No MIDI input

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi -

I bought this synth a while ago and I've made a bunch of patch design without running it in a project. Now that I'm starting to work on projects I notice that all of a sudden Synthmaster no longer receives any midi data.

I am on Ableton (Mountain Lion OSX) and every other track/synth receives MIDI full well but each time I load Synthmaster I can play around 2-3 seconds and then it halts completely. It doesnt crash, it just stops receiving any midi information.

I wouldnt want to reinstall this all again because I already did it a few times when I had problems when designing sounds as SM didnt see / recognize the patches I had created but I finally figured a way to overcome that (dont remember how though).

...long story short, can you help me out?

my 2 cents so far is that this is a very interesting and capable synth BUT it is not something that works out of the box and as advertized. If I compare this to some of the other industry standard soft synths (Massive and Sylenth come to mind) it is all the more obvious. I've had those for years and they've never acted up on me, on any system Mac or PC.

Cheers, I hope the issues get ironed out.

That's an odd issue, we have "many" customers and no one has reported something like this.

Wait for my latest update that'll be released tonight. Maybe that'll help. Did you have the latest version by the way ? (2.5.4.149)

Also, this might be related to folder permissions issue.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Okay I downloaded the new version and now I can play on the initial preset but approximately 75% of the factory presets just make a clicking / popping noise upon loading and will not play a sound (MIDI comes in normally but no sound). The rest of the presets seem to play normally but the vast majority do not. And it is completely random which would play and which would not.

Any ideas?

ok so there's something funny going on with ableton and synthmaster.

i tried SM on logic and it seems to be working just fine. the only real problem is I dont work in Logic and whenever I switch over to ableton the problems begin. Synthmaster will accept midi only on random presets about 50% of the time and otherwise it will stay muted (both AU and VST)

Anybody experience anything similar?

Did you download and install the latest version 2.5.4.152 ?

To be on the safe side please download the full installer and run it.
Works at KV331 Audio

this same behavior happens both on the new Live 9 beta and Live 8.

Scrolling through presets also crashes Ableton.

Needless to say, as an Ableton user SM seems quite useless. Unless there is something I have overlooked (anybody from the support in here?)

Does this happen on Windows or MacOSX? 32 bit, 64 bit or both?

Could you please download and install the full setup, not the update.

and when you get a crash report could you please paste it here or send it to me?

Thanks

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi Bulent-

Thanks for your effort.

I re-installed it completely (deleted all files I could find) and the initial problem seems to have disappeared.

However, the arpeggiator patches do not function properly now - the sequence will play maybe a half of a bar and then mute itself. That is a bit of a downer but this is much better than not having any sound at all.

Return to “KV331 Audio”