polyphonic aftertouch

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

does sylenth1 support polyphonic aftertouch ? i tried this with the demo and it seems only channel aftertouch messages are received...

cheers,
fab

No, it currently supports only channel aftertouch. I'll see if I can get polyphonic aftertouch in there too. Testing it may be a bit difficult though as my keyboard only does channel aftertouch ;)

Lennard wrote:No, it currently supports only channel aftertouch. I'll see if I can get polyphonic aftertouch in there too. Testing it may be a bit difficult though as my keyboard only does channel aftertouch ;)
hopefully you can sequence polyphonic aftertouch in your sequencer. cubase supports it. and let me tell you, you can do some cool things with polyphonic aftertouch, you don't need a keyboard.

Omg.. Thank you..Please let us know when it's done...I have a polyphonic keyboard that would enjoy it. 8)

you can get roland a50 at really fair prices these days. also, some the akai pads send poly AT and so does the bcr2000 knob controller.

i am thinking about taking part in the group buy, then i might be able to help out testing, too.

and here is the vapor ware luxury version of a polyAT keyboard

www.infiniteresponse.com

:love:

cheers,
f
Last edited by fas1piano on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

For reaper there's a little js plug that will convert ChanAT to PolyAT on the last key pressed.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... post260565

Btw, it would be nice to be able to apply any modulation (CC, chanAT, pitch-wheel,..) to a single note/voice (last played, lowest, highest,..).
I've never seen this implemented on any synth.

Another trick would be to apply the current modulation to each note after the other, like an arp.

Anyway, a couple of tricks could be generated by some midi plugs, but for that, polyAT has to be implemented, so +1 for polyAT.

Lennard wrote:I'll see if I can get polyphonic aftertouch in there too.
i joined the group buy and will be keeping my fingers crossed.

f

So this was from 7 years ago. Did polyphonic aftertouch make it in at some point? I was unsuccessful sending note expression to it when aftertouch was a modulator.

Ok so apparently polyAT is not in Sylenth1. Only channel pressure. Sooo many keyboards have poly pressure now, even little mobile ones like the QuNexus, K-Board and CME X-Key.
Plus you can write poly aftertouch key data into just about any DAW.

Shouldn't this be available in Sylenth1 by now after 7 years?

Return to “LennarDigital”