Xenobioz Lucid updated to 1.01

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lucid

Thanks! I tried loading it a few times. It was silent only in the beginning until the CPU went down, then the sound came on.
Does it stay silent only sometimes and the sound does not even come back after CPU drops, or every time on your computer?

I can't do anything about it staying silent in the beginning unfortunately, you just have to wait till CPU drops down. You can watch the cpu meter in FL to see when it happens. Sometimes it will sound before the cpu settles down, but it might stutter if it takes too much CPU on your system.

I see what you mean about giving it a second. Sometimes it does start to work after a minute. Sometimes dragging the same .fst a few times will make it catch. But most of the time it stays muted unless I click through a bunch of presets until it catches. And once it catches, I can go back to the presets that did not work at first, and they will work.
I am testing it out in a blank project on an i7, Win7, x64 machine, so it should be able to handle it, but it seems like sometimes its just stuck.

It is a nice synth but basically its just kind of unpredictable when loading in FL. And without at least being able to reliably reload my own settings via an .fst using it in a project is a bit dubious.
ImageImageImageImage

It shouldn't be CPU then I guess since your machine is a lot more powerful than mine.
Here the .fst sounds instantly, all though it changes preset itself from the first preset "Divinity" to the "BS Automatic" which is Alphabetically first. Same thing happens with the flp file.

Have you tried any other of my VSTIs if they have the same problem. It would be interesting to know if Kruudster works fine.
Lucid has a many new custom modules of which some are made by myself so they could be the problem. I already removed one before because I couldn't get it working. Everytime I though I fixed it, the bug came back...

I just kicked Kruudster around and it seems to reload and recall just fine.
(Hadnt tried it before. It also has a nice sound. Great presets also!)

I discovered something new though;
I open the FL project with Lucid in it, Lucid is silent.
I drag/drop my .fst over top of the Lucid channel, but 9/10 times it stays silent.
BUT, if I drag/drop the .fst while the Lucid pattern is actually playing, it catches on the next note every time. Repeated it a bunch of times now.
Dropping while playing is usually asking for a crash/glitch, but it seems to be a reliable method so far...
Definitely weird behavior.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:But most of the time it stays muted unless I click through a bunch of presets until it catches. And once it catches, I can go back to the presets that did not work at first, and they will work.
That's exactly how it behaves on my machine as well.

Yup I've tested all the other synths and had no such issue (which is kind of why I was so puzzled about it) :)

Maybe it's a FL Studio compatibility related issue...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Thanks for the info guys. I've made a test version which you can try to see if you still have the same problem.
Lucid Test Version only

You can delete the Lucid subfolder which contains all the SE modules. I uploaded only the DLL so you should keep everything else. If it works with this version, then I will know what the problem is.

Cool thanks!
I will check it out.
ImageImageImageImage

With the new version I get these results:

- if the pattern is not already playing, once you load Lucid, it's still silent (Lucid). However, if you reupload it quickly Lucid) it starts putting out sound.

- if the pattern is already playing, Lucid is putting out sound right away, no silent pause.

- once one Lucid instance is making sound, any extra instance added will put out sound right away.

So there's still the issue of not playing sound if the midi pattern was not aleady running...
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

OK, here is another version you can try.

Lucid test2

I doubt it will work better but I don't know what else to try. If it still doesn't work there are a few more things I can try to change.

Yup, no difference. It's like the synth is working based on the state of the pattern when it's loaded: if the pattern is already playing, the synth will put out sound right away; if it doesn't play before loading Lucid, it won't make any sound until you shuffle between the presets for a while (sometimes up to 25 - 30 seconds).

Here is one more test.
Lucid test 4

Again just a wild guess. One other thing different between Kruudster and Lucid is that I installed SE 1.2 when releasing the last version of Lucid, but it's still made with the 1.1.
I hade to repair my 1.1 install though after installing 1.2.

Same issue :(

idfpower wrote:Same issue :(
I guessed so too. It would be a bit faster to test if I would have exactly the same problem on my computer.
On the .fst I get sound immediately when playing on my computer keyobard, the cpu doesn't even max out in the beginning.
On the flp the cpu maxes out in the beginning when if i play with the computer keyboard it will make sound, but if I play the track then it's silent till the CPU goes down.

I'll see if I can come up with any ideas.

That's the thing: the CPU NEVER goes up when it doesn't put out any sound - if I pick the same preset both when it's silent and when putting out sound, the CPU load is exactly the same. That's what puzzled me: it looks like it's working just fine - except that it doesn't make any sound. The only difference between making a sound right away and waiting for a good ammount of time is pattern/sequence/whatever playing BEFORE loading the plugin - then it works perfectly...

For the record: I'm working with MIDI patterns (scores) only.

Sounds like the plugin does not even start something.
Unfortunately I don't know much about FL. Is the fst. used to be dragged over an existing pattern to replace the current VSTI with it?
I did like that one time and then Lucid did not seem to work. It was just silent until I played on my keyboard. But I could not replicate that later. Later it always started to play after a little while.
I'm sorry I can't get it to work for you guys. :-?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”