[SOLVED] VAT

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I live in the UK.
I went on your website to purchase Sylenth, but your charging a VAT of 21%. In the UK, the VAT rate is 20%.
Therefore, I should be charged at 20%. As the price is online I cannot change this, so how can I buy Sylenth with the correct VAT rate of 20%?
https://www.gov.uk/vat-on-digital-services-in-the-eu

thanks,
Vince

You obvioulsy can't as LennarDigital doesn't seem to have implemented VAT MOSS yet.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

well was hoping to get that extra 1% off!
anyway, they should have implemented the changes, as it is law in 2015. So charging 21% is against the law. Maybe they didnt know that?

vinx98 wrote:well was hoping to get that extra 1% off!
anyway, they should have implemented the changes, as it is law in 2015. So charging 21% is against the law. Maybe they didnt know that?
Maybe you'd prefer them to shut down completely, like various other small audio businesses here have already done because of this. I mean since you already knew about MOSS you know exactly how complex it is, right?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Go ahead, sue them. I wanna see one of these people actually do something to the dev.

I'm sorry, but ur post is silly. 1% difference and you're complaining?
musisikamar.com

Germans are even more pi**ed off because the VAT here is 19%. :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

seems like one hell of a coincidence that someone who (a) knew about MOSS and (b) was bothered about a 1% extra cost just happened to visit the shop the day MOSS came into effect.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hi All,
Just seen these replies and I wanted to say that in no way do I care about the extra 1% charged. I am on holidays and was shopping around for a new VST or synth online on the 1st January (because I was bored).
Yes I knew about MOSS reporting and the new VAT rules, but only mentioned that on this forum because it is not legal to not comply - so I was just trying to help the vendor. My comment about the 1% charge was sarcastic and I just wanted to say that they may not have known about the law. I had no idea that small businesses are going out of business because of this.
I am writing it in this forum as this is supposedly the official Sylenth forum. I repeat, I just wanted to help. I have implemented MOSS reporting where I work (a publisher) and I agree it's not easy and I would offer to help for free if needed.
thanks,
Vince

xamido wrote:
Go ahead, sue them. I wanna see one of these people actually do something to the dev.

I'm sorry, but ur post is silly. 1% difference and you're complaining?
I have no intention to sue, I was just mentioning a fact. In hindsight it seems silly to bring up the 1% difference, but I wasn't complaining about it - it was just something I noticed. I am buying Sylenth soon.

Thanks all of you for the notice, we've prepared the new VAT rules a while ago and these will be implemented today.

:)

Return to “LennarDigital”