Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

running
- Win7 64bit
- Ableton 8.2 (32bit)
- Sylenth1 v2.202 (32bit)

I have a weird prob using the Distortion FX set to 'overdrive'
While tweaking the preset everything works fine. But if I close and load the song again I get HEAVY distortions on Sylenth1 instances using the Distortion FX set to 'overdrive'.
If i change it from overdrive to any other setting like 'foldback' it sounds ok. Changing back to 'overdrive' starts to distort really really heavy again.

btw: Sylenth1 seems to work fine on Cubase 5 32bit ..

Any ideas...?

experiencing the same behavior on some basslines i've done in my favourite go-to synth.

ended up having to switch to foldback distortion and use another distortion plug to get the sound i was after.

edit: should also say i'm on XP sp3 32bit, Ableton Live v8.2.2 and Sylenth1 v2.210

any ideas lennard? if it's something on ableton's side, we could get at them instead of bugging you..

I had it today in Ableton Live 8.2 (PC) too.. Destortion set to 'Clip' muted the output of Sylenth1 .. :-(
Happened after tweaking midi settings for controller in Ableton ...

:shock:

Actually I've already discussed the problem with TO via email and recommended to install v2.21b. This should fix the problem and it seems it did for him.

If anyone still has problems with this version, please let me know how to reproduce the problem step by step.

I'm still having this problem with Live 9.2. In addition to the previously mentioned issues, the use of the overdrive distortion effect causes Live's CPU meter to surpass 100% (~110-150%). I'm currently using Sylenth1 v2.21.

I don't know exactly how to reproduce this problem, but, as someone said a few posts ago, this only occurs whenever I'm opening a project file with Sylenth1 already in it with the overdrive distortion activated. The only way to fix the issue on our end is to delete the instance of Sylenth1 and load a new one on the track. Even if I save it as a preset and reload Sylenth with that preset, it still goes haywire. If it helps, I can try sending one of these broken sylenth presets.

It may just be due to the nature of the distortion that I'm getting such harsh sounds, but even then I don't think it's supposed to affect the CPU like it does.

Return to “LennarDigital”