Lord of the Springs

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lord of the Springs

Thanks opoo, I had some feedback regarding your troubles from other winXP users, who have no problem running LotS. Naturally it's impossible to diagnose what might be missing on your machine, but just so you know, XP is not the problem.
I also wonder, if you run XP at 64bit or still 32bit?
Either way, it's fairly safe to say that there's something off in what's happening on your machines. What ever it is, it will eventually show to be trouble for more than just my little vsti. I wished, I could tell you more already, but thus far I can only give you some reassurance: There must be a solution and you may not have to wait until you upgrade!

Thanks for getting back to me on it and I wish you all the best, as well, and a Merry Christmas! :party:

Has anyone gotten this running under WINE?

fantastic synth!
original and just mindblowing.
any chance for a osx (mac) port? vst will be ok. no need for au if it's too hard...
thanks.

THANKS, wakax! I've got a thread for it here:
viewtopic.php?p=6885689#p6885689

But, yeah, there are a few challenges I still have with OSX, though, I've managed to compile some other vsts already. Still got to work out graphics and File I/O. So, yeah, eventually there will be a port! I will do my best.

Thanks again!

I love this synth and I'd love it more if it supported .tun files for the microtuning! I'd happily pay for that feature.

Thanks for all your hard work Taron.

AH, wow, never heard of that (*.tun). I will look it up for sure! 8-)
Thank you, mono! :hug:
...well, if I hook it up, just consider donating something, I'd be thrilled!
(Man, I'm starting to annoy myself with reaching my "hat" around, so to say, but in the meantime there ain't much more I can do for myself.) :shrug:

caonoize wrote:Has anyone gotten this running under WINE?
I tried to install it into VFX on a mac, which does most of these sort of plugs. But VFX will report an ID conflict. It does not seem to be unique...

That would be a rare hit?! :shock:
Does it have the courtesy to tell you which vsts are involved?

Oh embarassing, I just tested again, yours was not a conflicting ID, (I had some of those), it said "Not a VST plugin".
Something which is expected by wine is missing it seems...
Or both builds are 64-bit, I think VFX is only 32-bit

Nah, they are what the name says, either 64 bit (x64) or 32 bit (x86). I've just now tested it again and it's absolutely so! :shrug:
Make sure you don't have both versions present, if your software scans folders. There will be a conflict then. You have to choose one version to drop into your scanned folders!
This is a common mistake I've seen a bunch of times.

I'm using MuLab, where you don't scan folders, but pick your vsts yourself. I love that!

In VFX I pick it on import, and then it will be copied to the appropriate wine place. It simply refuses to import it.

Well, I just hope somebody with Wine comes along, who already had success with it and may have some advice?! At the same time, I far more hope that I'll soon get to handle mac compiles and that may bring me closer to linux compiles as well. :pray:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”