American visiting denmark

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so i just picked up a new mac book before i flew over to europe and for a few weeks. i am doing some work with some friends and i was gonna by a new copy of sylenth1 but it wants to charge me and extra 40 euros just for being over seas. is there anyway i can by pass the tax charges ? :)

Hi,

If you are an American citizen with an American PayPal account or credit card then you can simply choose USA as your country and no VAT will be charged.

Some sites automatically recognize the country of the buyer, based on the IP address. If that is the case, you might want to use a proxy server.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Some sites automatically recognize the country of the buyer, based on the IP address. If that is the case, you might want to use a proxy server.
And of what use would that be, if your Paypal account, or your credit card is registered in the EU? Even if it would work, it could get you into legal trouble. And i don't really have comprehension for that type of thing either. Unless you want to hurt economics in your country, and don't want them to be able to subsidize your health insurance, or build children's plagrounds, streets, bike, or pedestrian ways. It's all connected in some way. Just because the U.S. don't have VAT doesn't meant that it's necessarily a good thing to not have it, or to not pay it.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huh? He or she is American, so their credit card and PP account are registered in the US.

Ok, i didn't realize you were talking about this specific scenario, but thought, you were generally speaking. Nevermind then. :) Maybe a good idea to buy it after the visit in denmark then?

I thought so, too, but maybe they need S1 for that work with friends...

It doesn't matter from where around the world you buy it, it only matters what country your credit card or paypal account is registered to. The country you live in is the one you're VAT liable to (if EU), not the country you visit on holidays.

Return to “LennarDigital”