No Sound from Part B unless routed through part B filter?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

Im using Yosemite and Sylenth1 64bit latest version (3.0.0.9)

I have a patch in Sylenth1 that utilizes porth Part A and Part B oscilators. I routed both part through filter A but noticed that the filter envolope wasnt changing the sound in the was I expecting.

Further investigation has led me to believe that I get no sound from Part B unless I route it through Filter B. I can have Filter B set to bypass but unless I have Part B routed through it I get no sound from Part B.

Further more because Part B is routed through filter B, even though on Filter A I have Part A and Part B routed through it, the filet envelope only affects Part A.

Anyone else experience this? or spot that I am doing something wrong?

Please help!

Patrick

Has it worked differently on older or Windows versions?
I think you have to set the amp envelope of the second layer as well, for instance by copying it from the first layer.
I don't really understand, though, how that works because the second amp env does not seem like a full amp env in this scenario, yet it changes the sound somehow.

I think that routing implementation is a bit unfortunate and limited to begin with. That's why most synths with more than one filter allow to put them in series.

Hi,

I think you're mixing up some things. With filter envelope I expect you mean the oscillator's amplitude envelope? Because filter envelope can only be done by routing the modulation envelope to the filter cutoff.

Secondly, each part has its own amplitude envelope. Routing part A and B both through filter A, will make osc B route through amp env B, through filter A through amp env A, so both envelopes. The reason is so that you still have amplitude control over both oscillators while only using 1 filter. You can set attack to 0 and release to max if you want to 'bypass' amp env B.

I try to avoid routing both layers through the same filter, the implementation of the amp controls confuses me. What would make more sense is being able to send only one layer through both filters.

Actually, I wish there were a lite version of Sylenth, with just one layer instead of two :) With up to 8 waves per osc and two osc's, one layer is more than fat enough for me. Basically that is how I use it, as if it had only one layer.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I try to avoid routing both layers through the same filter, the implementation of the amp controls confuses me. What would make more sense is being able to send only one layer through both filters.
You CAN send one layer through both filters. Set Filter A input to A and set Filter B input also to A. Then the oscs on part A are routed through both Filters A and B.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Actually, I wish there were a lite version of Sylenth, with just one layer instead of two :) With up to 8 waves per osc and two osc's, one layer is more than fat enough for me. Basically that is how I use it, as if it had only one layer.
Unfortunately that would render a lot of presets incompatible.

But I can't set filter B input to A only, only to none, B or AB. Or am I missing something?

Set filter B to input AB. You're not using oscs B anyway, since you wanted to route ONE part through both filters. If you want to run both parts through both filters, just set both filters to input AB.

Return to “LennarDigital”