Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Lagrange (DC16)

Youlean
KVRist

145 posts since 11 May, 2016, from Serbia

Postby Youlean; Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:43 pm Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Perambulum wrote:
youlean wrote:Congratulations! Your plugin is really interesting! :D

Thankyou, congrats to you too. Enjoy NAMM and all the other shiny stuff.
Seriously though, you deserve it, too many companies have been making too much out of Loudness meters, it's great to finally have a compliant one that is freely available.

Dave

Thanks. Yes, companies where very greedy about loudness meters (300+$ for a plugin!), that's why I choose to make one. :D
c_voltage
KVRian

968 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:44 pm Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Perambulum Hi, thanks for interesting FX, really surprisingly good for free.
Sorry, else, just to make sure - you did not changed anything in sound\feedback engine between v08432 and v087 ? (just i liked the sound of 08432 version, but perhaps it's my paranoia)

Also, would be useful to see list of changes after each update (sorry for my requirements, but it just need sometimes)
AlienXXX
KVRist

124 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby AlienXXX; Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:32 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Hello

Just wanted to congratulate the developer at Ursa DSP.

This is a plugin that sounds like nothing I have heard before. I found it quite musical.

Since I often make ambient-like music, this is definitely a plugin that I will have a use for in my musical productions.

Thanks!
Perambulum
KVRer

19 posts since 28 Nov, 2016, from UK

Postby Perambulum; Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:30 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

c_voltage wrote:Perambulum Hi, thanks for interesting FX, really surprisingly good for free.
Sorry, else, just to make sure - you did not changed anything in sound\feedback engine between v08432 and v087 ? (just i liked the sound of 08432 version, but perhaps it's my paranoia)

Also, would be useful to see list of changes after each update (sorry for my requirements, but it just need sometimes)

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I certainly didn't intentionally change the sound! :)

There was one bug that affected ONLY the phaseoid and flangoid modes on some DAWs when you render. Basically, hidden away in those modes is a modulation that is based on a 1 Hz sin wave and it was oscilating based on real time not track position, thus when you were rendering at double speed it was only oscilating at 0.5Hz!

The other modes were identical thoughout, one thing to note though is that it is based on random variables. If you play it twice you get different performances. I used to be a bit against the idea of plugins doing things differently when you play back but spectrasonics' Steam engine changed my mind about that. I'm now a fan of the idea of plugins giving you performances.

If you have something that is still standing out to you please feel free to contact me via feedback@ursa.com or via the new website which is slowly going live as I figure that out.

HTH,
Dave
Perambulum
KVRer

Postby Perambulum; Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:38 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

AlienXXX wrote:Hello
This is a plugin that sounds like nothing I have heard before. I found it quite musical.
Since I often make ambient-like music, this is definitely a plugin that I will have a use for in my musical productions.
Thanks!

Hey AlienXXX,

Thanks, that's really nice of you to say.

I'm a big fan of ambient, somnolent and melodic drone music myself, as a result I can more or less promise that future plugins will have uses in those genres!

The history of it was an attempt to make something that had that paulstretch shimmer without the timestretch. Needless to say it didn't quite go that way (that version of the plugin is still in development) but i discovered a really nice feedback effect and made Lagrange to focus on a managed version of that (hence the limiters, etc...)

Please be sure to register on the mailing list, I've had a few setbacks getting hold of a mac to port the plugin, but I still intend to release some new stuff and the mac version soon.

And be sure to send me links to what you make, I've never had so many plays on my soundcloud as from the demo tracks for Lagrange, so I'll be looking to share some of that if I get demo tracks from other people!

Dave @ Ursa
https://ursadsp.com
c_voltage
KVRian

Postby c_voltage; Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:13 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Perambulum wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Perambulum Hi, thanks for interesting FX, really surprisingly good for free.

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
I certainly didn't intentionally change the sound! :)

There was one bug that affected ONLY the phaseoid and flangoid modes on some DAWs when you render. Basically, hidden away in those modes is a modulation that is based on a 1 Hz sin wave and it was oscilating based on real time not track position, thus when you were rendering at double speed it was only oscilating at 0.5Hz!

The other modes were identical thoughout, one thing to note though is that it is based on random variables. If you play it twice you get different performances. I used to be a bit against the idea of plugins doing things differently when you play back but spectrasonics' Steam engine changed my mind about that. I'm now a fan of the idea of plugins giving you performances.

If you have something that is still standing out to you please feel free to contact me via feedback@ursa.com or via the new website which is slowly going live as I figure that out.

HTH,
Dave

Hi, thanks for reply. Hmm, well yes, this suspicion was actually related with random mode (long feedback texture sound in random mode). Well, i still unsure how much it critical (or non important at all), need more compare. In any case thanks for info.
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2464 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Is there a manual for this thing? Plenty of controls, it's hard to deduce what they do.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
Perambulum
KVRer

Postby Perambulum; Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:53 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Is there a manual for this thing? Plenty of controls, it's hard to deduce what they do.

Hi DJ Warmonger,
The dynamic help at the bottom of the UI should give you some pointers.
Also, if you double click the controls they snap back to a 'safe' default that can be used as a starting point.

If you've got specific questions after that please leave them here I'll be happy to explain.

HTH,
Dave
Perambulum
KVRer

Postby Perambulum; Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

I'm happy to announce that version 0.93 is now live.
Which now includes mac support
Other changes include a preset system that is portable between mac and windows.
Get it free and read the full change log on the effect page

I'll give that some time for you guys to give it an early access once over before putting a mail blast out there.

I've had some help testing this from some big names in the industry, but for those of you with macs, if you could let me know it's working OK on your DAWs that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21364 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:31 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Thanks. Downloading now. :)
thomekk
KVRAF

2373 posts since 3 May, 2003, from Germany

Postby thomekk; Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:32 pm Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Thanks!
Will check it out soon :)
c_voltage
KVRian

Postby c_voltage; Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:09 pm Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Tried, cool, thanks (it seems sounds not worse than 08432).
Perambulum
KVRer

Postby Perambulum; Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 pm Re: Lagrange (DC16)

c_voltage wrote:Tried, cool, thanks (it seems sounds not worse than 08432).

'Not worse', hmm I'll take that. :)

The only sonic differences this time should be around a bug I fixed in the bypass limiter. If memory serves, it would have been partially blind to the right channel before this update.

The longer delays available will only afect the sound if you use them. The load code will adjust old save files to make sure there is no change to existing projects.

Let me know how you get on,
Dave
c_voltage
KVRian

Postby c_voltage; Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:56 am Re: Lagrange (DC16)

Perambulum wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Tried, cool, thanks (it seems sounds not worse than 08432).

'Not worse', hmm I'll take that. :)

The only sonic differences this time should be around a bug I fixed in the bypass limiter. If memory serves, it would have been partially blind to the right channel before this update.

The longer delays available will only afect the sound if you use them. The load code will adjust old save files to make sure there is no change to existing projects.

Let me know how you get on,
Dave

Dave ok thanks, well no, i sure that now all ok. (Just i tried a pair of my favorite presets made in 08432 and i satisfied how it sounds now, and yes they made with very long delay\feedback - imo most interesting side of this plugin.)
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to KVR Developer Challenge Chat