SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dont know if this request is listed or exposed time ago but, for me its a very very important thing, if you can please, make posible to lock sections of the synth, like nexus or virus does, lock filters, envelopes , mod matrix,entire voices or the effects, thanks for this incredible and powerfull synth, its the best one by farrrrrrr.

Hey Bülent, I hope life is peaceful over there..

I've got a few feature requests in my bag..

1) It would be nice to have presets in the mod matrix. This would make the workflow for doing a certain thing faster.. I'd especially like it so that when loading a preset there, it would append the list of modulations, instead of removing all that was there and replacing them with the contents of the preset.

2) A bypass button/option for the modulations in the matrix. This would make it easier to hear what a certain modulation is actually doing (especially if it's something that's affecting other modulations). With the current GUI, this could be in the popup list that gives the options to multiply or add.

3) Preset load for the easy controls. I can save them, but I can't load them - have to copy them from other patches? (is this a user error?)

And two small things regarding the website: it would be nice to see the changelog and the quickstart guide there.

Edit: and oh, one more thing, this guy was asking about keyboard splits, which would be cool feature. It would make SM feel a bit multi-timbral, actually.. So here's a reminder about that: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5477238

Bugfix:

When scrolling in the browser using mapped midi controls, the scrollbar does not scroll the content field with the selection. So it's easy for the selected control to go off-screen, causing you to revert back to the mouse to scroll the list view.

Request #1:

Please publish the midi parameters for the pitch, modulation, and previous/next (instrument,style,author,preset).

In FL Studio, they only work if you explicitly set the input port to your midi controller. This makes it frustrating when working with multiple SynthMaster instances.

Everything else can be mapped with FL's controller settings, which then automatically work with the selected SynthMaster instance window

Request #2:

Create a new bank called Favorites, and copy any presets marked "favorite" to that bank (it's much easier to navigate this way than with the pop up context menu)

Request #3:

Would be nice if you can right-click on a bank and export as an .smpb file

- never mind
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Kati Maya wrote: Bugfix:

When scrolling in the browser using mapped midi controls, the scrollbar does not scroll the content field with the selection. So it's easy for the selected control to go off-screen, causing you to revert back to the mouse to scroll the list view.
In the configuration file (<MyDocuments>\Synthmaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt) there's a a line:

Listbox autoscroll=no

Change that no to yes and save the file. That'll enable autoscroll for the preset list.
Kati Maya wrote: Create a new bank called Favorites, and copy any presets marked "favorite" to that bank (it's much easier to navigate this way than with the pop up context menu)
We added a new feature where you can add presets to your "favourites" list, and when you do that the attribute "Favorite" is added to the preset as well.
Kati Maya wrote: Would be nice if you can right-click on a bank and export as an .smpb file
Well that's not possible unfortunately.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Aax 64 bit please!!!!
I'm Kinda a big Deal

D Midas wrote:Aax 64 bit please!!!!
Spring 2014 it'll come :)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: When scrolling in the browser using mapped midi controls, the scrollbar does not scroll the content field with the selection. So it's easy for the selected control to go off-screen, causing you to revert back to the mouse to scroll the list view.

In the configuration file (<MyDocuments>\Synthmaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt) there's a a line:

Listbox autoscroll=no

Change that no to yes and save the file. That'll enable autoscroll for the preset list.
Thanks...that fixed it! :)
kv331 wrote: We added a new feature where you can add presets to your "favourites" list, and when you do that the attribute "Favorite" is added to the preset as well.
I see the attribute "Favourite" on the preset information page, however, there is no "Favourite" attribute in the Browser, and also if I try to upload anything it says that the preset instrument type is blank, even though it is set on the preset tab. So I'm thinking perhaps my database got corrupted, I'm not sure how to rebuild it?

Perhaps this is related to the fact that I moved my SM folder to (D:\Composition\VST\SynthMaster\), and then told SM to use that as RootFolder in the SynthMasterFolders.txt as per the instructions in the manual ... So I'm surprised to discover that is still looking in the (<MyDocuments>\Synthmaster\) folder.

When I enabled autoscroll in the (<MyDocuments>\Synthmaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt) then it worked but it did not work when I enabled it in the (D:\Composition\VST\SynthMaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt).

