Sylenth1 Windows 8 not working (fixed)

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ddcool wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
And throws a big hole in your system security, but everybody must know for theirselves ^^
And what big "hole" is that exactly? Hardware and software firewalls as well as virus and malware scanners are still on :shrug:
As it mentioned it is like when you put your door key under your doormat.
I don't understand. With disabling uac, what could happen that my firewalls and virus and malware scanners wouldn't be able to stop?

Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
And throws a big hole in your system security, but everybody must know for theirselves ^^
And what big "hole" is that exactly? Hardware and software firewalls as well as virus and malware scanners are still on :shrug:
I don't understand. With disabling uac, what could happen that my firewalls and virus and malware scanners wouldn't be able to stop?
Yes, because every program/script/expoit is running under full rights (root like under Linux). This maximizes the possibility that evil programs or code infect your system.

Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
Yes, because every program/script/expoit is running under full rights (root like under Linux). This maximizes the possibility that evil programs or code infect your system.

ddcool wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
ddcool wrote:
Yes, but the problem with this system is that most people just click yes, allow, when asked anyway. That is because it asks so many times where 99 times it's just a normal usual action and maybe one time it could be malware or something.

At least in most software firewalls you can set allow and remember.

ddcool wrote:Its just luck, that under windows 7 nobody got this.
Guess I'm unlucky then.

I have this in Win7 (x64), using FL 10 (x86) & Sylenth v2.21 (both 32 and 64-bit exhibit this behaviour). Only in old projects, and only some of the time (not all old projects with Sylenth are affected). UAC is off. Running as admin doesn't make a difference.

Emailed Lennard on 28/6/11 with this info. No response yet. Now that's support worth paying for! :lol:

Lucky I'm laid back and have my own problems to deal with...

Under previous Windows 8 (before Release preview wich I am running know)
I had to start FL in Admin mode so the Licence.dat would load correctly.
At that time I was also using the lates beta of FL.
But now I am running w8 RP with FL 10,0,9. And it just worked as it should.
That is no need to turn anything of or go into admin mode
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Without reading the whole topic: Just installed Windows 8 Pro x64, using Cubase 6.5 x64, and the latest version of x64 Sylenth (a beta, don't know the version number but can look it up) - no problem at all.

Using all standard settings - just installed Windows - Cubase - all my plugins to see if they worked. All do. So no tweaking: no admin rights for Cubase, UAC not disabled. And I plan to keep it this way :-)

JorgV wrote:Without reading the whole topic: Just installed Windows 8 Pro x64, using Cubase 6.5 x64, and the latest version of x64 Sylenth (a beta, don't know the version number but can look it up) - no problem at all.

Using all standard settings - just installed Windows - Cubase - all my plugins to see if they worked. All do. So no tweaking: no admin rights for Cubase, UAC not disabled. And I plan to keep it this way :-)
Yes you are right. In deed the 64-bit version is not affected.
But this is not a workaround for me, because i would need to replace all instances of sylenth in all my projects + save as preset and load preset.
I've informed Lennard last week about detailed problem analysis from me.
I think this problem occurs because of an incompatibility between sylenth and the uac / directory & registry virtualization.
But Lennard has to look in his source and test this.
I will inform, if he answers me. The last answer from him was at 1. Nov 2012.

Long ago we starting turning off UAC on our business machines. We had to in order to get our accounting software to work correctly. The accounting software was ... Microsoft Great Plains and it did NOT like UAC restrictions.

I was all set to buy Sylenth1 today, but seeing yet another thread reminding me that it has been 4 years since an update has convinced me otherwise. Maybe I will give Dune another look. I think it is still being supported.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote:Long ago we starting turning off UAC on our business machines. We had to in order to get our accounting software to work correctly. The accounting software was ... Microsoft Great Plains and it did NOT like UAC restrictions.

I was all set to buy Sylenth1 today, but seeing yet another thread reminding me that it has been 4 years since an update has convinced me otherwise. Maybe I will give Dune another look. I think it is still being supported.

For me disabling the uac makes no difference. Sylenth brings up the sound too.
Of course i re-installed everything to have a clea environment.

I just got Windows 8. It seems that disabling uac (which means setting the slider to the lowest value) not fully disables uac, like in Windows 7 :?

You can however manually turn off uac completely by editing the registry, but that will result in the desktop Metro tiles not being functional anymore :-o

Nielzie wrote:I just got Windows 8. It seems that disabling uac (which means setting the slider to the lowest value) not fully disables uac, like in Windows 7 :?

You can however manually turn off uac completely by editing the registry, but that will result in the desktop Metro tiles not being functional anymore :-o
So that is not the solution. Lennard definitly has to fix this in the sylenth source and recompile a new version. But nobody knows how long this will take.
As i spent some time in developing, this shouldn't be a big thing.
I hope in a soon fix, but all i've read in the forum won't make me feel lucky ;)

just wow....6 pages of a bug and no words from Lennar Digital
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

ulozilla wrote:just wow....6 pages of a bug and no words from Lennar Digital
We can open a bet and everyone can say, when Lennard will fix this.
This is gonna be fun ^^

Edit: I found this :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpB0ETatrYI

I wrote a mail to Lennar last monday, the answer came on tuesday. There will be a Win 8 Fix very soon.

Return to “LennarDigital”