Midi Output from SynthMaster!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I just bought your SynthMaster v2.6. It's updated to v2.6.3
It sounds great and fat, and is quite easy to use. I do wish the layout showed all parameters on one page only. Not a fan of the Layer1 and 2 approach like in Sylenth1, or any other soft synth.
I can't figure out the midi output feature of the arpeggiator.
I use Mac OS X 10.8.3 and Ableton Live 9 64Bit.
When i tried this, I used both the AU and VST versions in 64Bit, and I even created another midi track to route it too, but no arp pattern being recorded that way.
How do I record the arpeggiator output from SynthMaster to a track in Ableton Live 9?

Hi there,

We have soo many parameters that it's almost impossible to place them in one screen. Would you have any input on that?

As for the MIDI output, let me test that with Ableton and will get back to you. You're using the VST version of the plugin right?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi!

About the layout. I ment more like the overview you have on a real synth. Sorry about that. Not sure how to make it easier, but less clicking back and forth on some parameters would be nice to see.

I'm using SynthMaster v2.6.4.3. I tried both the AU and VST version. It should be possible to record an arpeggio pattern on to just one midi channel, right?
Or is this not possible in Live?

Could you please make the arp settings (Range, Steps, Sync) to change in realtime while I hold down a key/keys or a chord?
It seems that I have to let go, and press down keys in between, for those settings to change. Is this a bug?
Could you also please make some knobs for those settings instead of menus?
That would really feel more natural and be faster for experimenting in realtime.

I tried this with the discoDSP Corona, which also have midi out for the arp, and there it works just fine in realtime, with or without the sequencer running, and while I was holding down the chord the whole time.

Thanks! :)

I couldn't get this to work with Studio One Pro ;(

earlyfirst wrote:I couldn't get this to work with Studio One Pro ;(
You are using the VST plugin right? Not the AU ?
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi,

Can someone please explain how to get the midi out of the Synthmaster arpeggiator?

I can't seem to figure it out, I don't really know if it is possible, I look in the manual but can't see it.

I am using Studio V2 Pro (also have cubase 6.5 and reaper).

For example, I just bought the new soundset from Ayin Zahev and like the pattern of one of the arp presets and I couldn't work out how to get the midi of it. What I ended up doing was record the output to audio, then edit with melodine and then drag onto new midi track to get it - in other words, I've done it but the long and hard way: pain in the a$$ :)

Thanks for any help and advice

GA

You're using the VST version right?

The AU doesn't output MIDI currently
Works at KV331 Audio

Yes Vst 64bit, I'm on Win 7 and running S1V2Pro 64 bit

Edit: never mind I've worked it out ;)

Just create new instrument (midi) track, set input to Synthmaster, press record and away you go!

WOw! nowadays I tried some cool arpeggiator plugin like BlueArp and Kirnu,
but if SM can output midi that's cool too!

Return to “KV331 Audio”