SynthMaster 2 tune

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished a quick tune done with the beta of SynthMaster 2. Sort of a late Tangerine Dream or early Ian Boddy/Andy Pickford style:

http://www.olscratchrecordings.com/Soun ... _Drive.mp3

All sounds are from SynthMaster. Thirteen instances in energyXT2. It performed admirably. No crashes or issues for me (on an iMac running Windows XP via Bootcamp).
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Really nice song, Scot. Reminds me of Tangerine Dream like you said.

This song gives an idea of what Synthmaster 2 will be able to do. :tu:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Really nice song, Scot. Reminds me of Tangerine Dream like you said.

Thanks Ingonator. I've been listening to Exit a lot lately...

On a related note, playing with SynthMaster inspired me to knuckle down and patch some new sounds on my PPG. I hope to convert them over to PPG 2.V when I get a full bank.

Hi Scot,

The song sound awesome! Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it :love:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Hi Scot,

The song sound awesome! Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it :love:
Glad you like it! And thanks to you for letting me do my part for SynthMaster. It has been great fun.

Scot Solida wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Really nice song, Scot. Reminds me of Tangerine Dream like you said.

Thanks Ingonator. I've been listening to Exit a lot lately...

On a related note, playing with SynthMaster inspired me to knuckle down and patch some new sounds on my PPG. I hope to convert them over to PPG 2.V when I get a full bank.
TD ?? Exit is great, Tangram is one of my favs.

abstractcats wrote: TD ?? Exit is great, Tangram is one of my favs.
Me too. I love that period when they were first getting into the digital stuff. Those two records in particular probably kick-started my love affair with the PPG.

I got SynthMaster about a day ago (actually, some 23 hours ago..). I'm quite impressed. Really a swiss-army-knife type of synth, capable of whole lot of things.

Here's my two-minute-and-three-seconds adventure with it: musical computers. Total of nine plugin instances, drums are from outside. Some extra flanger and delay as I mixed it down. Ran smoothly.

There's couple of bugs with the plugin, but I bet they will be quickly ironed out as they pop up. These are what I noticed: couple of times the output would just crackle and then fall into silence, if Osc1 is bypassed and Osc2 is fed to Filter1 in series mode. Doesn't lead to crash though, just a couple of mouse clicks and it makes sound again. The plug forgets the name of the preset when the window is closed and opened again. The GUI editor is prone to crash and able to produce skins that crash my sequencer (well maybe my sequencer's not top-notch..). Also some stuck notes once in a while, but that could be my keyboard aswell.

As for what I'd like to see in the future.. What about modulating objects with oscillators? Filter feedbacks? And in the effects department: flanger and pitch-shifter could be useful. The effect chain (the order of the effects) should be user-configurable. But then again, why not make Effect Master, with the same idea of the user being able to build up their own effectracks..

The GUI editor is probably the reason why this synth is the Synth Master. Not only it's capable of synthesizing some interesting and inspiring sounds, I understand that I'm also capable of creating synths of my own? Is it actually so? That I could create a synth with, say, twelve oscillators modulated by twelve lfo's inside a series of reverbs (that would be bit of a mammoth, but for example)? And the presets saved with this synth, couldn't open up with the basic skin? Though I haven't had a proper look at the editor yet. (Also, someone said in some other thread about the preset browser's font being too small ---- not hard to change that with the editor.)

The amount of presets and waveforms is overwhelming, but it's just pure niceness, as there's more material to get one started with tweaking and sound creation. Thanks to everyone involved.

All in all, this is such a great piece of software. I'm really loving it already. ;) Too bad I promised to go see my family on the other side of the country tomorrow, which means I can't stay up another night playing with the little beast. Lots of more adventuring waiting for me as I come back.

Thanks again, kv331!

Since I am new to this forum I could not find the songs which sounds like TD. It seems the link are all deads.
Also is there any TD like sounds presets for buying? I have seem lots of great sounds from Nori Ukubata like Vangelis and JMJ presets but no Berlin School sequences like banks yet. Any help?
Thank you

Return to “KV331 Audio”