Sylenth1 64bit update to OSX???

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C-note wrote:Sylenth runs just fine in 64bit Cubase 7. I'm thrilled I don't have to give up Sylenth on OS X ! Also thankfully, all my many Sylenth sound banks work. But c'mon Lennard, humor us with some Sylenth MAC c code will ya?
do they have a beta of the 64 bit mac os version?

I've always wanted to buy sylenth. Maybe it will be my next synth, but I'd really prefer it to be 64 bit.

dw

dusted william wrote:
C-note wrote:Sylenth runs just fine in 64bit Cubase 7. I'm thrilled I don't have to give up Sylenth on OS X ! Also thankfully, all my many Sylenth sound banks work. But c'mon Lennard, humor us with some Sylenth MAC c code will ya?

I've always wanted to buy sylenth. Maybe it will be my next synth, but I'd really prefer it to be 64 bit.

dw
Nope, no beta for a 64-bit Mac AU or VST version and no word from Lennard as to whether or not he has plans for one. It's a good synth, but I wouldn't be recommending anyone buy it until Lennard starts communicating with his customers, especially at the current price point.

I got a couple of enjoyable years out of it and bought it back when development was active.

too bad he just dropped it like he did.

dw

I emailed lennard a few months back and he said its in development, so i guess he is working on it. :roll:
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

telogic wrote:I emailed lennard a few months back and he said its in development, so i guess he is working on it. :roll:
i'd ask for proof.. heard the same story for years, and seen NOTHING of all this 'development'

telogic wrote:I emailed lennard a few months back and he said its in development, so i guess he is working on it. :roll:
I'm impressed you actually got a reply. He is ignoring all emails requesting info on 64-bit Mac versions these days...

dusted william wrote:

dw
As said, no beta that I know of and I hear that the Logic 32 bit bridge is a little wonky, though I don't use Logic anymore. I can't defend Lennard's lack of response on the future development of Sylenth, as we all know that plenty of other devs have made the transition to 64 bit on OS-X. Also the "He's working on it" response doesn't fly for me either as Lennard is one of the most talented DSP programmers around and...I have to think that if he really had the Mac 64 bit version as a priority it would have been completed long ago.

So, if he is not answering simple product roadmap questions, (and I didn't already own Sylenth) I might think twice about purchasing. On the other hand, from my perspective, there is still nothing that has all the things going for it that Sylenth does, namely Sound, the most Soundbanks available of all Vi's and ease of use. If I had to use logic or 64 bit DP on Mac I might think differently but as I said, 64 bit Cubase handles Sylenth just fine. In fact I am finding Cubase 7 to work at least as well on Mac as PC.

Cheers,

C

I really wish there were news or a 64bit beta for Mac :(

Even Zeta2 by cakewalk is available... And they always champion windows.

:(

Even Korg Legacy got a 64bit update, wasn't expecting that.

I am running 64 bit Ableton Live 9 on Mac osx 10.8.3 with Jbridge for Mac osx Demo and Sylenth 1 demo(32 bit) and they are working perfectly so far. I might pick up Sylenth 1 now that there is a way to run it on 64 bit DAW. Do any mac users have a full version of Sylenth 1 to test this out with Jbridge for mac . The Demo is at http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/ . Let us know if it works. I want to pick it up , and right now I am only 85% sure I will. P.S. I just saw Giuseppe Ottaviani play Live and I can tell you he used this synth for almost every track he played (and was running 2 Mac powerbooks). Amazingly big sound.

paulmatthew wrote:I am running 64 bit Ableton Live 9 on Mac osx 10.8.3 with Jbridge for Mac osx Demo and Sylenth 1 demo(32 bit) and they are working perfectly so far. I might pick up Sylenth 1 now that there is a way to run it on 64 bit DAW. Do any mac users have a full version of Sylenth 1 to test this out with Jbridge for mac . The Demo is at http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/ . Let us know if it works. I want to pick it up , and right now I am only 85% sure I will. P.S. I just saw Giuseppe Ottaviani play Live and I can tell you he used this synth for almost every track he played (and was running 2 Mac powerbooks). Amazingly big sound.
Yes the sound of Sylenth1 is very hard to beat, actually as far as softsynths go it still may be unbeaten.

If only Mac 64 bit support was offered it at least could be considered current...

I'm trying to be patient but it is very hard... Maybe I should contact support to see if there is any ETA or plans to support osx 64bit?

I do see several posts that "64bit Mac support is in development" so I guess I will try and be patient...

I would really love to know this as well. I dont want to see any other features implemented other than giving us mac users the option of 64 bit.

I am taking a wild guess here and saying Lennard wont let us know if he has plans for OSX because maybe he doesnt? In saying this he might not want to tell us incase he loses future potential customers thinking development has stopped. Seems a little greedy to me for the price you pay of Sylenth1.

Don't get me wrong I am not mouthing him off but it would really go a long way to let his valued users who love his synth to know what is going on. Might I add once again his synth received #1 on the polls, maybe its time somebody with time or a company bought Sylenth1 to let it grow?

i've been asking for this for a long time now, and have given up. S1 works well enough with the 32bit bridge in logic (which crashes occasionally). but seems like NOTHING is coming; no 64bit mac plug, nothing.

shame...it's still one of my fave synths...

How to alienate your user base and disappoint the people who support you, 101: The Lennar Digital story.

Seriously, for a synth that frequently wins #1 "best software instrument" polls every year, the actual support for this thing is pathetic. U-He and Camel would never just ignore their users in this manner. At the very least they'd communicate something, anything, to their loyal user base. Evidently all Lennar Digital cares is that we paid him once; after that, f-- off, it seems.

I'm using it via J-Bridge in 64 bit Ableton Live (mac, obviously) and it's a total PITA, including consistent crashes due to J-bridge instability.

And yet, it's such a fantastic instrument, I just can't bring myself to replace it entirely...Yet.

Return to “LennarDigital”