No disrespect, but..... what is missing on this year contest?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valerian_777 wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
idfpower wrote:I'm still waiting for a really nice synth to get released through DC, but that's just me :)
I guess for a really innovative synth (64 bit, too, without Synthedit or Flowstone), developers need much more time than some months, if not years...
DC 2012 was third place Kamioooka (64bit), a polyphonic Full-Modular synthesizer with patch cable system by g200kg.
Kamioooka was a great idea, unfortunately the developer disappeared and didn't develop it further. With some additional features (for example Kamioooka Pro) I would have even bought it...

Tricky-Loops wrote:I guess for a really innovative synth (64 bit, too, without Synthedit or Flowstone), developers need much more time than some months, if not years...
That may be true. But I'm not waiting for something really innovative/unheard of, just something very well done, with decent features, a nice GUI and moderate CPU hit. You know, something that would look like a completely finished product. And for once a synth that doesn't try to emulate X analogue unit - I don't care how utterly digital it sounds: I want a synth built around a powerful & versatile arp tailored for EDM music ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

We'll I don't want anything geared towards edm, so stop complaining and build your own synth if you can do better. I'm happy with the fx here and so are others. This thread is a whiners complaint that there is nothing good.

Get some money, and buy your retarded edm machine then.

I also want to thank the devs for participating.
Last edited by LimboLoves on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double post

LimboLoves wrote:We'll I don't want anything geared towards edm, so stop complaining and build your own synth if you can do better. I'm happy with the fx here and so are others. This thread is a whiners complaint that there is nothing good.

Get some money, and buy your retarded edm machine then.
Turn it down a notch, will ya? I've just expressed a personal wish. Your "opinion" is as good as mine, so stop acting like a forum troll, mkay? And btw: "retarded edm machine"? What is that? And what's wrong with EDM anyway? Who's the dude with the bad attitude, ey? :dog:
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I'm missing "Variety of Sound" submission this year.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

@jonas 78 and @ runbeerrun
thanks for your kind of words about my entry Rez3 glad you like it! :)
i`ve also posted a little video on youtube which shows how you can use it efficiently after i didn't have the time to do a manual on it

http://youtu.be/qzIXpK9UDBY

@ cable channel
sure you can get a lot of free or cheap 64 bit plugs around the web but i think this DC is not only about to get cool free plugs, its a platform for developers to say 'hello' and a place for users vote for them (say 'thanks') if they like their ideas (andmaybe motivate them to bring a 64 bit version ;)), if you just look for free and cheap 64bit plugs you are right, there are better places to get much more of them... and btw aren't vst plugins cheap anyway? you get nearly everything under or around 50 bucks, if they are more expensive just wait for the next sales time, isn't it strange that most of the people wouldn't spend much more then 50€ for a super cool unique plugin but they spend hundrets of € immediatly for a new adopted roland x0x plastic mass product without even thinking about.. the old software dilemma, but maybe this would be another philosophical discussion.

just also wanted to thank all the developers here for their passion and work, there are some really great plugs around here which would have all earned to win, much luck for all of you and keep up good work.

@nubeat:

Yeah it's not all about cheap or free plugins on my side either. I just have come to the conclusion that 32 bit bridged plugs make my system unstable and I decided to quit it for good. A few gems are allowed to stay on my disk, but I use them as rarely as possible, and I don't even test new 32 bit stuff because I am not going to use it anyway for stabilities sake.

A few plugs in DC14 got my interest, but I won't test them because they are 32 bit.

Would any of this years entries benefit from being x64?

:P
ImageImageImageImage

harharhar

you must be the god of humor

its true doe

edit:
Oop, the Kontakt entries I spose...
If we wanted to load all the samples a few times over...
ImageImageImageImage

I think there's a lot of really good entries

I suppose there's less entries that really excite me

But I will be using loads of these on a regular basis going forward

I wouldn't want to get dragged across the country for winning some freeware software contest.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I wouldn't want to get dragged across the country for winning some freeware software contest.
How about getting dragged across half of the planet? :D
My free VST guitar effects
www.soft-amp.com

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”