SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
I just discovered this synth last week, tested the demo and buyed it immediately. I think this very nice piece of software will become one of my favourite occupations for a long time and my number one softsynth :clap:. How was I able to miss it for so long ? :dog:
Well, as I see that this is the place for my letter to Santa Claus :pray: , so here are my features requests (if these were done before, sorry and let me know).
- undo/restore (last modification)
- edit/compare (cf. DX7) : switch between saved preset and current changes)
- my current favourite : a polyphonic legato mode (only one volume envelope for all voices of a layer, like some old polyphonic Korg or the PolyMoog) ; may be sometimes useful for a duophonic solo, but mainly useful for polyphonic percussion of organ presets. Nori has done very beautiful and convincing organ presets (I absolutely love all his « retro » banks), but not totally achieved because of the lack of this mode.
And thank you again, first for SM, and for being attentive to our suggestions.

PS 1 : sorry for my english (I write from France).
PS 2 : So Bülent, you began with the Sinclair Spectrum 48Ko. Do you remember these crazy microdrives :help: ? Pioneer days, but funny days.

D.J. wrote:PS 1 : sorry for my english (I write from France).
PS 2 : So Bülent, you began with the Sinclair Spectrum 48Ko. Do you remember these crazy microdrives :help: ? Pioneer days, but funny days.
Ouh lààà... en effet ça nous rajeunit pas, ça !

Perso je faisais même des bip bip avec le Sinclair ZX80 à la fac à Tours en 1980... deux ans avant le Spectrum.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Don't know if this was already requested, but different settings for bend up and bend down woul be pretty nice! :D

I would actually like to see a developer make so that the notes show in an arp/seq ex. C5, G3 etc, instead of the transposed -5 +10 whatever up and down notes. That would for me be more logical.
I would also hope for an update to the arp/seq so that realtime changes happen when you press them, like it does in other instruments. As it is now, you have to release the keys between the changes. Why?
A copy and paste function in all modules would be great to save time if you like or want settings on different patches.
More skins, and a proper JP-8000 skin for SynthMaster would be nice.

The copy and paste function is there now. It is not called copy/paste but save and load. First save, and use it for current or new patch.

I see. That's a little confusing.
I have to try and see how that works. Thanks!

I hope mod matrix's target will be able to select layer1&2 at the same time to modulation by one mod source.

kv331 wrote:
reusenoise wrote:More SFZ opcodes support :D
Which ones?
This was asked a while ago, but I don't think it was really answered. I'd like to suggest some op-codes for Synthmaster based off some of the Sf2 I've converted and other SFZ files I've seen. I fully understand that Synthmaster is not really meant to be used as a full on rompler or that everything may not be able to implement due to the flexibility of the architecture in Synthmaster. Being that I don't know the specifics, I'll suggest just the general categories based on a list of sfz opcodes that I frequently visit online. I'm getting these from this webpage from Linuxsampler (which handles SFZs as well) http://www.linuxsampler.org/sfz. Again..... I'm listing just the categories under SFZ 1.0 specfiication:

Sample Player
Pitch
Filter
Amplifier
Amplifier LFO

I think everything else is more geared towards a sampler player being built from the ground up for an sfz sampler. I would've put the EG & LFOs, but I think this might be better left out unless Synthmaster could route a envelope or lfo behind the scenes for each group or region in an sfz file. I may have his totally confused too, but again, just a novice idea :D
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I'd like it if the midi mappings get fixed, I have easy1 - easy 8 mapped to 8 knobs on my midi controller. this works fine in 2.6.12 and earlier but doesn't work in later versions with the introduction of global vs preset mappings. I want to be able to have them all globally mapped so when I switch presets the easy controls don't suddenly stop working.
Last edited by SoundGoddess on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

it would also be cool if you can map a midi button to the "random preset" function :)
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

I really, really, really want to map the oscillator/modulators to the filters @ audio rate! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY! Pretty please with sugar on top?

...and a granular filter. Then our lives would be complete. ;)

Dasheesh wrote:I really, really, really want to map the oscillator/modulators to the filters @ audio rate! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY! Pretty please with sugar on top?
That would be nice, I worry about the CPU hit it migh take though... :scared:
Dasheesh wrote:...and a granular filter. Then our lives would be complete. ;)
What is a granular filter? I've some experience with granular oscillators from other software, but I'd never heard of a granular filter til you mentioned it. A search online threw up the AudioMulch one which from the description seems similar to some of the processing in Absynth 5:
soundonsound.com wrote:Nebuliser is a granular filter. A delay‑line granulator generates a sequence of grains, individually fed into band‑pass filters.
Is that what you mean, or are there different kinds of granular filters?

Yeah you got the idea. Granular is just breaking sound up into tiny pre defined pulses that you can then redistribute to creat new sounds. Granular filters will break up the sound as an fx, while granular oscillators are called "pulsar train" synthesis because they emit a regular pulse of sound like a pulsar or neutron star emits radiation in regular intervals. Hope this makes sense I'm on my phone.

Synthmaster needs a new GUI !
No auto tune...

Return to “KV331 Audio”