Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

brok landers
KVRAF

6069 posts since 25 Sep, 2003, from right here, as you can see ...

Postby brok landers; Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:21 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

first off - congrats to the winners.

second - first 3 are exactly in the order i voted. to me that shows, that in the end it's the professionalism of the plugins that made them win - rather than the "it must be a groundbreaking new thing" approach - which i wholeheartedly welcome.

third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man
Chris-S
KVRAF

2075 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:03 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

brok landers wrote:third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.

Nevertheless we've seen a 10% increase in the number of entries (DC14: 37 entries). :tu:
brok landers
KVRAF

Postby brok landers; Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:15 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Chris-S wrote:
brok landers wrote:third - i must say, that i was quite underwhelmed buy this dc's entries. somehow i expected more (flame on, it's just my subjective feeling). i expected the development of plugins to evolve with the generally upped standard of quality over the time. imo in this dc they did not - hence the first 3 places won that way, since they're the only ones that kinda did that evolution.

Nevertheless we've seen a 10% increase in the number of entries (DC14: 37 entries). :tu:

true. but only shows once more, that it is not the quantity, that counts. :wink:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
harryupbabble
KVRian

1033 posts since 19 Mar, 2012, from Babbleon

Postby harryupbabble; Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Well maybe, it only takes one favourite entry, to make it one of the best DC ever.
Yeah, but can I be necked, can I be totally newed?
noizy
KVRist

30 posts since 21 Jan, 2005

Postby noizy; Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:04 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

I am a bit speechless as my Reaktor synth REFRACTOR made it in the Soundware category. I thought I´d never win so I am more than happy :)
Thanks to everyone who did vote or at least try my synth, thanks to everyone who participated in this contest and thanks to KVR!!!
.jon
KVRAF

5193 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:58 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Congrats noizy! I was delighted to see a Reaktor ensemble among the entries.
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
Barmaleus
KVRer

27 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Barmaleus; Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:51 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Ohhh, totally forgot about the free goodies! Must check them out!
FabienTDR
KVRian

866 posts since 23 Feb, 2012

Postby FabienTDR; Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:30 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

First of all, congrats to Ulean, Ursa DSP and Musical Entropy for their winners! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Don't be so hard! Consider the relatively short period of time (we initially planned to join, too, but couldn't handle the workload over the DC period, despite, or maybe because of our "pro" infrastructure). These "modern standards" are really demanding, so I guess there's no other choice than making radical cuts here and there to hold the release date. Under normal circumstance, you'd simply build on previous work, or look around for more manpower and postpone the release. None were options here afaik.

I found several interesting concepts and thoughts among the entries. Cool stuff. I'm sure many products, winners in particular, will now be polished and extended extensively.
Last edited by FabienTDR on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!
Numanoid
KVRAF

24267 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:38 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Thanks a lot for the new skin, and expansion bank.

Based on the "how to do it" description, I managed to get it to work straight away.

Looks mighty fine :tu:
brok landers
KVRAF

Postby brok landers; Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:13 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

FabienTDR wrote:

Don't be so hard! Consider the relatively short period of time (we initially planned to join, too, but couldn't handle the workload over the DC period, despite, or maybe because of our "pro" infrastructure). These "modern standards" are really demanding, so I guess there's no other choice than making radical cuts here and there to hold the release date. Under normal circumstance, you'd simply build on previous work, or look around for more manpower and postpone the release. None were options here afaik.

I found several interesting concepts and thoughts among the entries. Cool stuff. I'm sure many products, winners in particular, will now be polished and extended extensively.

first off - a shame that you couldn't make it to enter. i'm sure that you would've raised the bar to quite some extend, maybe easily would've won - with a clear reason.
second - i don't mean it the hard way. it's just my honest subjective impression. nothing more...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
.jon
KVRAF

5193 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:25 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

This was the best DC for me, Lagrange and Spaceship Delay both made their way into my permanent plugin selection. That's a 100% improvement to previous top year :)
Thanks KVR 2002-2017. Remember the music.
Soarer
KVRian

512 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:22 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Roth-Air is great! Nice and crispy.
Ivan_C
KVRian

1008 posts since 11 Aug, 2004, from Marcoussis, France

Postby Ivan_C; Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Just got a little private e-mail from Ben telling me the identity of the KVR DC 16 wildcard prize winner :D
Youlean
KVRist

124 posts since 11 May, 2016, from Serbia

Postby Youlean; Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:42 pm Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Ivan_C wrote:Just got a little private e-mail from Ben telling me the identity of the KVR DC 16 wildcard prize winner :D

Congratulations! :D
Ivan_C
KVRian

1008 posts since 11 Aug, 2004, from Marcoussis, France

Postby Ivan_C; Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:21 am Re: KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Thanks ! I hope you enjoyed your trip in LA ;)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge Chat