Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah.. if he doesn't want his product to die it's in his best interest to continue to support modern operating systems.. regardless of the current requirements

Strange, work fine on my system, and I am using Windows 8
Simple and repetive are my middle names

elv wrote:Strange, work fine on my system, and I am using Windows 8
Can you please explain detailed, how you've installed the sylenth and registered it.

is your win 8 installed fresh? is it upgraded?
is uac turned on/off?
which daw you use? did you start your daw in administrative/compatibility mode?
have you used sylenth more than 5 minuted at once?
did you chance the windows by pressing ALT+TAB while having sylenth active and waited min. 5 minutes after that?

thx 4 every hint

works fine here as well
upgraded win8
UAC turned off
Studio 1 v2, not started in admin mode
tried alt+tab fine

ezelkow1 wrote:works fine here as well
upgraded win8
UAC turned off
tried alt+tab fine
Okay thank you for your informations. In my opinion turning off the uac is not the solution, because that disables a lot of security features in modern windows operating systems. This is like when you put your door key under the doormat :)

Something i found out is, that the 32-bit version does get registered when you try it without administrative rights, but the 64-bit version does not.
Can someone confirm that please?!

Edit: Confirmed! Its a problem between sylenth and the uac / store and registry virtualization feature. I have wrote Lennard to develop a fix for this, cause using the program directory for file placement is not a good idea in windows from vista and above :)

I usually check program compatibility before I upgrade the OS, but that's just me.

warp x wrote:I usually check program compatibility before I upgrade the OS, but that's just me.
unnecessary comment... how could you check compatibility without testing under new os?
Btw the problem is not the new os, its the wrong usage of directories for writing files. This problem could occur under windows 7, with the same test szenario too, cause both systems work like that. Its just luck, that under windows 7 nobody got this.

I enabled UAC and tried to repro this again on Windows 8 x64 running Cubase 6.5.3 x64 and Sylenth 2.21 beta x64 but having no lucky reproducing the problem just yet.

Has anyone had this issue with the x64 version of Sylenth1 out of interest?

I suspect that this problem is due to the strict security and ownership of directories enforced in W8.

The License.dat is usually placed in the same dir as Vstplugins which usually resides in Program Files which is one of the directories with these strict permissions.

If we can pinpoint the file which is having problems (likely due to permissions), we can definitely work around it in a number of ways.

Here are some things you can try:

1. Install Sylenth1 DLL in a location which is not considered a "protected" one, for example under your profile C:\Users\bla\Documents will do

2. Place the file that needs extra permissions in a location such as Documents and use a symbolic link to point to that file from within Program Files

3. Run your DAW as Administrator, that really should give the plugins complete access to the filesystem

If I can repro this, I will definitely try my best to help you guys out where I can.

Cheers :)

ddcool wrote:
upgraded win8
UAC turned off
tried alt+tab fine
Okay thank you for your informations. In my opinion turning off the uac is not the solution, because that disables a lot of security features in modern windows operating systems. This is like when you put your door key under the doormat :
imho uac is just a pita and the first thing I turn off after a fresh installation. It's not much more then a tedius confirmation system asking allowense for every tiny change. "Are you sure you want to copy that file there?" "Are you sure you want to open this?" Not one time, but every time :-o

A lot of people just blindly click yes on every question without even reading it anymore :hihi:

Turning it off saves a few thousand mouse clicks a year 8)

End of Rant :D

Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
upgraded win8
UAC turned off
tried alt+tab fine
Okay thank you for your informations. In my opinion turning off the uac is not the solution, because that disables a lot of security features in modern windows operating systems. This is like when you put your door key under the doormat :
imho uac is just a pita and the first thing I turn off after a fresh installation. It's not much more then a tedius confirmation system asking allowense for every tiny change. "Are you sure you want to copy that file there?" "Are you sure you want to open this?" Not one time, but every time :-o

A lot of people just blindly click yes on every question without even reading it anymore :hihi:

Turning it off saves a few thousand mouse clicks a year 8)

End of Rant :D
And throws a big hole in your system security, but everybody must know for theirselves ^^ (btw OSX asks everytime for entering the root password)
But the point is, that a software had to run with uac on. All security features exists from Vista and above and are by default enabled.

ddcool wrote:
warp x wrote:I usually check program compatibility before I upgrade the OS, but that's just me.
unnecessary comment... how could you check compatibility without testing under new os?
By reading the system requirements before you buy it, and checking when it was last updated.

Nielzie wrote: imho uac is just a pita and the first thing I turn off after a fresh installation. It's not much more then a tedius confirmation system asking allowense for every tiny change. "Are you sure you want to copy that file there?" "Are you sure you want to open this?" Not one time, but every time :-o
Thats why I turn it off, I know what Im doing on my system and dont need a popup to remind me. Either way software needs to work with it on or off

Anyways, my posted info above was all with the x64 version, I havent tried all of that with the 32 yet

tried disabling UAC and installing in another folder ...and running Ableton live 8 as an ADMIN, still after 5 minutes the demo sound appears
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

ddcool wrote:
And throws a big hole in your system security, but everybody must know for theirselves ^^
And what big "hole" is that exactly? Hardware and software firewalls as well as virus and malware scanners are still on :shrug:

Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
And throws a big hole in your system security, but everybody must know for theirselves ^^
And what big "hole" is that exactly? Hardware and software firewalls as well as virus and malware scanners are still on :shrug:
As it mentioned it is like when you put your door key under your doormat.

Return to “LennarDigital”