I should add that I have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions installed; I use 32 bit initially and only swap it out with the 64 bit if it seems I really need more resources for that particular sound. In both cases, the SynthMasterFolders.txt RootFolder directive are set to (D:\Composition\VST\SynthMaster\)

kv331 wrote:
Kati Maya wrote: Would be nice if you can right-click on a bank and export as an .smpb file
Well that's not possible unfortunately.
So there's no way for end users to make their own banks besides zipping up the directory of their individual presets? It's not a big deal, I just was curious, it just seems like smpr/smpb are equivalent to fxp/fxb, and other synths seem to allow you to do that. I guess that's why the free preset packs I found (mr.music, ras.s, and gokosoul edm) weren't saved as smpb's.

Anyway thanks so much for your responses...I'm going to try to diagnose the directory structure issues because that could be why the preset attributes aren't working properly for me.

I got the "favourites" attribute working with a completely clean install with only the factory banks...

I could not right-click and favorite a factory preset and have it show up in the browser. however when i made a new preset with the favorite attribute and saved it, the browser decided that attribute now exists and showed the factory presets I'd favorited.

It appears that the file "SynthMasterPresets.xml" is automatically generated from the .smpr files in the preset directory, but that any attributes applied to presets in .smpb files will not show up under the browser unless you have .smpr files with those attribute defined. Whereas the Preset tab shows all attributes, not just the ones that were generated at the time SM made the xml file.

So it appears that there are two bugs, one is that the SynthMasterFolder.txt does not work 100% so SM is still reading and writing stuff in My Documents folder. And the second is that SM browser ignores attributes in .smpb files when building the list of attribute filters in the browser.

Anyway I got it working great now...thanks so much for everything!

Hi there!

first let me say I really love the synth. I dont have any problems with it so far. This is just my little wish. It has something to do with dialing up right pitch. It's little tricky sometimes even with holding shift key. There's some range of values within each octaves/semitones and one has to each time carefully dial the right amount to get right pitch. So I think classic buttons or "windows" - as e.g. in Sylenth1 - for octaves and semitones would be convenient :wink:

EDIT: And I have to add global filter on the list. I'm trying to recreate some presets from other synths and with this filter per layer set up it's really difficult. It could be much more easier with global filter.
Last edited by LukeStarlight on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I would love to have a "Random Waveform Selection" button that selects a random waveform from the Factory / Userwaveforms directory. Having over 35000 waveforms added to Synthmaster, it could be really inspiring if it could random select a waveform from those 35000 waveforms each time I press the "random" button in the waveform selector in the oscillator.

Additionally I wanted to add it would be really great to also have the backwards - forwards button for browsing through the waveforms not just in the "Basic" oscillator, but also for "Additive", "Wavescan" and "Vector" oscillators.

Right now you can only manually select the waveforms from the list in these type of oscillators. Only in the "basic" oscillator there is the backwards - forwards button for browsing through the waveforms. But I think it would be great to have it everywhere where you can select a waveform from the wavetable.

And, the "random waveform selection" button (if you can do that I would LOVE you), would also come in handy just everywhere you can select a waveform from the wavetable, regardless of the oscillator type.

Big thanks and happy new year 2014:)

vintagefly wrote:Additionally I wanted to add it would be really great to also have the backwards - forwards button for browsing through the waveforms not just in the "Basic" oscillator, but also for "Additive", "Wavescan" and "Vector" oscillators.

+1

i dont own now SM, but i plan buy it. And it would be nice have graphic wave icon for each wave on list selection wave. The wave icon is sometimes more representable for sound of wave as FM 01, FM 02 etc...

LukeStarlight wrote:Hi there!
There's some range of values within each octaves/semitones and one has to each time carefully dial the right amount to get right pitch. So I think classic buttons or "windows" - as e.g. in Sylenth1 - for octaves and semitones would be convenient :wink:
Use mouse wheel! It will increment/decrement by exact semitones!
Works at KV331 Audio

vintagefly wrote:I would love to have a "Random Waveform Selection" button that selects a random waveform from the Factory / Userwaveforms directory. Having over 35000 waveforms added to Synthmaster, it could be really inspiring if it could random select a waveform from those 35000 waveforms each time I press the "random" button in the waveform selector in the oscillator.

Coming up in our next update! 2.6.14
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”