Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Joel_ wrote:Ergo, no more money for Lennard.

Surely with it just being a Demo voice it should NOT be hard to implement a fix for it. We're not talking about the actual program crashing in Windows 8.... we're just talking about a stupid voice playing on licensed, paid for Sylenths!
So, I assume no one here has checked yet if the cracked version works correctly. I can almost bet it does, cause I've looked at it with e.g. PE Explorer, and the registration is embedded (sorry if that's not the right word) into the dll, i.e. should not be checking for reg info anywhere outside the dll.

Which would leave us in the beatiful situation where warez users have big smiles on their faces and legit users can't use their paid for copies.

But Lennar is working on a fix....... :roll:

Even if cracked software could help starving kids in Africa it's still not welcome here ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Of course it's not! Please see page 2.

ostfront wrote:Of course it's not! Please see page 2.
Have you not downloaded it? How else could you analyse it.
This in itself is not allowed.

Wow, really? What's in your sig is not allowed as well. So?

ostfront wrote:Wow, really? What's in your sig is not allowed as well. So?
Lost. What part?

4 lines and no profanity.

One of the words isnt actually a word at all, so that could hardly be profanity.

ostfront wrote:
Joel_ wrote:Ergo, no more money for Lennard.

Surely with it just being a Demo voice it should NOT be hard to implement a fix for it. We're not talking about the actual program crashing in Windows 8.... we're just talking about a stupid voice playing on licensed, paid for Sylenths!
So, I assume no one here has checked yet if the cracked version works correctly. I can almost bet it does, cause I've looked at it with e.g. PE Explorer, and the registration is embedded (sorry if that's not the right word) into the dll, i.e. should not be checking for reg info anywhere outside the dll.

Which would leave us in the beatiful situation where warez users have big smiles on their faces and legit users can't use their paid for versions.

But Lennar is working on a fix....... :roll:
Not a Sylenth owner here but I think it's a spit in any legit's users face for anyone to be happy about this fact: "My crack works, you suck hahaha". Someone steals your car and drives past your house with a big smile on his/her face. Wouldn't make me smile.
Cowbells!

Mushy Mushy wrote:
ostfront wrote:Wow, really? What's in your sig is not allowed as well. So?
Lost. What part?

4 lines and no profanity.

One of the words isnt actually a word at all, so that could hardly be profanity.
Are you stupid or what? You're openly advertising usage of hard drugs on a music forum (with the mods' permission, obviously) and yet have the hypocrisy to tell me what's legal or not legal.

Well, I'm not entering into a legality debate with you, because you don't know where I live and what the law in my jurisdiction says about downloading cracked Sylenths from the net. PLUS, I only said I've looked at it, so you shouldn't assume ANYTHING more than that?

OK?

ostfront wrote:Well, I'm not entering into a legality debate with you, because you don't know where I live and what the law in my jurisdiction says about downloading cracked Sylenths from the net. PLUS, I only said I've looked at it, so you shouldn't assume ANYTHING more than that?
OK?
No it's not.
Couldnt give a monkey's where you live.
On this forum you are not to discuss cracked products, regardless of whats legal in your country.

And re the assumptions, you're the one assuming the thing in my sig is a drug ;)

You do know magic is a profession dont you. And it is possible a mushroom could be incorporated into an act.

Besides this thread is about Sylenth1 :roll:

Joel_ wrote:The problem for Lennard is is that if he doesn't fix it he'll be losing a lot of money...

Let's say "Bob" has just bought a Windows 8 PC and next week he decides to get into Music Production for the first time, he joins KVR or any of the multitude of forums where there are topics on Sylenth not working with Windows 8 and he decides (obviously) not to buy it and instead invest in Native Instrument's Massive or something else instead.

Ergo, no more money for Lennard.

They wouldn't buy either, because the forum is full of threads including bad/no support statements 8)

Edit: And btw, i did some reverse engineering on this via debugging, but couldn't find out yet, where the sound is be triggered, to create a fast fix for me.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Even if cracked software could help starving kids in Africa it's still not welcome here ;)
But a developer who doesn't give a rats ass about his paying customers is welcome here????

cwig wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Even if cracked software could help starving kids in Africa it's still not welcome here ;)
But a developer who doesn't give a rats ass about his paying customers is welcome here????
He's responded brilliantly when i've contacted him in the past.
AFAIK he (rightly) doesnt answer stupid questions (ie, support for a system that isn't supported).

Mushy Mushy wrote:He's responded brilliantly when i've contacted him in the past.
AFAIK he (rightly) doesnt answer stupid questions (ie, support for a system that isn't supported).
The world would be better if anyone handle like this :help:

ddcool wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:He's responded brilliantly when i've contacted him in the past.
The world would be better if anyone handle like this :help:
Yes unbelievably better.
Imagine how faster queues would be if people researched their question before asking it.
Things would be cheaper because there would be less people employed to answer stupid phone calls (sure there might be some higher unemployment but everything has a price).

So what you're saying is it's perfectly reasonable to waste somebody's time just because you're too lazy to find the answer for yourself.

Mushy Mushy wrote: So what you're saying is it's perfectly reasonable to waste somebody's time just because you're too lazy to find the answer for yourself.
I think my question was not waste. I wants to inform him, that his product don't work on a new os and know if he will fix this or even not and therefor i can invest my money in other products, that fits my benefits.

I used sylenth on Windows 7 and updated last weekend to 8 and of cause know, that in the system requieremnts Windows 8 is not supported, yet.
But i think my question to him is in the interest of many other sylenth users, who would like to update to the new os too.

Return to “LennarDigital”