Blewm entry talk (no Ted Nugents allowed)

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nr1killabee wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:
nr1killabee wrote:You can record it into your DAW if you have a soundcard with different outputs.
You can record it into your DAW with some recorder plugins as well, like the old reliable 'TapeIt'.
How do you handle this when tapeIt records everything between the input and output "IN" your DAW and Blewm is standalone?
Excellent point. I spaced on that!

But you can ofcourse record it with a simple recordersoftware and load the result in your DAW.

I like putting this on while I'm doing non music related work

I'm hoping it's a precursor to a more controllable xoxos generative music environment? That would be cooool

xoxos gives me hope for the human race. Thank you for your courage, rurik!

nr1killabee wrote:But you can ofcourse record it with a simple recordersoftware and load the result in your DAW.
Which one do you use?

The easiest way for me to record it goes like this:

Play Blewm with your internal soundcard.
Connect the internal headphone output to your external soundcard.
Make a stereo input track in your DAW and record.

nr1killabee wrote:The easiest way for me to record it goes like this:

Play Blewm with your internal soundcard.
Connect the internal headphone output to your external soundcards' input.
Make a stereo input track in your DAW and record.

the home ed. of XP offers line out as an input choice (analog tho). the mm ed. (and perhaps others) does not.. :/

"news"
forgot to put 'g' on the notes, shuts off the animation.

found a "bug"! saw a snare sample that had a fairly high amplitude at nyquist.. i'm aware of how it could occur and it's an occasional thing, it's also not a significant issue as it's kinda loud for the timbre but not evil wrong loud, so i'll sit on it for a mo.

for consideration... i'm not a good person to do business as my ambitions are not often contiguous, but when i think about this stuff and it's potential, what i think is it would benefit from insight. i am glad that i could field something crudely timbrally satisfying that performs on a single 1.6g core, yet..

my musical affinity is no big deal, i find techniques of soliciting attention to be distasteful, so my music often lacks the sensational density others apply.. i'd not produce house as this would be ingenuine, my energy is elsewhere. someone accustomed to these techniques would i expect benefit from some period of consideration to apply their knowledge to algorithmic process, say a couple of years of practical rumination. of course the process may have many points of consideration for a professional musician/hominid et c.

barriers include, things like this being no big deal, my preference to facilitate rather than gain wealth, commercial reservations, stuff. compatability of outlook.. i think most people would consider me jaded as i prefer the natural world to music, where other people hear glory i hear aspirations i do not hold, et c. so i don't want to listen to people's tracks.

i am confident that a younger me observing this would certainly say "i've been interested in this for years, i'd love to work on this" but i'd suck, i'm interested in this and not the technique of fascination and so forth. it would be more appropriate to secure some evil asshole who is really good at making people buy their records. *or someone of comparable ability* :) eg. eric morabito was previously employed in this capacity, i think his generosity overflows from the more pocket style energy i'd like to blossom out. a real butcher.

i think i disfavour listening to electronic music so much at this point that i am not able to assess ability in others.. i need a couple of months without headphones atm..

so: have you sold over 100,000 records? are you distastefully famous and someone i'd be obliged to resent? think about it, babycakes ;)

*edit* i guess i ought to amend that so as not to sound like such a pecker.. i ought to start a thread for input welcoming ideas from anyone re: any direction.. eg. i'm not sure how pragmatic it would be as this model may not be taken further.. i'm sure many people have valid and appropriate ideas.. i'm looking to collab with an accomplished predator for one direction, but there are others that i think would benefit from discussion or cooperation.
Last edited by xoxos on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

What exactly are Ted Nugents? Can blewm be viewed full screen? Can the texts in blewm be made to disappear when in full screen?

I think I used the wrong volume normalizer (Audacity's) on this video. It's a lot quieter than the Maxwell Smart one by Lively Audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwg0ba-Xkk

Probably many ways to use blewm. For me, for now, only use is soundtrack generator for visuals and slideshows. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0V5XvkV8-Y

could one use http://www.wavosaur.com/streamosaur/ to record with?

harryupbabble wrote: ... only use is soundtrack generator for visuals and slideshows.
'only'?
You should see what some companies around here charge for doing much the same thing.
Send your entire life savings to xoxos - immediately!

Not something I can get much use out of, although I was happily playing with it for 20 mins or so the other day.

As a proof of concept kinda thing it's pretty cool.

Reminded me a little bit of another algorithmic-y type music generator I came across last year (or maybe a bit earlier, my sense of time is terrible!), where you'd add a bug-like thing which would then start wandering round making sounds and bouncing off other bugs and such. Had a very biological slant to the presentation. Included a tiny bit of interactivity, but not so much that you could call it a tool really.

Still....I've had so much stuff for free or cheap (u should check out Adze...does some interesting things to drums) that's come from xoxos's fertile brainpan that I won't complain when one is fun but not all that useful :)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

here's a note thing..

the bpm is accompanied by a floating point readout which indicates the rate of 16th notes per second, or in hertz for fancy people. it's an insidious scheme for objectifying state driving rates, alpha theta or whatever.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”