Mac "EL Capitan"

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ruben(LD) wrote:We have just uploaded the new beta V3.007 version of Sylenth1 which should fix the problems with OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 & Logic pro 10.2, as well the "Error 22" problem.

Native Instruments wrote:Native Instruments currently warns all users against upgrading to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) due to major compatibility issues
Bing search reveals...."The OS X El Capitan release date is less than 24 hours away" (written today).

So as soon as you get this Mac beta working the next OSX point update is going to break it ? Like I said finish the Windows update first which won't get broken every couple of months then you can work on keeping the Mac version from breaking.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Heh.

Teksonik wrote: So as soon as you get this Mac beta working the next OSX point update is going to break it ?
Is that a fact? And even if it was, do you expect every Mac user on this planet to update in the first 12 hours after Apple releases a new OS? Or, do you expect EVERYONE to update to the new OS version? Mac users have waited a long time for the 64-bit AU now, so it's just fair enough to serve those first. And even if it wasn't, the people who decide which way to go with their product are Lennardigital, not agitating forum posters.

Sorry agitated Mac Daddy.....Just got this in an e-mail from N.I.

"Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:

1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected
In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple".

Does that mean Sylenth 1 will be effected ? No of course not but if one of the Largest Music Software Companies on the planet is effected then a small one man operation like LD might end up spending more precious resources trying to chase the Mac fixes......so in the end Mac users might even have to wait longer.

Doesn't matter how long you wait to update to the latest .000001 OSX update if it causes problems those problems will eventually have to be dealt with. All the while the Windows user base sits twiddling it's thumbs waiting for their update which will most likely work on everything from 7 to 10.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'd just hate for LD to announce "The Mac version is ready and working perfectly" then have someone say "But it doesn't work on "EL Capitan" (did they run out of cat names ?)

Then it's back to square one.....for everybody...... :shrug:

So consider this a heads up for LD to be aware of issues that another developer is having. It was important enough for N.I. to post on Facebook and send out e-mails with the warnings.........

Well, Windows users DO have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Sylenth1, while Mac users wait for years for 64-bit AU. They will have to support both MacOS 10.10 and 10.11 eventually anyway. In the meanwhile, Windows users can see for themselves which ground breaking functions (skin support, resizable GUI, new copy/paste menu, new copy protection, wow!) they're missing in the new version. :)

Yes we can see it..........which is why we want it. :wink:

I'm really interesting in the re-sizable GUI and user skinning. So sue me for wanting the Windows 64 bit update now rather than waiting until LD chases OSX/Logic problems from point update to point update to point update.... :?

Anyway like I said it may not effect Sylenth at all but it's freaked out Native Instruments pretty badly.......

Not suing you at all. Just saying that the Mac users wait for years now for the 64-bit AU, so, IMO, It's fair enough if they work on that first.

We've already tested on El Capitan, shouldn't be any problem ;)

Besides, in meantime we're working on the Windows version, almost done.

That's good news. :)

Air Music Technology posted this on Facebook today:

"Our team is currently closely evaluating the release version of OS X El Capitan. We are not aware of any issues at this time with V2.0.5 or greater of our plugins.

We are however aware that a number of 3rd party DAW's currently do not yet support the OS. Users of Apple Logic Pro X and Logic Pro will need to download updates from Apple when they become available to resolve a issue with the AU format causing instability with all AU plugins regardless of developer".

I once asked a small one man developer why he bothered with a Mac version since there seemed to be one problem after another like the one mentioned here and he replied that a good portion of his sales were from Mac users so I guess it's worth all the work dealing with OSX/Logic issues......... :shrug:

Meanwhile Sylenth1 has worked flawlessly here 32 bit and 64 bit on WinXP, Win 7, Win 8.1 and now Win 10 .........

:scared:

Just got this e-mail from izotope..........

"As many Mac users are aware, Apple recently released OS X 10.11, El Capitan. At this time, we strongly recommend that customers using iZotope products postpone their upgrades to 10.11.
Our engineering teams are actively testing and qualifying the final release version of El Capitan, and are working to address known issues".

:(

Sylenth is not currently working with Garageband on El Capitan.... LD aware

Prevalence wrote:Sylenth is not currently working with Garageband on El Capitan.... LD aware
This should be fixed in one of the upcomming updates... :)

Return to “LennarDigital”