SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oberheim 8000 wrote:i dont own now SM, but i plan buy it. And it would be nice have graphic wave icon for each wave on list selection wave. The wave icon is sometimes more representable for sound of wave as FM 01, FM 02 etc...
Well, I have to figure out how to implement a special "waveform" browser!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
LukeStarlight wrote:Hi there!
There's some range of values within each octaves/semitones and one has to each time carefully dial the right amount to get right pitch. So I think classic buttons or "windows" - as e.g. in Sylenth1 - for octaves and semitones would be convenient :wink:
Use mouse wheel! It will increment/decrement by exact semitones!
Alright, that's a good tip. Always wondered if it was possible in semitones steps. :tu:

I am absolutely loving Synthmaster, but I am really struggling to understand how to properly use the Favorites feature. My feature request is that I could right click on any preset, select "Add to favorites" and then be able to see that preset show up when I select the Favorites attribute in the browser. Strangely, this seems to work for less than half of my presets. Sometimes I get lucky and it's visible, but more often than not, my favorite preset won't show up in the list. It will, however, show up in a drop-down list by right-clicking on "New" -- not nearly as nice as showing up in the browser.

So I'm not sure if this counts as a bug fix request or a feature request?

Note: after a bit more experimenting, I see that removing and re-adding the presets that did not show up before is allowing them to show up. I'm using version 2.6.9, by the way.

My only other request for the moment would be a more expansive user guide. I suspect there's a lot of hidden features that aren't covered in the few pages of that quick start guide. For example, that scroll-wheel pitch adjustment feature mentioned earlier in this thread -- super important and useful! I would have avoided lots of time fussing with the knobs if I had known that was there.

Thanks for the awesome synth, keep up the great work! :tu:

LukeStarlight wrote:Hi there!

first let me say I really love the synth. I dont have any problems with it so far. This is just my little wish. It has something to do with dialing up right pitch. It's little tricky sometimes even with holding shift key. There's some range of values within each octaves/semitones and one has to each time carefully dial the right amount to get right pitch. So I think classic buttons or "windows" - as e.g. in Sylenth1 - for octaves and semitones would be convenient :wink:

EDIT: And I have to add global filter on the list. I'm trying to recreate some presets from other synths and with this filter per layer set up it's really difficult. It could be much more easier with global filter.
+1 for controlling pitch. Simple absolute semi-tone values would help a lot.

Hi there.

First i want to say that i really love the Synthmaster.
Here are my ideas to make SM better than ever ;) - something i'm really missing:

Limiter
I needs one - very often it's not possible to catch the peaks. A hard brickwall limiter for the Master FX section would be perfect.

Poly 1
In some cases the sounds are killing themselves (PM / FM) on mono (legato).
Don't know if it's a bug - but Poly 1 would be a nice choice in situatuions like that. Because in polyphonic it sounds diferent, even on single played notes.

Copy & Paste OSC
It's to much klickworks on multiple oscillatos, especially at additive synthesis.
I think both sections need more copy & paste functions.

LFO - Sync
For all those Wobble Stuff it would be great to have a 'real wobble knob' ;)
A knob that swiches through the (synced) speed.

Additive Synthesis - seminotes down
Possible?

Detune Shape
When the osc are not running free, detuning is adding a phaser effect right from the beginning. A second (or more adjustable) algorythm for detuned voices would be great on retriggered oscillators.

Master Filter
2 filters per Layer - but there's no way to name a master filter. Would be great for sounddesign on both layer.

Curve automation
A new feature - would be really useful if it's possible to draw some automations inside Synthmaster.

Thanks for reading
E.SoX

Hi Synthmaster is great !

I don't know if it was asked before but I have a little problem with user waveforms, I have too much directories and Synthmaster doesn't display all of them. Maybe submenus would be a nice solution to lessen the menu size too.

Thank you !

In the next update I will increase the number of scanned directories from 64 to 1024. So this was your waveforms should be detected!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:In the next update I will increase the number of scanned directories from 64 to 1024. So this was your waveforms should be detected!
Woah! GREAT!!!!

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

kv331 wrote:In the next update I will increase the number of scanned directories from 64 to 1024. So this was your waveforms should be detected!
Great news ! ;) Thank you

I would like to see the up down arrow keys change presets in Studio One, not just Reaper! 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:I would like to see the up down arrow keys change presets in Studio One, not just Reaper! 8)
I've tried that, but so far couldnt manage to get it working. will debug further...
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Integratron wrote:I would like to see the up down arrow keys change presets in Studio One, not just Reaper! 8)
I've tried that, but so far couldnt manage to get it working. will debug further...
So up/down doesn't work for you using Reaper?

If works great on my Reaper - what's the difference here? 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Would love to see global midi mapping and a midi map save function!

I added that to my TODO list for v2.7

Looks like Global MIDI mappings are a must.
Works at KV331 Audio

There is a minor bug with Reaper (which may apply to other DAWs) where when you type in information in the preset info page you can't use the spacebar because it's captured by the DAW as the play button.

My request is for the presets to have a more standard naming convention as it would make it a bit easier to search in the browser. For instance the big tone ones have a space in them so they always are at the top of the list, and unlike other presets they name them starting with BT instead of ending with BT. And it would be nice if the bank names were consistent so it was "Pop Hits Volume 3" instead of "Pop Hits Vol3" etc, would make it a bit cleaner and more professional. Just a cosmetic thing but it could make workflow a bit faster for finding the right preset.

Also it would be great to have a little search box quick filter so that you could type in a few characters for the preset name and they would show up in the list, similar to how reaper has a filter for when you insert a plugin.

Finally I noticed the Synthmaster page says it is 2.6.12 but in the release notes it only goes up to 2.6.9. I assume I have 2.6.12 downloaded but there's no way to verify this is the case since the release notes don't mention it. When I click on the logo it says it's the latest version, but it doesn't actually give the version number.

What would be really be amazing would be some tutorial videos on how to use the major features to create your own presets. The manual is okay but it's quite technical, it would be nice to have one of your preset makers show how they do their workflow to create a new preset from scratch. I know I'd be happy to pay for a video series that would go into depth on this from the perspective of someone new to sound design and synthesis. It would also inspire more users to upload their presets to the online database to build up more of a community. Maybe it's not popular enough yet for something like Groove3 but that would be sweet to have some tutorials that are in depth like that. But even more basic tutorials would be helpful.

You guys are awesome, this is the best sounding synth I've had the pleasure to work with and I think you're really going places with it. I voted for you as the best synth from the link you sent in the latest newsletter. :)
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “KV331 Audio”