Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

So I just installed Windows 8 x64 on my PC two days ago and there's a problem with my version of Sylenth1, which worked absolutely fine on Win7. Registration with the license file seems to be successful but I always get that "Thank you for trying this demo" sound after a while. I already wrote a mail to Lennar but I have not recieved an answer yet.
Many people seem to have that problem. Is it a Windows 8 issue and how can I fix it?

Cheers

Hey mate, I'm running Windows 8 too and Sylenth1 appears to be OK for me in Cubase 6.5.

Be sure to start Cubase as Administrator and try again.

Let me know how you go :)

soundpalace wrote:Hey mate, I'm running Windows 8 too and Sylenth1 appears to be OK for me in Cubase 6.5.

I'm running my DAW with administrator privileges. Tried with Cubase 6 and Ableton. No success so far. Are you using Win8 x64?
What else could be the problem?

Cheers

nex300 wrote:
soundpalace wrote:Hey mate, I'm running Windows 8 too and Sylenth1 appears to be OK for me in Cubase 6.5.

I'm running my DAW with administrator privileges. Tried with Cubase 6 and Ableton. No success so far. Are you using Win8 x64?

Cheers
Hey buddy, here's my current setup;

Windows 8 x64 Pro RTM (via MSDN)
Cubase 6.5 x64
Sylenth1 2.21 beta x64 (latest version)

Be sure you are using the full version and not the demo version.

I'm honestly not sure what else could be the issue to be honest. If you're hearing the robot say that you're running the demo version, then perhaps you have installed the demo instead of the full version.

soundpalace wrote:
nex300 wrote:

Cheers

Cubase 6.5 x64

I'm honestly not sure what else could be the issue to be honest. If you're hearing the robot say that you're running the demo version, then perhaps you have installed the demo instead of the full version.
I'm running the x86 version of Cubase/Ableton and Sylenth1. Maybe it's that?

nex300 wrote:
soundpalace wrote:
nex300 wrote:

Cheers

Cubase 6.5 x64

I'm running the x86 version of Cubase/Ableton and Sylenth1. Maybe it's that?
Ahh, well I can't really confirm that the x32 version works as I haven't tried it since installing Windows 8.

Be sure to try the beta version too.

known issue

Lennard won't reply to 'known issues' so good luck with this. Hopefully this is the push needed so Sylenth1 finally gets the update we've all been waiting for ;)

I highly doubt this simple issue will be fixed anytime soon. Lennard honestly doesn't really give a shit about supporting his costumers. Update might take another year or two, like with the other updates before.

Sent him a mail describing the problem. Hope he fixes this, cause i've bought the sylenth1 some hours before.

Will inform, if i get some reactions.

Same problem here.

Installed Windows 8 on Friday, Sylenth1 giving me the

"Thank you for trying this demo" message...

Uninstalled it and deleted left over folder in Program Files.

Installed a fresh,

applied license - Same problem.

It's obviously not compatible with Windows

Using FL Studio 10 - again bought and licensed.

Even uninstalled FL and installed afresh today because that's been causing problems, still I'm getting random crashes.

ddcool, you won't get any response. His support is HORRIBLE. He doesn't respond to any eMail. From what I experienced, he doesn't care about his costumers at all. Expect a fix for this in a few years, like with every other update.
Gosh, I wish I wouldn't have blown so much money on that product.

Bad to hear that, but a good news for me. If he wont respond in a couple of days and get a bugfix, i will cancel my payment.

I wont give him my money, if he is not supporting us. And a statement in this thread would inform all of us about the progress on fix or whatever.
But no reply is like deny all support and only taking money.

So Lennard I believe you read this and just laughed a few times.
If you want to have customers in future, you should support your customers and this includes responses on requests (mail, forum, etc.).

I wrote you via mail, forum and on your facebook page. So i think i've used every possibility to reach you.

Edit: And as you write, your behavior with informations about the development of Sylenth, is more than unfriendly to the customers.

Edit2: Everyone in this Forum, who is interested in a fix, please write a seperate mail to http://www.lennardigital.com/support/co ... p?type=def with problem details and a statement on his support. Probably a flood of mails regarding this, would let him hear his customers.

I would jump on board if the possibility for 64bit OSX was going to happen. Id also like to know of any potential updates as well. I refuse to purchase this in it's current state and I am put off more even more when I see threads like this.

Now I am pretty sure it would be in the best interest of any potential buyers and his customers interest if Lennard was to at least explain his slow responses. Furthermore If you can't handle the large amount of inquiries into your products future development, then maybe you need to hire someone to do this for you.
:borg:

I totally agree with you VORT3X. And i dont trust Lennards post about his ongoing development of sylenth. He dont provide any information/support, so how did the customers know, that he has interest in their problems or even whishes.

I dont think he will develop sylenth along. Over 1 year without updates.
Periodly forum posts and no answers on support requests, except those with the topic of payment or has to do with money he will get.

Return to “LennarDigital”