64bit OS X , When?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pretty pathetic situation, we're well into the year now.....it's been one abject failure after another.

Way to shoot down a good product.
< nobody cares what you use >

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I do feel the need to explain some things.

The programming is done for 98% or something in that range, in fact...it's running and we're eager to start beta testing. However, one of the most complicated things at this time is creating a custom copy-protection that will allow us to release this without seeing the update being hacked within a couple of weeks.

Believe me, we wish the update was done long time ago, please imagine being bashed daily (most of the complaints we receive aren't even from customers but from 'demo testers') for not being able to give your customers a free update.

Besides, as said before...it's a complete re-write, it's not converting a 32-bit version to 64-bit, it's re-writing the WIN/OSX 32- and 64-bit version completely. It's not a pre-fab pack we can put together easily, it's actually quite complicated. Therefore we can't predict exactly when we will be able to release.

You're kidding me, right? The copy protection?

Why are you punishing legit customers? There's always going to be pirates, screw them!

Ah, you're the glass half-empty kind of guy, when I look at your previous posts I can't find a positive note in the first three pages so I'm not even going to take your answer serious.

For all others, we're mostly done...we can't wait to release it. :)

Ruben(LD) wrote: For all others, we're mostly done...we can't wait to release it. :)
Thanks for the update Ruben. :)

"Ah, you're the glass half-empty kind of guy, "

And a paying customer.

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that a company that has handed out one excuse after another for not supporting
and developing their one product in an environment that was ALL shifting to 64 bit (let's say HAS now) would feel
comfortable further patronizing and insulting their customers.

Way to go. So you're only just beta-ing now? That's funnny, I read that a couple of months ago...I trust readers can
skim back to it.

btw, just what positive note do you think any sane person would have to offer?

'thanks for letting me struggle to use your instrument i paid for in a software environment that has totally moved on years ago now'

C'mon...being smarmy isn't going to further ingratiate you. If other customers want to be door stops, that's their business.

Ruben,

Thank you for your update. It appears yet again that it was prompted by another negative comment. My impression of Lennar Digital's PR strategy is that it is mostly reactive and as a result, you are constantly on the defensive.
Ruben(LD) wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, and I do feel the need to explain some things.
As I suggested in my previous post, driving the interactions with your current and future customers rather than waiting to apologize and "explain things" would benefit all parties involved. I suggest giving periodic updates on the progress of bringing the 64bit OSX version of Sylenth. "The excitement created by the teaser photo of the updated version showed that many of us still care about Sylenth and would like to reintegrate it into our workflow. Your periodic engament with the KVR community through more pictures or simple progress updates would go a long way in rebuilding trust in Lennar Digital of customers and users of Sylenth who have felt abandoned for a long time...

Simple weekly or biweekly posts, e.g. today we are polishing the look of the cut-off knob , is all it takes to engage us again..."

It is also interesting that I did not see a response to my earlier constructive feedback; you responded only to quantize's negative post.

These are my suggestions, but of course, it is your business and the choice of how you shape your PR is entirely yours....
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs

pmczar wrote: Simple weekly or biweekly posts, e.g. today we are polishing the look of the cut-off knob , is all it takes to engage us again..."
You mean like Facebook or Twitter updates? Well, i can only speak for myself but i need that like a hole in the head. What's the benefit of knowing they're working on the look of the cutoff knob atm? I think people nowadays expect everything to be posted on forums, social media and whatever these days. You know, all the time dev's spend on being on those, they could spend on developing the software.

chk071 wrote:
pmczar wrote: Simple weekly or biweekly posts, e.g. today we are polishing the look of the cut-off knob , is all it takes to engage us again..."
You mean like Facebook or Twitter updates? Well, i can only speak for myself but i need that like a hole in the head.
As I said previously "Your periodic engament with the KVR community through more pictures or simple progress updates (...)" That means I'm suggesting KVR updates. If, however, the developer chooses to use other social media for people who use them, that should be no harm to you if you don't subscribe to Lennar on those media...
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs

Cool... looking forward to the 64bit version.

You were talking about Win, will the update also available for Mac AU?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Thanks, both of you. Because you both bring in the pros and cons what it's all about. We understand the update is highly anticipated, the update should have been done years ago and we have a lot of disappointed customers. Therefore, nothing we do is right...until we release the update. When we post, we get rants, when we don't, we also get rants. And that's fair enough, we understand, but it makes the decision to post a bit more difficult.

@pmczar Thanks...and you're right, the reply on the teaser was overwhelming...and there will be more soon.
And since we only operate on the internet, we're mostly reactive, we have to. :)

@deft_bonz Both Windows & Mac, VST 2.4 & 3, AU, AAX, 32&64-bit. But we will release the OSX update first.

Thank you for your response Ruben.

Ruben(LD) wrote:@deft_bonz Both Windows & Mac, VST 2.4 & 3, AU, AAX, 32&64-bit. But we will release the OSX update first.
hehehe... that's even better :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:
Ruben(LD) wrote:@deft_bonz Both Windows & Mac, VST 2.4 & 3, AU, AAX, 32&64-bit. But we will release the OSX update first.
hehehe... that's even better :D
Fantastic news for the vst3 update. No rants or rages here...patiently waiting and will dust it of the vst rack when released :) must revisit sylenth again soon.

Only niggles I have with sylenth (and no demands here) purely mindful comments.

Switching between the 2 layers.
Better patch browsing function (incidentally is a niggle in Spire also).

Look forward to the release.

Return to “LennarDigital”