Sylenth1 as a Reason Rack Extension?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Mr. Lennard. :)

Was just wondering, if you ever spend a thought on porting Sylenth1 to the Reason plugin platform. Actually, i would think it would pose a great opportunity, to develop a new market, sell more copies of Sylenth1, and make Sylenth1 even available for a larger amount of people. I would say Sylenth1 is pretty much predestined to be a great plugin for a port, because, as a VST/AU, it is very light on ressources, which would be a big plus when porting it, because, as far as i know, there are some RE's, which are quite heavy on the CPU, and may not be as well optimized as Sylenth1, or tax the CPU for another reason as a RE.

Wonder what's your take on it. Maybe it isn't even possible for technical reasons, even though i do believe that the RE SDK now allows a lot of things, and porting instruments, from my layman point of view, doesn't seem to be a big changeover. Obviously, the SDK even allows for switchable interfaces now, which it didn't do with earlier versions, so even a 2-page design like on Sylenth1 should be possible. Spire is being ported to RE at the moment too BTW. Maybe you wanna consider. :)

Any idea what the RE percentage of sales is with developers who offer their stuff for various platforms including as RE? I think Synapse Audio is an example.

No idea, but, it seems to pay off for some (Synapse Audio, Rob Papen), and not for others (u-he e.g.). If it is easy enough to port the plugins (and doesn't take too much to get used to the new development framework), i guess it should make sense.

Sadly this wont happen now. Still would prefer Sylenth as an RE. :(
KFish needs to answer a simple question. What is an outdated sound?

The upcoming Reason 9.5 will support VST plug-ins, so you can finally use Sylenth1 in Reason too!

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-95

Indeed, no more need for a RE IMO. :)

Return to “LennarDigital”