberg's media bay in use yesterday, and I got constant noise artifacts and feedback. Could be due to the heavily gated content of the loop. But Emissary sure is a more heavy weight beast than your other amp heads.

I'm also a bit irritated about the back panel knobs. I thought I could switch the voltage to maybe introduce a different type of hum, or use the Mix and Boost knob.

A bit more info on the tubes would have been nice as well. Non-guitar tech heads might be overwhelmed with the numeric descriptions. A common issue with all kinds of guitar emulations these days.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Just one Q:
Is it normal that this amp produces feedback loops really quick?

I had a demo loop from Steinberg's media bay in use yesterday, and I got constant noise artifacts and feedback. Could be due to the heavily gated content of the loop. But Emissary sure is a more heavy weight beast than your other amp heads.

I'm also a bit irritated about the back panel knobs. I thought I could switch the voltage to maybe introduce a different type of hum, or use the Mix and Boost knob.

A bit more info on the tubes would have been nice as well. Non-guitar tech heads might be overwhelmed with the numeric descriptions. A common issue with all kinds of guitar emulations these days.
Sorry for the late reply!

Regarding feedback, this is probably due to the very high amount of gain the Emissary has on the lead channel.
About the disabled controls on the rear panel, sorry for the confusion, but as I've explained on the first page of this thread, they're there to show all the features of the real amplifier.
The Mix control is related to the amplifier effect loop (send / return). A generic Dry / Wet mix control for the whole circuit has never been implemented in guitar amplifiers as far as I remember (I've seen it in bass amplifiers, though), so I've never seen the point of implementing it on a guitar plug-in (some DAWs implement that kind of control by default on any loaded plug-ins)
The Boost (which is a volume boost for solos, on the real amp) is disabled because in a DAW context you can simply automate the Master volume or the Output volume to get the same effect.

Regarding tubes, you're right, but as a lot of other tools used in the guitar / bass world, it is not so simple to describe the sound of a tube (triode, pentode or tetrode or whatever), mostly because it depends on the circuit around it.
Power amp tubes, having relatively little voltage gain, don't even have considerable Miller capacitances, so frequency-response wise, they can be considered flat. What changes is the headroom and the saturation curve, but again, it is very hard and subjective to describe saturation and it all depends on the bias settings.
Generally, 6L6s and KT88s are considered to be "modern" sounding, with a tighter tone and preferred by metal guitarists. EL34s are more suited for "british" rock/hard rock sounds, mostly because they've been used in Marshall amps (6L6s by Mesa Boogie, Peavey and Soldano, instead).

Hope it is a little more clear for not-guitarists :)

I cannot believe how good this thing sounds - and feels - to play through. I've played through Revalver, Guitar Rigs 3-5, Amplitube... hell all of them, I've tried them. This is better not by a small amount, but by light years. Every amp sim I've played through sucks above the 12th fret on the high E string, has no sustain, unless shitloads of gain are added, then it's just a horrible noisefest. NOT so with Emissary.

Running it through Recabinet 3.5 right now. I also have a Mesa Mark V, which I adore, but... this sim is destroying it for rhythm parts Nothing touches a Mark V in Mark 1 mode for leads yet, but wow this is close.

Sweet - THANK YOU

yeah this is an instant fav. thanks!

Hey, Federico, how's it going, mate! A long time fan chiming in here. Any plans to share? Been using and enjoying most of your plug-ins ever since TS-999 got out, still in my chains. Thumbs up, hats off, looking forward to some new stuff!
Gratefully yours...:)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”