Avicii - Sylenth Skin?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4damind wrote:I think that he owns a legal copy but used this ripped version only because of the skin.
I'd do that. And its pretty common practice with games as far as i know. Buy the original, then crack it cuz the annoying DRM (in some cases).

Probably more than one does the same thing to not to use the iLok and having official support n stuff.

In the case of sylenth, its not an excuse. It has a very easy solution for the license. No ilok or drm. Even if he wants to use a new skin, its the sylenth.dll that needs to be modded, and not the license. If he would have a license he would simply register it with the modded sylenth. But clearly thats not the case...

fisherKing wrote:i think sylenth1 is an amazing synth, AND amazingly ugly.
I think it's not ugly, GUI is amazingly good and retro.. :D
(and I don't like any of the new skins)

Shame on you avicii !
Last edited by sonicpowa on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

adamtrance wrote: But clearly thats not the case...
I dont understand why u're so sure that its pirated. How can you tell?

adamtrance wrote:If he would have a license he would simply register it with the modded sylenth. But clearly thats not the case...
Yes, this is true! But.. Hmm... He generates a living with his music, he has a known name, he makes videos about working with stuff... It would be hard to understand that he don't own a legal copy. But yes... Maybe...

sonicpowa wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i think sylenth1 is an amazing synth, AND amazingly ugly.
I think it's not ugly, GUI is amazingly good and retro.. :D
(and I don't like any of the new skins)

Shame on you avicii !
but that's just it: you like the look, some of us don't. would be nice to have at least an option or 2 (check out alchemy, or zebra, for example, my other 2 main synths).

if i could just kill the wood panelling... LOL...

Here is the appropriate excerpt of the Sylenth1 Software License Agreement:
2.5. You may not copy, decompile, attempt to discover the source code or resources, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Software in whole or part, including translation to another language, computer language or format. You may not attempt to unlock or bypass any copy- protection or authentication algorithm utilized by this Product. You may further not remove, hide or change any textual or graphical information like labels, copyright or license notices.

This "pros" using cracked software thing is interesting.

I wonder if Future Music (and other publications) have a policy on featuring the use of cracked software?

I would have thought the importance of supporting developers would not be lost on them.

Perhaps someone should ask them what their policy is?

"it's wrong for our readers to use cracked software, but it's fine for Mr Flavour-of-the-Month producer to use cracked software"

No one answered my question. HOW are so sure that the synth is cracked?

I mean, u ppl already said that you can register Sylenth1 even if you mod it for the new interface...

I heard there was Warez scene name in Sylenths registration label visible on the video...

FarleyCZ wrote:I heard there was Warez scene name in Sylenths registration label visible on the video...
Really a shame! This guy seems to be a role model for some younger musicians. He should act like that!

Cheers
Dennis

Yeah, but really. I found I'm just one year younger than him. I gave all my money and lot's of parents money to buying software. I could have invested to some sweet hardware instead, buy DJ decks or such ...

I really feel like massive idiot now. I don't want it, but can't resist feeling, that buying all that software was biggest mistake hobbywise I've ever done. :( I mean, if he's not caugh, who else could be?

I didnt saw anything like that in the vid...

Well, at least you didnt lied to yourself saying "If i start making money out of this i will buy everything"

Swedish House mafia aaaaaalso had a lil bit suspicious moment cuz they said "We had to download a plugin for that... i mean, buy it, buy it!" lol, the guilt talking.

Dunno, haven't got the mag, but from Anjuna beats forum: "I just saw the AVICII video with Future Music, and he openly uses a cracked version of Sylenth1. You can see the license showing "****TEAM VTX 2011****""

Yeah, but trough all these years... my god ... not even one of my friends understood why I was "wasting money" like that. I was the scared chicken of the class. I always believed that everyone will be scared about for example sending song made on warez software to the label. I always believed I do it "the right way" eventhough it seemd like wasteful madness to others. So instead of fun with APC's, DJ decks, I've stucked with few little damn expansive plugins trusting that this opinion pays off someday somehow.

And now what I see? Someguy same age who didn't give a f**k, made it to the top and nobody probably even asked him about this? Believe me I feel like really reeeeally massive idiot.

FarleyCZ wrote:Dunno, haven't got the mag, but from Anjuna beats forum: "I just saw the AVICII video with Future Music, and he openly uses a cracked version of Sylenth1. You can see the license showing "****TEAM VTX 2011****""

Yeah, but trough all these years... my god ... not even one of my friends understood why I was "wasting money" like that. I was the scared chicken of the class. I always believed that everyone will be scared about for example sending song made on warez software to the label. I always believed I do it "the right way" eventhough it seemd like wasteful madness to others. So instead of fun with APC's, DJ decks, I've stucked with few little damn expansive plugins trusting that this opinion pays off someday somehow.

And now what I see? Someguy same age who didn't give a f**k, made it to the top and nobody probably even asked him about this? Believe me I feel like really reeeeally massive idiot.
Well, now you know that beign on the top is not the same as beign the good dude, usually the guy/girl that makes it to "the top" is the one sticking it up the asses of the most ppl.

Still, its a matter of thinking, do you strive for beign good? Or for beign in the top? A lot of good ppl dont make it to the top and a lot of ppl in the top arent good ppl.

If you think you're on your way, then you shouldnt feel stupid at all i think. The only one that can make your desitions "pay off" after all its you, god isnt going to come down and give you a pat in the back, its you that must feel good while doing what you decided. You dont "validate" yourself and your desitions through others and their desitions, it never works like that.
Last edited by The Chubu on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “LennarDigital”