Synthmaster won't change skin and other problem

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, I just purchased synthmaster 2.6 When I go to change the skin it wont change. And also, sometimes when I hit a key in synthmaster, the key will continue to play even when I release and i have to end up turning it off and back on for it to stop, its not like any of them have a long release. It just randomly won't stop play back even after I do. Any Ideas or tips for this? any updates? I am using Abelton live 8 by the way.

I can't comment about the skin, but for the other problem try disabling and then enabling the plugin (click the "Device Activator" on/off button).

For the skin, I assume you're changing it at the top? You actually have to change it under the Settings tab in the right hand column, and then close and reopen Synthmaster. I had the same problem.

b15fliptop wrote:For the skin, I assume you're changing it at the top? You actually have to change it under the Settings tab in the right hand column, and then close and reopen Synthmaster. I had the same problem.
I have a little problem, probably easy to resume, but I need a little help. I've just played around with the choices of these skins, and after having chosen "Development Skin" to see what it looks... I haven't anymore the option to come back to another skin.

I assume that it is probably "settable" in a parameter file, xml or txt. I have looked into "SynthMaster\Resources\ParameterMetadata.xml", but whilst there are two lines related to the skins...

Code: Select all

Line 2801:    <Parameter id="SSEL" name="Skin Selector" isDiscrete="true" valuesList="69" defaultValue="0" textType="Default" displayOtherParameterId="" persist="false" />

Line 3074:    <Parameter id="SKIN" name="Default Skin Name" isDiscrete="true" valuesList="0" defaultValue="0" textType="Default" displayOtherParameterId="" tabSection="0000" />
... it's not in these two lines that the current skin is set.

Neither in "Presets\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt" of course.

So... In the Windows registry? Someone could help me to find this pointer?

Also, after that issue... I highly recommend Bülent to change the first line of
"Resources\Skins\Player Development Skin\interface.xml"
to name it not only "Development Skin"
but fully "Player Edition Development Skin". Or even (why not) to create a boolean, which would be set to True for the Full edition and to False for the Player edition. That would definitively prevent that issue in the case where Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player are installed in the same directory (a thing which is possible since the installation program authorizes it).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ok, I have found a solution.

Both Synthmaster full edition and Synthmaster Player have the ability to change their skins.. but there is no tag in their code to differenciate them!

Result: Synthmaster full edition sees not only its own skins but also the skins of the Player edition.. and it allows to load them! And that, it is a big issue! Because there is no evident possibility to come back to a correct skin without removing the folders containing the skins of the Player edition.

So if you meet the same problem as I encountered, the solution is to momentarily move elsewhere (or definitively delete) all the folders containing the skins which have been made for the Player edition. At least these three folders:
  • SynthMaster\Resources\Skins\AnalogMaster
  • SynthMaster\Resources\Skins\Player Development Skin
  • SynthMaster\Resources\Skins\SM-800X
It must be made of course with Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player closed!

Then once they are moved elsewhere in your hard disk (not only renamed) you can reopen your Synthmaster and it comes back to its correct default skin.

As I said in my previous post, there should be in the code of Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player a boolean which indicates to the application whether the skin is made for the full edition or for the Player. It is totally stupid to have not thought to that. It is really required since both install applications allow the user to install in the same directory even if it is not the default folder suggested. And in the installation file too, there should not be skins of the player in the installation file of the full edition!!!

In the meanwhile, even if we can thank Bülent to give us freely the Player when we purchase the full edition, the best is to avoid to install this Player edition... or to NEVER install it in the same directory than the full edition.

But also I repeat: there should not be skins of the player in the installation file of the full edition!

But anyway it would be, by security, really useful that Bülent modify the code to clearly prevent the ability to load any Player skins in memory with the full edition!
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Ever before the player came out, the Synthmaster skin wouldn't change on mine either - did many of the things mentioned and it always came up with default green. Gave up and decided to just live with it since support requests seemed to be ignored also.

After a couple of months, for whatever reason, I opened it up and it was blue!
Now it changes skin as easy as set, close, reopen (like it's suppose to do).

And I have no rhyme or reason of why it finally decided to do it.

BBFG# wrote:Ever before the player came out, the Synthmaster skin wouldn't change on mine either - did many of the things mentioned and it always came up with default green. Gave up and decided to just live with it since support requests seemed to be ignored also.

After a couple of months, for whatever reason, I opened it up and it was blue!
Now it changes skin as easy as set, close, reopen (like it's suppose to do).

And I have no rhyme or reason of why it finally decided to do it.
At the right side of the GUI you have a tab "Setting". And it's there, at the top of this page which is not easy to see that you can change the skin. The changement at the middle-top of the GUI doesn't work at all... and in fact I don't even know why there is something here concerning the skin.

And I add that the page "Setting" would be far better replaced by a menu like in almost all the other professional VSTs.

No, I told it to change right, it just didn't want to do it until it could say it was its own idea!

:D

BBFG# wrote:No, I told it to change right, it just didn't want to do it until it could say it was its own idea!

:D
What a weird mentality!

So I updated this morning to 2.6.16 (even though the file I downloaded said 2.6.15) and I made the mistake of trying out the "Player" skin, and now for the life of me, I cannot find an option to change it back. I am completely baffled. Am I gonna have to start fiddling with code now? Seriously? There's no menu to turn it back? :roll:

mjs617 wrote:So I updated this morning to 2.6.16 (even though the file I downloaded said 2.6.15) and I made the mistake of trying out the "Player" skin, and now for the life of me, I cannot find an option to change it back. I am completely baffled. Am I gonna have to start fiddling with code now? Seriously? There's no menu to turn it back? :roll:
In the manual, page #11
http://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster/d ... manual.pdf

Hey Thanks!

I'm not one to completely ignore the manual by any means, but I just did not think to look there in this case. I did find your answer a couple threads down in another post but even that didn't work until the 5th or 6th try. Anyways my bad...I'm just glad I didn't start a new thread.

Cheers!

mjs617 wrote:Hey Thanks!

I'm not one to completely ignore the manual by any means, but I just did not think to look there in this case. I did find your answer a couple threads down in another post but even that didn't work until the 5th or 6th try. Anyways my bad...I'm just glad I didn't start a new thread.

Cheers!
No worries :)

Examigan wrote:
mjs617 wrote:So I updated this morning to 2.6.16 (even though the file I downloaded said 2.6.15) and I made the mistake of trying out the "Player" skin, and now for the life of me, I cannot find an option to change it back. I am completely baffled. Am I gonna have to start fiddling with code now? Seriously? There's no menu to turn it back? :roll:
In the manual, page #11
http://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster/d ... manual.pdf
This doesn't work as stated on page 11. (i just got stuck on the player skin lol :( )

After setting the skin to a different skin, closing and reopening.. it goes right back to the player skin.

Guess i'll have to delete the other skins.. :dog:

Please delete the config file, the global skin name is stored in this file:

<my documents folder>\SynthMaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt

OR

<my documents folder>\SynthMaster Player\Config\SynthMasterPlayerConfig.txt
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”