HELP!! You have reached the machine activation limit!

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My production pc isn't online, it doesn't even have an internet card. So this is the end for sylenth1 on that machine?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Do changing the hard disk (after a failure for example) count for a new activation?
No, but for major changes in your hardware we do recommend you deactivate Sylenth1 first.

manducator wrote:My production pc isn't online, it doesn't even have an internet card. So this is the end for sylenth1 on that machine?
No, we recommend using a USB WiFi adapter (for less than 10 Euro) for computers that have absolutely no other way to connect to the internet. Just set up a WiFi hotspot on your mobile phone for example and you're done! Activation takes just a few seconds and it's safe to remove the USB WiFi adapter afterwards.

I installed V3.0 Win and dragged the .dat file to the gui to activate it. No problems.

Lennard wrote:
zvenx wrote:Also would be nice if you could remotely deactivate an activation. Suppose a computer is stolen for instance?
We're planning on adding such option soon.
I think this is a MUST have feature before going out of beta.
What if I install some new hardware and I forgot to deactivate my copy first?
I have to remove the new hardware, deactivate Sylenth and then add the new hardware again?

Or I'm just misunderstanding the whole concept?

tuzemec wrote:
Lennard wrote:
zvenx wrote:Also would be nice if you could remotely deactivate an activation. Suppose a computer is stolen for instance?
We're planning on adding such option soon.
I think this is a MUST have feature before going out of beta.
What if I install some new hardware and I forgot to deactivate my copy first?
I have to remove the new hardware, deactivate Sylenth1 and then add the new hardware again?

Or I'm just misunderstanding the whole concept?
You can safely install new hardware unless you're replacing your mainboard, which is the same as replacing your entire computer. In the latter case you will indeed need to deactivate Sylenth1, just as you would need to deactivate it when you switch computers.

Unfortunately there is no proper way to add remote machine deactivation, as it would undermine the sole purpose of the activation.

So if one's motherboard dies?
rsp
sound sculptist

Or just the network controller dies?
That happened few years back. I was unable to use almost anything on my machine. The only thing left working was GOG games :)

Can we have some guidelines what kind of hardware changes will affect the installation?
Like adding a new HDD drive, adding more memory, etc.?

I understand the reasoning for such decisions, but I feel a bit uncomfortable.

zvenx wrote:So if one's motherboard dies?
rsp
In that case you can contact us and we'll deactivate it for you.

tuzemec wrote:Can we have some guidelines what kind of hardware changes will affect the installation?
Like adding a new HDD drive, adding more memory, etc.?
Lennard wrote:You can safely install new hardware unless you're replacing your mainboard, which is the same as replacing your entire computer.

Lennard wrote:
rsp
Great.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

This is ridiculous. I just sold my old computer and now I cannot activate my new one. It is physically impossible for me to deactivate it. The hard drive was wiped and the machine is GONE.

I have a laptop and desktop. Now I would have to deactivate my laptop to regain my desktop, but LOOSE a license to a GHOST MACHINE. What the actual F****. This is terrible customer service and with no warning.

Now I'm in the studio with a client looking like an idiot because I can't open the synth I PAID FOR.

Without a remote deactivation feature this SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PUSHED.

Horrible customer service!!!!

Lennard wrote:
rsp
sound sculptist

You should always click MENU -> Deactivate in Sylenth1 to deactivate your computer before wiping your computer. After that you can activate a new one.

If you don’t have access to the activated computer anymore, you can still delete the activation online:
https://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/user/login.php

No reason for the big mouth.

You can find all of this info in our FAQ by the way:
https://www.lennardigital.com/support/l ... ?display=5

liamshy wrote:
Now I'm in the studio with a client looking like an idiot because I can't open the synth I PAID FOR.
Actually, you're an idiot for not researching before whining.

Return to “LennarDigital”