Sylenth1 64bit update to OSX???

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billcarroll wrote:
chk071 wrote:Probably. One should think the dutch guys stick together. :D
Armin is on Twitter suggesting a Kickstarter campaign to get a 64-bit version of Sylenth :)
LooooL

JUST RECEIVED THIS!

Hi,

Recently we receive a lot of questions about how to run Sylenth1 in 64bit hosts on OSX, such as the new Logic X and Ableton Live 9. We are still working on a 64bit version of Sylenth1 and we're hoping to get it done before the end of this year. Until then there are a few options to run Sylenth1 in these hosts. You can find an example walkthrough here:

http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pr ... ogic-pro-x

For Ableton Live it is recommended to use the 32bit version of Live to run Sylenth1. If you still need the 64bit version, you can use JBridge to run Sylenth1:

http://jstuff.wordpress.com

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Lennard

"We are still working on a 64bit version of Sylenth1 and we're hoping to get it done before the end of this year."
For a guy who's post made Jan 2012 which insists Sylenth hasn't been abandoned, states 'in fact' that they're working on updates at that time.. He sure hasn't made much progress in the world of 64bit for OSX.

Seems odd given how talented of a programmer Lennard is.. Unless he's just been twiddling his thumbs.

cotdagoo wrote:
"We are still working on a 64bit version of Sylenth1 and we're hoping to get it done before the end of this year."
For a guy who's post made Jan 2012 which insists Sylenth hasn't been abandoned, states 'in fact' that they're working on updates at that time.. He sure hasn't made much progress in the world of 64bit for OSX.

Seems odd given how talented of a programmer Lennard is.. Unless he's just been twiddling his thumbs.

Maybe you should offer Lennard free coaching on how to program one of the most popular synths ever created? Give him some timeframes that seem realistic to you based on your deep experience programming synths?

Oh heck, why not just code up your own award winning synth and sell it?

Should be easy ....

An official posting from the LennarDigital website....

Recently we receive a lot of questions about how to run Sylenth1 in 64bit hosts on OSX, such as the new Logic X and Ableton Live 9. We are still working on a 64bit version of Sylenth1 and we're hoping to get it done before the end of this year. Until then there are a few options to run Sylenth1 in these hosts. You can find an example walkthrough here.

For Ableton Live it is recommended to use the 32bit version of Live to run Sylenth1. If you still need the 64bit version, you can use JBridge to run Sylenth1.

http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/home/

case closed!
Go and check out www.jadorehousemusic.com

Now what will everyone complain about?

Is it ready yet .. how bout now?

billcarroll wrote:Now what will everyone complain about?

Is it ready yet .. how bout now?
LOLLL
Go and check out www.jadorehousemusic.com

billcarroll wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:

Maybe you should offer Lennard free coaching on how to program one of the most popular synths ever created? Give him some timeframes that seem realistic to you based on your deep experience programming synths?

Should be easy ....
I don't feel he needs coaching.. just some prodding with a stick maybe.. Clearly he's a skilled programmer, perfectly capable of bringing OSX to 64bits since the time Windows users had it available, let alone end of this year I'm quite sure of.

I just don't feel he had the proper motivation until now, despite his claims on continuous development.. While it is certainly nice (his website hasn't been updated in a while before now), it's almost too late, and certainly sad it's taken this long to shake him from his slumber of silence.

Regarding the "code your own" rhetoric.. right, of course! :roll: Zzzzzzzz....

edit: just look at the dates of the Sylenth releases on http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/home/

Little over a year for Sylenth1 to jump to Sylenth1 2.0, few months after that x64 for Windows is released.. in 2008.. just saying.. that's a lot of years to get a OSX 64bit version when the Windows version has been available.

cotdagoo wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:

Should be easy ....
I don't feel he needs coaching.. just some prodding with a stick maybe.. Clearly he's a skilled programmer, perfectly capable of bringing OSX to 64bits since the time Windows users had it available, let alone end of this year I'm quite sure of.

I just don't feel he had the proper motivation until now, despite his claims on continuous development.. While it is certainly nice (his website hasn't been updated in a while before now), it's almost too late, and certainly sad it's taken this long to shake him from his slumber of silence.

Regarding the "code your own" rhetoric.. right, of course! :roll: Zzzzzzzz....

edit: just look at the dates of the Sylenth releases on http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/home/

Little over a year for Sylenth1 to jump to Sylenth1 2.0, few months after that x64 for Windows is released.. in 2008.. just saying.. that's a lot of years to get a OSX 64bit version when the Windows version has been available.
Clearly I was being an a$$. I'll take full credit for my poor behavior.

I just don't think Lennard owes anyone anything. He made a great Synth. Clearly many of us really want a 64-bit version, but he doesn't owe us anything.

Thanks Lennard, at least now we know that something is in the works.
:D

elipsis1 wrote:Thanks Lennard, at least now we know that something is in the works.
:D
/sarcasm
He will eventually run out of coconuts one day.
/sarcasm

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I wanted to check with @Lennard if the 64-bit version is still on pace for completion in 2013.

I use Jbridem with Ableton 9 and Maschine, but I get constant issues like crashing, or weird preset recall behaviors when I load up a saved project with Sylenth1 in it. I love the synth, but it's the biggest trouble maker out my entire music setup.

Anyways, just wanted to check my expectations/excitement.

Cheers,
J

Perhaps he is making a killer synth and in recluse. Or maybe has a crack habit and struggles and sometimes pawns his cpu then has to login at various internet cafe's across the EU and gets a bad rep for lack of support?

who knows,one thing is for sure, everybody loves his synth!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I am waiting
#PassionForHappiness

I know I am going to cop some crap for writing this but I feel like letting out what I feel needs to be done.

I am honestly getting pretty fed up with lazy Lennard, the developer who has done nothing but give crap answers via email (if you are even lucky to get a reply unless its about a sale) and let this fabulous synth sit and idle for something like 3 years (no major upgrades or features added)?

Considering the extremely loyal fan base there is for Sylenth1 I feel he has somewhat cheated users into something of which is rightfully theirs. Why was a 64bit AU/VST version for OSX not in the works when 64bit Windows was released? Why does Lennard not keep us updated on progress throughout his works? When will the customers of who rightfully pay his wages learn something about a product THEY paid for? It's beyond a joke really..

I know for a fact I've given Sylenth1 away until Lennard decides he actually gives a crap about his loyal customers because it can be clearly seen the people who have made his work what it is today don't mean much at all over the past few years.

He should take a page from Urs at u-he's book. I don't even own any of his synths and I have received more advice, support and news even from using demo versions. Every developer should take a page from Urs really..

Return to “LennarDigital”