Sylenth1 64bit update to OSX???

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sylenth1 is dead, check out spire development :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Sylenth1 is dead, check out spire development :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Oh perfect, link to another synth that is not available for Mac as 64bit.

wow, huge thanks. Now maybe read the title of this thread again, champ.

Well maybe you should read the thread he linked to more carefully: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#5372419 ;) He's talking about the MacOS version when he says that they already have a 64-bit version ready there btw.

Vertigo2006 wrote:C'mon Lennart Digital.
Where is the OSX support??
This is my last (and the best) synth without 64 bit support.
How many osx user is over there... and begging You?

Please!!!

V

chk071 wrote:Well maybe you should read the thread he linked to more carefully: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#5372419 ;) He's talking about the MacOS version when he says that they already have a 64-bit version ready there btw.
Yeah I can read just fine --

Can I download a 64 bit MAC version of Spire today and replace sylenth? No, I can't, because it's not available in 64 bit.

Yes, the thread states it will be available in the future -- does that help me? Not in the least. Waiting around for updates, hmm, sounds familiar, no?

So, should I ditch Sylenth due to it lacking 64 bit support to purchase a synth that currently does not have 64 bit support?

seriously, do I really need to answer that question?

Now ket's be serious..

sylenth beta on mac is broken.. completely. It is absolutely and utterly unusable in logic whether 32 bit or 64 bit, in anything above snow leopard (and in snow leopard it is bad as well)

IT has mega graphics pauses, stuck notes, etc. It's a nightmare.

The NON beta works fine.. but since the beta works for windows users it would have been nice if he at least fixed THAT version for mac users.. I mean.. come ON!

The BIG deal is the soundbanks. 85% of all available use the beta and 75% of those devs have not converted them to work in the mac stable version.

SYLENTH on mac is a DEAD END. I am in love with the synth just as much as anyone else believe me and i still twitch with my finger on the re buy button even today..

Spire uses WAY too much CPU to even b e replacement but if they fix that and release the 64 but as publicly promised , but furthermore, if the sound guys actually take it seriously.. nothing ever got the designer attention sylenth did.. ever.. and if for some reason spire can do it, then it will be an 100% replacement. It actually sounds better in the low end too. Oh, until there is an arp and step sequencer,of course it's not a replacement either.

mholloway wrote: So, should I ditch Sylenth due to it lacking 64 bit support to purchase a synth that currently does not have 64 bit support?

seriously, do I really need to answer that question?
Oh well, if you just want to release some steam that's fine too. Don't expect people to suggest some good alternatives then though. :shrug:

mholloway wrote: Can I download a 64 bit MAC version of Spire today and replace sylenth? No, I can't, because it's not available in 64 bit.
You can today

The easiest thing to do is to move away from Apple.
I did it and the world is no longer the same.
User since the very first MAC.
It worked well for me.
:D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Read that too many times and its not an answer. Code logic for windows or something exactly like it and I will. !

TheoM wrote:Read that too many times and its not an answer. Code logic for windows or something exactly like it and I will. !
Definitely it was an answer for me and maybe it can be for someone else as well.
I don't own logic but I did try it recently but it's not for me. For me using a Mac was like living on an island. No thanks.

I need to play, and it's already a challenge in today's world. And on top of it we need to beg to have something ported to a MAC just because we like to think different? I did think different and that's why I moved to the open world of Windows. It's not perfect but it's vast.

You seem to know your thing quite well Theo as I read from your posts. I respect that. I'm different.
I am the goal. Not the tool.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

i don't feel on an island at all.. being genuine here.. the choice is still staggering.. so.. syletnh? that's lennard's loss, really.

liquidsound wrote:[
I don't own logic but I did try it recently but it's not for me. For me using a Mac was like living on an island. No thanks.

I need to play, and it's already a challenge in today's world. And on top of it we need to beg to have something ported to a MAC just because we like to think different? ]
Most worthwhile softsynths, effects and even DAWs are cross platform. The two most glaring exceptions I can think of (other than SynthEdit stuff) are FL Studio and Cakewalk Sonar. What developers have you been begging to?

(EDIT: Sylenth? Don't hold your breath. Plenty of worthwhile alternatives at its price point.)

If you look at the list in my signature, that's a partial list of the software I use, including 4 DAWs and dozens of softsynths and effects from some of the best developers in the business. It's hardly an island, and it merits mentioning industry standard DAWs like Pro Tools were on the Mac long before the PC - in the case of Pro Tools, a full 8 years.

At the end of the day, the computer is just a tool, nothing more. Use what you like. With that said, I'll reiterate the Mac platform is far from an island.
Last edited by noiseprovesnothing on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

TheoM wrote:Read that too many times and its not an answer. Code logic for windows or something exactly like it and I will. !

It's called Cubase :wink:

tehlord wrote:

It's called Cubase :wink:
Nah, Cubase's interface isn't nearly as cryptic, and they had the sense to put in a drum editor. ;)
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

Return to “LennarDigital”