Acrobatics Mate feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like this a lot, but why must the GUI be so small, it's impossible to read the labels in the GUI without being only 10 cm away from the screen.

Making the GUI 50-80% bigger or so would help alot.

Sounds lovely, very nice presets. It's a one stop retro sound machine

Numanoid wrote:Making the GUI 50-80% bigger or so would help alot.
may these can help Numanoid..

:wink:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Acrobat wrote:
Thanks, but I think I had already figured out the controls :wink:

I sit about 1 meter from my computer screen, and from that distance it is too small to read.

But anyhow, I like this plug a lot, think it must be inspired by something like the Arp Axxe ?

The LFO is capable of making some way out there sounds :D

Numanoid wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Thanks, but I think I had already figured out the controls :wink:

I sit about 1 meter from my computer screen, and from that distance it is too small to read.

But anyhow, I like this plug a lot, think it must be inspired by something like the Arp Axxe ?

The LFO is capable of making some way out there sounds :D
Yes, I pushed the LFO frequency way into the audio range as some synths of the past could do.
It is infact inspired by many models: mainly ARP Axxe, partially SH-101 and Pro-One: I just made a convenient mix of those and others from past and present. I am afraid it is against the rules of the challange to zoom by some percent and recompile but I can of course do it specially for you when the competion is ended. For now you can only use a lower screen resolution in Windows, I guess.
:wink:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

The GUI is definitively waaaaaaay too small and I don't think it's prohibited by the rules to make such a modification.

I would like to see larger labelling as a bigger gui would mean a real-life mouse manipulated slider action of about 6 inches here (152.4mm) which means lifting my hand up more, unless that action is addressed as well.

Great synth. I would also like it to have a bigger GUI too. :)
:tu: All is good

eidenk wrote:The GUI is definitively waaaaaaay too small and I don't think it's prohibited by the rules to make such a modification.
I thought only bugs are addressable... I mean I'm paying for a potentially wrong choice in GUI design, since I still use 1024 or 1280 pixel widths, I didn't realize some people use wider ones or long eyes-monitor distances. Anyway the GUI design philosophy was to keep it as compact as possible to chain and visualize together other effects like a delay, chorus or reverb unit, eventually a scope to see what we're synthesising... etc.. :pray: If it is really possible to address, I can recompile when I'm back to Rome around 18-19 of this month - a zoomed version. Lets discuss in the meantime. cheers

As far as I can see the rules is made to be broken. We all wear glasses and use 28" screens cos we is rool breakers.

Enjoying the synth more now I have cleaned my spectacles !

bob bobwood wrote:As far as I can see the rules is made to be broken. We all wear glasses and use 28" screens cos we is rool breakers.

Enjoying the synth more now I have cleaned my spectacles !
Ah ah OK !! I will call it "Mate MAX" !!! :tu:

i had a few discussions about this already, there is also one here about a too big GUI which is not shown complitely on a 15" laptop...

people who use the plugins also for their live performances with small laptops need small and compact GUI's which i personally prefer too, while in the studio with 3 20" monitors it needs to be as big as possible, this makes it a bit complicated to make all happy with the right size,

but specially the labelling is also hard to read on my 15" laptop, anyway i think this shouldn't affect the voting after this is a really neat plugin.

This has got my 5 vote, a great synth with some excellent sounds :tu:

Really digging the hidden features when you click on the logo :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

nubeat7 wrote:people who use the plugins also ... with small laptops need small and compact GUI's
No, the problem is the same then

It's not the size of the screen that matters, but the resolution.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”