Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

.jon
KVRAF
 
5204 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 am KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

:party: :phones: :tu: :love:

I'm stoked to see this happen again, Dev Challenge is imho the best thing ever come out of KVR! Past years have resulted in great plugins from some of the hottest devs today, as this contest allows for experimentation with new and strange concepts without worrying too much about commercial success. While I still use at least one plugin from every past DC (how cool is that!), a big part of the fun was testing all the entries.

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2016/

The donation counter appears broken, I already chipped in :o let's get this rolling so the devs get motivated!

Let's make KVR great again :hug:
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
User avatar
SampleScience
KVRAF
 
3659 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:12 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry? If a mod that knows the answer can tell me via PM, it would really help me!

Otherwise, yeah, it's super exciting to see the KVR DC come back! I'm looking forward the upcoming entries, hopefully we'll get some cool new freebies and original plugins.
User avatar
Jorgeelalto
KVRist
 
278 posts since 31 May, 2015, from Madrid, Spain

Postby Jorgeelalto; Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:27 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Yes! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[url]7thpyramid.es[/url]
User avatar
ere2learn
KVRian
 
1262 posts since 3 May, 2014

Postby ere2learn; Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:48 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?



How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.


Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.
Debutante
KVRAF
 
2871 posts since 15 Jan, 2005, from Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Debutante; Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:49 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

IZZWIKID!!!! :band2:
User avatar
SampleScience
KVRAF
 
3659 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:49 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

ere2learn wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?



How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.


Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.


I saw that, but when I ad the entry there's no place to upload the actual plugin. Maybe it's when you ad it to the database there's another form with upload access (I guess).
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
20796 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:58 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

SampleScience wrote:
ere2learn wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?



How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.


Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.


I saw that, but when I ad the entry there's no place to upload the actual plugin. Maybe it's when you ad it to the database there's another form with upload access (I guess).

Not sure, but I think its up to the dev to host their own plugin.
User avatar
SampleScience
KVRAF
 
3659 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:00 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
SampleScience wrote:
ere2learn wrote:
SampleScience wrote:I'm going to participate for sure, but I wonder where I'm supposed to upload my entry?



How To Enter:

To enter you will need a KVR Developer Account [get one here - it's free]. If you already manage your products and submit news directly at KVR, you will already have one.


Access the Developer Control area and add your entry as a new product but remember to also set the KVRDC16 flag. Anything flagged as KVRDC16 will NOT be made live on KVR until the KVRDC16 go live date of December, 2016.


I saw that, but when I ad the entry there's no place to upload the actual plugin. Maybe it's when you ad it to the database there's another form with upload access (I guess).

Not sure, but I think its up to the dev to host their own plugin.


On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
20796 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:15 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

SampleScience wrote:On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).

No, you're correct. I just read this on the new product page of the Developer Dashboard:

"Ensure you choose the "2016" option from the drop-down list. This will mark this product as a KVRDC16 entry.

Files can be uploaded using the "Upload" buttons next to the appropriate OS Download fields - Please use the "Publicly Accessible Folder" options as the "Private Folder" option will only work for products available for sale in the KVR Marketplace.

Add the uploaded file(s) to the appropriate OS Direct Download field(s) using the appropriate "Add" button.

You can share the download link with your beta testers but please do not make it public or your entry will be disqualified."
User avatar
Turello
KVRAF
 
2976 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:33 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

I hope to see some (Maize Sampler Based) Acoustic Drums with multi out, some usefull Comp (with auto release), Parametric EQ or Channel Strip... Where's the braves? ;-)
User avatar
SampleScience
KVRAF
 
3659 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:11 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
SampleScience wrote:On the KVR DC page they say they'll host the files (unless I misread).

No, you're correct. I just read this on the new product page of the Developer Dashboard:

"Ensure you choose the "2016" option from the drop-down list. This will mark this product as a KVRDC16 entry.

Files can be uploaded using the "Upload" buttons next to the appropriate OS Download fields - Please use the "Publicly Accessible Folder" options as the "Private Folder" option will only work for products available for sale in the KVR Marketplace.

Add the uploaded file(s) to the appropriate OS Direct Download field(s) using the appropriate "Add" button.

You can share the download link with your beta testers but please do not make it public or your entry will be disqualified."


Cool! They just added that (it wasn't there at first). :)
.jon
KVRAF
 
5204 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Turello wrote:I hope to see some (Maize Sampler Based) Acoustic Drums with multi out, some usefull Comp (with auto release), Parametric EQ or Channel Strip... Where's the braves? ;-)


Channel strip in an actual vertical stip layout with foldable sections, frequency analyzer and loudness metering is still missing from this world :tu:

That said, I'm hoping for more leftfield, creative or special things in general than comps, EQs and analog emulation synths.
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
DSmolken
KVRian
 
1196 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from Poland

Postby DSmolken; Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

I'd like to enter with something we've been working on for a while, and can probably get done by the deadline if we delay working on some other stuff. But I'd like to get some clarification on the "no public development" rule - I've already mentioned this on a couple of other forums and Twitter, with no real specifics as to how it works (because there's also a non-disclosure agreement involved when it comes to that) and no audio previews, GUI shots or anything of that sort published yet. But I have described what we want to do, and also given vague progress reports and a few hints as to what kind of sounds it wil be capable of.

Is that OK, or have we already done something that would fall under public development and get disqualified?
camsr
KVRAF
 
6627 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Where's the semi-modular synths! It's okay I won't be disappointed if there are none.
Image
User avatar
Pytchblend
KVRist
 
462 posts since 4 Jul, 2011, from Manchester, UK

Postby Pytchblend; Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

camsr wrote:semi-modular

Ach - those are 10 a penny now :lol:

My favourite thing about the DC are the off-the-wall oddball plugins. I confess that I'm hoping someone will make a Voder emulation though :)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge Chat