Reaper crashing again (only with some presets)

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I installed the new update for 32bit SM, and now one preset of SM (already sequenced and mixed within a project) instantly crashes Reaper upon a note, doesn't matter if it is sequenced or played. Other presets don't crash and work fine. Yesterday, before installing the newest update, everything worked fine.

I tried turning off the oscs and filters, and it still crashes.

But, if I create a new instance of SM and load the same preset, it does not crash. So, I can bypass this bug by creating a new instance of SM and loading the preset. However, if I save, close Reaper and start it again, it crashes again. I also tried this with only one track with just SM, the preset loaded, still crashes after restarting Reaper.

(All custom made presets)

I did some further testing, and got another preset to crash just by adding lfo to it while playing. I could reproduce this within the project, but not immediately if I create a new project and try the same thing. However, it will crash the new project if I save it, restart reaper and then add the lfo while playing.

Did some more testing, and found out that the very same preset does not crash Ableton Live, but makes the audio output glitchy and produces hanging notes. Other presets work fine.

I did a clean reinstall of SM and now suddenly everything works fine! Has there been a silent update or something since the launch of 2.5.4.151, or maybe its just my messy computer.

bm1000 wrote:I did a clean reinstall of SM and now suddenly everything works fine! Has there been a silent update or something since the launch of 2.5.4.151, or maybe its just my messy computer.
I released a hotfix yesterday morning. Maybe I should have increased the version number but havent done that.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”