KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

first off - congrats to the winners.

second - first 3 are exactly in the order i voted. to me that shows, that in the end it's the professionalism of the plugins that made them win - rather than the "it must be a groundbreaking new thing" approach - which i wholeheartedly welcome.

third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.
Nevertheless we've seen a 10% increase in the number of entries (DC14: 37 entries). :tu:

Chris-S wrote:
brok landers wrote:third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.
Nevertheless we've seen a 10% increase in the number of entries (DC14: 37 entries). :tu:
true. but only shows once more, that it is not the quantity, that counts. :wink:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Well maybe, it only takes one favourite entry, to make it one of the best DC ever.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I am a bit speechless as my Reaktor synth REFRACTOR made it in the Soundware category. I thought I´d never win so I am more than happy :)
Thanks to everyone who did vote or at least try my synth, thanks to everyone who participated in this contest and thanks to KVR!!!

Congrats noizy! I was delighted to see a Reaktor ensemble among the entries.

Ohhh, totally forgot about the free goodies! Must check them out!

First of all, congrats to Ulean, Ursa DSP and Musical Entropy for their winners! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Don't be so hard! Consider the relatively short period of time (we initially planned to join, too, but couldn't handle the workload over the DC period, despite, or maybe because of our "pro" infrastructure). These "modern standards" are really demanding, so I guess there's no other choice than making radical cuts here and there to hold the release date. Under normal circumstance, you'd simply build on previous work, or look around for more manpower and postpone the release. None were options here afaik.

I found several interesting concepts and thoughts among the entries. Cool stuff. I'm sure many products, winners in particular, will now be polished and extended extensively.
Last edited by FabienTDR on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Thanks a lot for the new skin, and expansion bank.

Based on the "how to do it" description, I managed to get it to work straight away.

Looks mighty fine :tu:

FabienTDR wrote:
Don't be so hard! Consider the relatively short period of time (we initially planned to join, too, but couldn't handle the workload over the DC period, despite, or maybe because of our "pro" infrastructure). These "modern standards" are really demanding, so I guess there's no other choice than making radical cuts here and there to hold the release date. Under normal circumstance, you'd simply build on previous work, or look around for more manpower and postpone the release. None were options here afaik.

I found several interesting concepts and thoughts among the entries. Cool stuff. I'm sure many products, winners in particular, will now be polished and extended extensively.
first off - a shame that you couldn't make it to enter. i'm sure that you would've raised the bar to quite some extend, maybe easily would've won - with a clear reason.
second - i don't mean it the hard way. it's just my honest subjective impression. nothing more...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

This was the best DC for me, Lagrange and Spaceship Delay both made their way into my permanent plugin selection. That's a 100% improvement to previous top year :)

Roth-Air is great! Nice and crispy.

Just got a little private e-mail from Ben telling me the identity of the KVR DC 16 wildcard prize winner :D

Ivan_C wrote:Just got a little private e-mail from Ben telling me the identity of the KVR DC 16 wildcard prize winner :D
Congratulations! :D

Thanks ! I hope you enjoyed your trip in LA ;)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”