Why pay more?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

Sylenth1 is currently selling for €139. Since I live in the Netherlands, I have to pay an extra 19% VAT on top of it. If I select United States as my country, I have to pay 0% VAT. Why would I select the Netherlands than? I mean, if it's seen as avoiding taxes, I could let a friend from the US purchase it for me and then send it over...right? Or am i saying something real bad right now.

Your license is bound to yourself. If you ask someone else to get it, it will be on their name. If you want to buy the license from your American friend you have to pay VAT and importcosts. The 139 + 21% VAT is the cheapest way...remember the VAT has been set to 21% recently... ;)

We know it seems unfair, but since we're based in the Netherlands, we have to pay these taxes.

*Lang verhaal kort, het lukt niet, de belastingdienst doet hier vreselijk moeilijk over. Als je gepakt word met dit soort zwendel ben je enorm veel meer geld kwijt. Draai je Pc of Mac?

then why not set a fix global price for the Sylenth1.
like 165€ the equal in US$ and maybe the same in Britsh pounds.
this way the people will not get angry and will not notice they have to VAT.

i saw a few Companies doing that and they are located in EU too.

Then the Americans would complain about having to pay the same as EU despite not being liable for VAT

Getting angry at a company charging VAT is pointless as the company doesn't have a choice, depending on where they are located.

sytrusze wrote:Hey guys,

Sylenth1 is currently selling for €139. Since I live in the Netherlands, I have to pay an extra 19% VAT on top of it. If I select United States as my country, I have to pay 0% VAT. Why would I select the Netherlands than? I mean, if it's seen as avoiding taxes, I could let a friend from the US purchase it for me and then send it over...right? Or am i saying something real bad right now.
I don't know how it's done technically, but you could get yourself into trouble when you, for example, use a proxy to buy your stuff online, if that's even possible. Usually the systems won't allow you to set your country to something else than the place you really come from. Wonder if it's even possible to set another country for your buy here.

And +1 at what tehlord was writing.

tehlord wrote:Then the Americans would complain about having to pay the same as EU despite not being liable for VAT

Getting angry at a company charging VAT is pointless as the company doesn't have a choice, depending on where they are located.
Americans are a lazy folk to be honest, everywhere they want the cheapest price.

we are not angry at the company for charging VAT, im sure we know that they dont have a choice.
its really a hazzle to be located in the EU. :neutral:

but well we all look to get the cheapest price for something and not to lose about 25€ or more to something called VAT? :dog:

What do you mean, lose 25€? You always pay VAT, on everything you buy. Why wouldn't you pay it on the internet? What is your comparison, U.S. prices? They're not in the EU, you know.

Oh no! The unfairness of actually having to pay for things like hospitals, schools and roads rather than everything growing on trees for free.

chk071 wrote:What do you mean, lose 25€? You always pay VAT, on everything you buy. Why wouldn't you pay it on the internet? What is your comparison, U.S. prices? They're not in the EU, you know.
the problem is that you mention it, there are a few audio companies, who set global price for their product and then take in VAT for the country the buyers live. (sorry for that bad english - im having a bad day.)

Ameyah Audio wrote:
chk071 wrote:What do you mean, lose 25€? You always pay VAT, on everything you buy. Why wouldn't you pay it on the internet? What is your comparison, U.S. prices? They're not in the EU, you know.
the problem is that you mention it, there are a few audio companies, who set global price for their product and then take in VAT for the country the buyers live. (sorry for that bad english - im having a bad day.)
I don't understand your point P, it's the same for every single company that operates in a country where VAT is applied to a product they sell.

They are legally obliged to act as tax collection agents for the inland revenue (or whatever the taxation body is called in their country).

A global price would mean that countries where VAT isn't applied pay more money for no reason.

@ Ameyah Audio: I have never seen any vendor declaring global prices. At least not when they have planned to supply globally. E.g. Bitwig's price is 299€/399$. (i take this example, because i have visited their shop just yesterday)

Ameyah Audio wrote: Americans are a lazy folk to be honest, everywhere they want the cheapest price.

we are not angry at the company for charging VAT, im sure we know that they dont have a choice.
its really a hazzle to be located in the EU. :neutral:

but well we all look to get the cheapest price for something and not to lose about 25€ or more to something called VAT? :dog:
:? Lazy? Because they want a cheap price and dont want to have to pay taxes that some other country imposes? That seems like a whacked out definition of lazy to me. First off, everyone is always looking for the cheapest price, consumers, companies, governments, its how economics works. If you arent looking for the cheapest price then you are the lazy one(or something is at a price point where searching for a cheaper price is not worth it due to lost time vs your income), or are using some morals in a context that has no morals.

Second, You pay vat because of where you live, that vat provides you services that people in other locations to do not receive. Your money is not going into some sinkhole somewhere, it provides you with something. People who do not receive those extra services should not have to pay that tax that you do. Its pretty simple
Last edited by ezelkow1 on Sat May 31, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

if you insisted you could always use a free vpn to have your ip address show in another country?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:if you insisted you could always use a free vpn to have your ip address show in another country?
this isn't necessary, because you can choose your country manually. Having it set according to IP address would also be stupid, because if I'd be somewhere on a business trip (to let's say the US) I wouldn't be able to pay VAT, even though I am a Dutch citizen.

@Ruben(LD): I am on a Mac, but I use windows frequently.

Return to “LennarDigital”