[CLOSED] Please add microtuning support!

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please add microtuning support!
Either in the form of Scala file support, .TUN file, or simply by allowing to edit the pitches for each key in Sylenth1 itself in some way.
This is such an important (essential) feature for me and many others.
I don't care how it's done, as long as it allows me to play chords according to my own pitch settings for each note.

To explain more why this is important:
I personally tune to Pythagorean just intonation.
This has 2 advantages.
1) It improves the audio quality by removing the out of tune "haze" / phasing imposed upon the timbre of sounds in polyphony, which is always there when using 12tone equal temperament. (this is not a nice out of tune such as detuned unison, it's a amateurish cheap plastic grey mud boring sound that normal 12tet tuning gives, and it can greatly obscure timbre).
Tuning to Pythagorean improves the timbre and individuality of the voices greatly in polyphony, giving a better audio quality and improved mix.
Sylenth1 has a great sound, it deserves microtuning support so it can sound to its full potential.
2) Microtuning support allows new notes to be played that can't be played in 12tet standard tuning. For instance Fb - E# becomes E - F in 12tet, but in Pythagorean it doesn't, Fb - E# is a neutral second (right in between a minor and major second). Such tones are much used in arabic music, and not yet in the west due to practical limitations (but there is no reason why Sylenth1 would still have this limitation!)

So please incorporate microtuning support.
It's easy to do, and it will make Sylenth1 available to a whole new group of people who until now have not been able to use it due to lack of microtonal support.

Thank you! :)

+1, it is a very important feature.
It's easy if you know how

+1 for this feature
("\_(Î.Î)_/")

Reveal Sound Spire will have full microtuning support with version 1.1 coming out in May :)

Thanks!

I'll add this to the Ideabox. :)

Return to “LennarDigital”